Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

C25K - Running

Started by John Futrall, March 02, 2015, 02:32:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

John Futrall

So I started running the week after Christmas, and used the C25K app to motivate/train me during this time. I started the walk/jog combo during week 1 and worked up to running in my very first 5K this past Saturday in Little Rock. After not having run a 5K race since high school (22 years ago), I ran from start to finish, never walked, and ended up with a time of 30:08.4!  8)

For those that are runners, this is an excellent app for an 8 week training time frame, and I think they have apps similar to this for longer distances (10K, 1/2 mar, etc.)

hawgwild child

I'll have to look into this app, ive been trying to get back into running and possibly running some 5k's. 

hawgrunner

Quote from: John Futrall on March 02, 2015, 02:32:52 pm
So I started running the week after Christmas, and used the C25K app to motivate/train me during this time. I started the walk/jog combo during week 1 and worked up to running in my very first 5K this past Saturday in Little Rock. After not having run a 5K race since high school (22 years ago), I ran from start to finish, never walked, and ended up with a time of 30:08.4!  8)

Good Job!!

theFlyingHog

I have used that app and it worked great for me. Just can't get 8 straight weeks at home with this job I got

Boll Hawg

It's an absolutely great program that can get just about anyone running a 5k in only 9 weeks.  I've used it several times as preparation for my annual PT test.  I use the mobile app and it's got great cues and even plays my running playlist.  I'm on week 3 now.  Once I get my endurance back up to where it needs to be I'll implement speed workouts to improve my time.     
Father, Husband, Teacher, Veteran