Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Houston Nutt

Started by cjack, October 14, 2017, 10:18:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

cjack

won 8 games and beat the national champs the season he was fired/resigned.  Under CBB, we've been mediocre at his best and outright trash at the lowest times. 

I contributed money to flying banners for Nutt to go.  I'm more than ready again.
Woooo Pig Soooie!

leroyhawg

The talent he had lucked into my cat could've won 11
God Loves a Working man, dont trust Whitey and darn from Shinola. Navin

Navin Johnson

leroyhawg

Navin Johnson

leroyhawg

Navin Johnson

RebHog

Quote from: leroyhawg on October 14, 2017, 10:48:32 pm
I don't care that sht happened I don't want to hear excuses that is all BB provides.

DallasHogFan

I'm not a Nutt fan at all, but he lucked into 10 years of talent?
Let me tell you what Melba Toast is packin' right here, all right. We got 4:11 Positrac outback, 750 double pumper, Edelbrock intake, bored over 30, 11 to 1 pop-up pistons, turbo-jet 390 horsepower. We're talkin' some "Hogville Censored" muscle. -Wooderson

ShadowHawg

Quote from: DallasHogFan on October 14, 2017, 10:51:39 pm
I'm not a Nutt fan at all, but he lucked into 10 years of talent?

Matt Jones and Dmac account for 7 of those

Sweet Feet

Lucked into? He recruited and got those players. Nothing lucky about that.

Letsroll1200

Quote from: ShadowHawg on October 14, 2017, 10:53:25 pm

Matt Jones probably never vets on the field with this coaching staff. Bret probably doesn't sign Mcfadden. He's not you know uncommon.

Matt Burks

Quote from: ShadowHawg on October 14, 2017, 10:53:25 pm
Remember how long it took for Nutt to play McFadden and Matt Jones? I do.

Locutus_of_Boar

Quote from: cjack on October 14, 2017, 10:18:39 pm
I contributed money to flying banners for Nutt to go.  I'm more than ready again.

That probably won't help the current crisis but I'm never opposed to flying "Fire Nutt" banners for old time's sake.  Might provide some needed comic relief.  Put me down for $5.

Matt Burks

Quote from: Locutus_of_Boar on October 14, 2017, 11:13:41 pm
That probably won't help the current crisis but I'm never opposed to flying "Fire Nutt" banners for old time's sake.  Might provide some needed comic relief.  Put me down for $5.
Because that hurt us really bad in the national spotlight which hurt recruiting

Sivad

But your cat would have done it with a lot more dignity and honor than Nutt.

BearsBisonsBoars

Quote from: RebHog on October 14, 2017, 10:50:34 pm
I don't care that sht happened I don't want to hear excuses that is all BB provides.

If you want to be understood, you should consider using punctuation.

hogsmash12

Malvin

Quote from: Sweet Feet on October 14, 2017, 10:56:20 pm
Lucked into? He recruited and got those players. Nothing lucky about that.

He got lucky with McFadden, he would have went to Arkansas no matter what.  The rest though he recruited and I'm sorry, people can cry and bitch about Nutt all they want but that guy got sheit done.  Think of the lineman he had which basically became legends at Arkansas, drafted into the NFL etc.  McFadden was god like, but he had some big holes too.  I really wish the part of Nutt that made the entire state go crazy wasn't there, because the other part was exactly what Arkansas needed.

FelixJonesorDMAC?

Face it, Nutt was a better coach at Arkansas then BB.  That should speak volumes and tell you what we need to do after the season is over.  BB was a good hire on paper and I was extremely happy with the hire.  College football I believe has changed and moved past BB's Offensive coaching philosophy.   By the time he makes adjustments whether it's in a game or changing players, it's too late.  BB doesn't deserve a Nutt style exit, but he also doesn't deserve another year.

hogsmash12

From the comments in this thread one would get the idea that Hog Nation is paying penance for firing HDN.

Pork Twain

"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

HawgTide

Quote from: cjack on October 14, 2017, 10:18:39 pm
won 8 games and beat the national champs the season he was fired/resigned.  Under CBB, we've been mediocre at his best and outright trash at the lowest times. 

Please just stop. We have too many tards already

PigPusher

Isn't it a bit strange that a perfectly good college football coach some to Arkansas and then wilt after a time.  Then they go to another college and pick right back up as they were before Arkansas.  When that happens over and over again one has to begin to looking at the management style in the athletic department. We know darn well that its not the fans.
A loyal and proud Hogville Hog since 07-01-2003 "pushing" our hogs: And a loyal Razorback fan since 1954.

moses_007

Quote from: Pork Twain on October 15, 2017, 12:17:27 am
HDN next Arkansas AD.
I'd bet the Good Ole Boys would approve of that.

HawgWyld

And Bielema would have won 4...

The Pulse

If i was wired that way, i'd kill myself if Nutt was made head coach again.

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Quote from: Malvin on October 15, 2017, 12:05:47 am
He got lucky with McFadden, he would have went to Arkansas no matter what.  The rest though he recruited and I'm sorry, people can cry and bitch about Nutt all they want but that guy got sheit done.  Think of the lineman he had which basically became legends at Arkansas, drafted into the NFL etc.  McFadden was god like, but he had some big holes too.  I really wish the part of Nutt that made the entire state go crazy wasn't there, because the other part was exactly what Arkansas needed.

Please step away from the computer, Houston.

You can rewrite history if you want, but the truth is that King Clown didn't know what a forward pass is and frequently wasted talent and opportunities.

He was mediocre at best and of highly questionable character.

BB may not be better as a coach, but it seems like he's a good man and honorable.

I'm not sure yet if I want BB gone or not, but if he leaves I seriously doubt that he'll find the same vitriol HDN did.  HDN deserved the treatment he received and the GOBN should have been exposed to it as well.

People want to paint the picture of "crazy fans" for flying the banners, but they've conveniently forgotten how unresponsive and uncaring the PTB  had become.  Fans that cared, basically hit a point of having no other recourse.
His response to me:
Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 13, 2016, 11:48:33 am
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

Wild Bill Hog

Nutt needed to go and so does Beliema.

East Clintwood

Quote from: Matt Burks on October 14, 2017, 11:15:30 pm
Because that hurt us really bad in the national spotlight which hurt recruiting

Please provide proof of this.
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma