Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

BP Punches Teammate

Started by HawgsPolo, October 17, 2017, 05:51:08 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HawgsPolo

October 17, 2017, 05:51:08 pm Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 07:44:38 pm by Porked Tongue
Got into with Mirotic in practice. Not good
Go Cubs Go!!!!!

bjeffersonhog

Sounds like BP messed him up bad

zane

Said Mirotic had to be hospitalized and is "out indefinitely "
RIP LSUfan

arkfan81

Their saying BP hit em with a cheap shot.
Have faith...

Danny J

Just heard...man...that's not good

rzrbackramsfan

I read on ESPN they were in a shoving match and BP pinched him and fractured his face and mirotic was hospitalized. 

rzrbackramsfan

Fractured bone in his face and is being evaluated for a comcussion.

Hogs run wild

welp, that's one way to take out the competition
We all got a chicken duck woman thing waiting for us.

Swinesong1

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on October 17, 2017, 06:25:37 pm
I read on ESPN they were in a shoving match and BP pinched him and fractured his face and mirotic was hospitalized.
And I thought my Mom could pinch hard!  😂

damgoodestuffyhog

Hate to hear this. Hope he can avoid suspension, fines, lawsuit, etc if appropriate. Could really damage his career.

whippersnapper

According to one "sources" that guy called BP the N-word in the locker room. I am sure BP has been called that before but from a teammate?? He had it coming.

ShadowHawg

Really out of character for BP. No way Mirotic is some innocent victim.

damgoodestuffyhog

Quote from: whippersnapper on October 17, 2017, 07:18:11 pm
According to one "sources" that guy called BP the N-word in the locker room. I am sure BP has been called that before but from a teammate?? He had it coming.

I also saw that on Twitter, but think it was a satirical account. The espn.com article has been updated to say that Mirotic charged him twice before Bobby punched.

Also the espn article says the fight was during practice on the court.

damgoodestuffyhog

You would have to assume that the bulls will be looking to trade him. Wouldn't mind seeing him on the Cavs after he serves whatever suspension he may receive.

Crazy that there isn't more interest in this thread yet. It will grow yuge.

rhog1

Wow. Definitely more to this story. Seems totally out of character for Bobby Portis.

PonderinHog

Dwight_K_Shrute

Sometimes a little notoriety isn't a bad thing. Sort of the no such thing as bad publicity thing. 
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

TomasPistola

Says he charged at Bobby twice. Sounds like he got what was coming to him.
Quote from: Hog Momster on January 06, 2011, 09:45:30 pm
You were right.
Quote from: Breems on April 28, 2011, 05:58:14 pm
You did a great job.
Quote from: Verge on June 22, 2011, 08:44:20 am
If you have some form of mental retardation i will stop making fun of you, just want to clarify this first.

ShadowHawg

Differing reports out there. One that it was a cheap shot, one that both threw but Portis landed one, and another where Mirotic was charging at Portis when he got punched.

navyhog24

Maybe Bobby can get into boxing

Porked Tongue

"Portis vs Taylor"
Battle in the Rock!

IronMountainHog

Mirotic was 187 years old when they fought....187 years old!

I don't know how old he was, but he got his azz whipped

Porked Tongue

Quote from: IronMountainHog on October 17, 2017, 08:50:08 pm

Spanish judge had it 117-112 Mirotic

Adam Stokes

Best comment on ESPN:

"Nice strategy Bobby.

- Tonya Harding"

IronMountainHog

98hogs

daprospecta

Quote from: IronMountainHog on October 17, 2017, 08:50:08 pm

Hahahahaha, where is a barbershop when you need one!

hoglady

Sometimes when you fight unintended consequences happen.

If Mirotic charged him twice before Bobby finally punched him - oh well / lesson learned, don't charge at people who can fight better than you.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

snoot hoggy hog

Don't charge at people from Little Rock
Don't charge at a Razorback
Don't charge at a person who thinks he's the next Kevin Garnett
Don't charge at a person called "Crazy Eyes"

Slater

It has been stated they were talking smack, Bobby P was not the aggressor. He was defending himself, thugging it up is not his style.
FASTEST 40 ILUVMIKE

hoglady

Just set to record Inside the NBA with Kenny, Charles and Shaq.
Interested to see if they address the incident and what they have to say.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."

OS2 (SW) Razor Back

Quote from: TomasPistola on October 17, 2017, 07:49:47 pm
Says he charged at Bobby twice. Sounds like he got what was coming to him.

Bobby "El Matadore" Portis.
The Giants win the penent!!!!!The Giants win the penent!!!
Today, I consider myself the luckiest man on the face of the Earth.
I can't believe what I just saw!!!!
Down goes Frazier!!!! Down goes Frazier!!!
Do you believe in miricles?!?!?!

hoglady

Lots of possible repercussions for Portis on this - could get cut, traded and got to wonder whether the Chicago fans turn on him.

husker71

they would not cut him at least I dont think so.  Portis has some value out there IMHO. 

razorback1829

Quote from: hoglady on October 17, 2017, 11:35:10 pm
Lots of possible repercussions for Portis on this - could get cut, traded and got to wonder whether the Chicago fans turn on him.

Hahahaha nah. It's basketball. Sometimes emotions get the best of you. Bobby won't be going anywhere though.

Pumbaa

Quote from: hoglady on October 17, 2017, 11:35:10 pm

Same could be said for Mirotic I would have to think.

Swinesong1

Quote from: Pumbaa on October 17, 2017, 11:49:02 pm
Same could be said for Mirotic I would have to think.
Mitotic was just signed to an extension.  Portis is at end of contract.  They drafted someone at Portis' position.  He'll be suspended and could be waived.

WPS501

Quote from: razorback1829 on October 17, 2017, 11:48:16 pm
Hahahaha nah. It's basketball. Sometimes emotions get the best of you. Bobby won't be going anywhere though.

mirotic is in the hospital.  jets parted ways with the guy who messed geno smith up.  i don't see this going any differently.

moses_007

I always thought Bobby was too easy going for this sort of thing.

k.c.hawg

One report say's cheap shot. The other report say's Mirotic charged Portis twice before Portis threw the punch.
Just sitting on the deck with a cold beer and a hot tequila watching the razorbacks roam.

bigmac3378

"Portis, 22, averaged 6.8 points and 4.6 rebounds last season and 1 KO"

discombobulationist

Quote from: razorback1829 on October 17, 2017, 11:48:16 pm

I think it depends on the details. If he was defending himself, he'll be fine. If it was a sucker punch, I'd get rid of him. Don't think that's his style though.
Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on September 05, 2014, 02:17:08 pm
ISIS could be overrunning your city and Rick would talk about how nice it is to have new neighbors.

Hawg Red

Quote from: Swinesong1 on October 18, 2017, 12:59:50 am
Mitotic was just signed to an extension.  Portis is at end of contract.  They drafted someone at Portis' position.  He'll be suspended and could be waived.

I will first say that I agree things may not end up so well for Bobby because, like you said, they did use a very high draft pick on Lauri Markkanen and Bobby has struggled to find consistent playing time thus far in his time with the Bulls.

But if you look closer at Mirotic, I don't think he's in any better of a position. He actually did not sign an extension, to be technical. He was a free agent and signed a two-year contract on September 25 (less than a month ago). The second year is a team option. This tells me there was very little interest in him around the league and Chicago likely signed him (and paid him 12.5 million) to get to the salary floor. It's basically a one-year deal that allows him to keep him another year if he somehow ends up better than he has been.

It will be interesting to see if the Bulls pick up their team option on the final year of Portis' rookie contract (10/31 deadline). If they don't, the writing will be on the wall. Of course, that is assuming they don't just cut. They would only owe him $1.5 million for this season. That's nothing for them since they are only at a payroll of $84 million (counting Dwyane Wade's $15.5 million buyout).

hoglady

The comments from NBA fans have been disgusting.
Seems public opinion has been formed off the initial report of this being a sucker punch.
If he really was defending himself it's a shame.
An MSN article goes so far as to say - Bobby beat up Mirotic so badly it put him in the hospital.
Never even says it was one punch.