Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Where are you stationed?

Started by Hutch, December 09, 2011, 10:00:20 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Hutch

Thought this would be a good place to find out where everyone is stationed around the world. Maybe get a chance to meet up and watch Hog games or just hang out with "like minded" people.

Ill start:

MCAS Beaufort SC

TeufelHog

Ragnar Hogbrok

Quote from: Hutch on December 09, 2011, 10:00:20 am
Thought this would be a good place to find out where everyone is stationed around the world. Maybe get a chance to meet up and watch Hog games or just hang out with "like minded" people.

Ill start:

MCAS Beaufort SC

Hunter Army Airfield, GA.  I've shot the PAR at MCAS Beaufort a couple of times.
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

Hogville prediction formula:

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.
2.  Tag "hope I'm wrong," on the end.
3a.  Enjoy a correct prediction.
3b.  Act like you're relieved you're wrong and celebrate with everyone else.

Airforcehawg

Hutch

Quote from: wocraig on December 09, 2011, 09:16:08 pm
Hunter Army Airfield, GA.  I've shot the PAR at MCAS Beaufort a couple of times.

Yeah that's a pretty good course, I like how wide open it is...just have to watch out for alligators.... still getting used to that.

Hutch

Ragnar Hogbrok

Quote from: Hutch on December 10, 2011, 11:26:36 am
Yeah that's a pretty good course, I like how wide open it is...just have to watch out for alligators.... still getting used to that.

Oops.  Sorry, that was pilot-speak for Precision Approach Radar.  I should have been more clear.  Sorry about that.
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.

Hutch

Quote from: wocraig on December 10, 2011, 08:27:03 pm
Oops.  Sorry, that was pilot-speak for Precision Approach Radar.  I should have been more clear.  Sorry about that.

<-------Not a pilot. LOL thats funny though.  That wont be the last time i screw up a darn acronym.

Ftsmithmike

Quote from: Hutch on December 12, 2011, 09:40:02 am
<-------Not a pilot. LOL thats funny though.  That wont be the last time i screw up a darn acronym.

Are you familiar with AARP?

It's the new Army Acronym Reduction Plan.

For some reason they are having a tough time implementing it into the ranks.
"Here a question arises: whether it is better to be loved than feared, or the reverse. The answer is, of course, that it would be best to be both loved and feared. But since the two rarely come together, anyone compelled to choose will find greater security in being feared than in being loved."

Ragnar Hogbrok

Acronymns are still growing at an alarming rate.  The most concerning are the ones that are the same, but have totally different meanings.

pheine78

The good thing (or telling thing) is that I know what PAR and par mean and do the little par waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay a lot less!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  BTW, I am at beautiful Aviano AB, Italy!  One of the wonders of the military world.
Nolan for defensive coordinator!

J_Ville_Devils_Den

Member Number:  #329

Major Payne: Do not attempt to valid my authority. I have eight weeks to turn you gaggling maggots into a well-discipline cadet unit. From this day forward your sorry asses belong to me. You will not eat, sleep, drink, blow your nose or dig in your buts without my say so. Know this, killing is my business, ladies, and business is good.

webbgem

Matthew 6:34

Hutch

Quote from: pheine78 on December 28, 2011, 07:05:36 pm
The good thing (or telling thing) is that I know what PAR and par mean and do the little par waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay a lot less!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  BTW, I am at beautiful Aviano AB, Italy!  One of the wonders of the military world.

Aviano huh? I was stationed in Gaeta Italy back in 2000-2003, beautiful place! That GC in Carny(sp?) park there in that old valcano is a pretty sweet place to play golf.... never had little par there either.

H0GGYSTYLE

Quote from: wocraig on December 17, 2011, 11:24:17 am
Acronymns are still growing at an alarming rate.  The most concerning are the ones that are the same, but have totally different meanings.

What's even worse is when we went all over the theatre all the little bases were called one thing by the Air Force, a different name by the Army, a different name by the Marine Corps. etc etc etc.

Little Rock AFB - I wen't really far away huh?

Ragnar Hogbrok

Quote from: H0GGYSTYLE on January 25, 2012, 09:32:44 am
What's even worse is when we went all over the theatre all the little bases were called one thing by the Air Force, a different name by the Army, a different name by the Marine Corps. etc etc etc.

Little Rock AFB - I wen't really far away huh?

You know any pilots there that could help me get a gig flying whatever flies stationed out of there?  I'm tired of flying for the Army.  We don't go to "cool" places.  Only bad, austere places for "training," i.e. living in tents (if we're lucky).

PHAHog357

Ninohog never forgotten

ElPasoHog

Fort Bliss, Texas. And yes I actually asked to come here, it's not for everyone but it's my type of place. Great riding and mexican food. Also been stationed at Sill, L-Wood, Hood, Meade, and Stewart.

H0GGYSTYLE

Quote from: wocraig on January 28, 2012, 11:35:19 pm
You know any pilots there that could help me get a gig flying whatever flies stationed out of there?  I'm tired of flying for the Army.  We don't go to "cool" places.  Only bad, austere places for "training," i.e. living in tents (if we're lucky).

Try the swap to Air Guard (189th, out of Jacksonville) if you're not active duty.  I have a guy I work with now that is getting out of the Army guard and transferring to the Air Force Guard.  I flew on C130's so we didn't go to too many "cool" places either, but the accommodations were pretty decent.  I spent most of my time gone flying around the sandbox and most of my time at home either at Bragg or Benning dropping paratroopers getting them qualified.

theFlyingHog

Quote from: wocraig on December 10, 2011, 08:27:03 pm
Leave it to the government to make something sound funny for the sake of the acronym. "PRA" just doesn't sound as good as "PAR".

SexyPlexy

Coleman Brks Germany and Ft Sill, OK
oops a daisy

Chief Mac

February 28, 2012, 10:11:51 am #21 Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 10:39:43 am by Chris McWilliams
Eglin AFB, Fort Walton Beach Florida

33d Fighter Wing  "The Nomads"

First Air Force F-35 Wing
"We spend two hundred and fifty billion dollars a year on defense and here we are....the fate of the planet in the hands of a bunch of retards I wouldn't trust with a potato gun!

Atreyu

1 by 1, we loaded our guns
up on the mountain all day
and all through the night
HEYHEYHEY

Porquemada

Sub base, Groton, Connecticut and Norfolk Naval base, Norfolk, Virginia.

bob slydell

Just PCSd to Cp Humphreys, Korea from San Antonio (Ft Sam Houston).  My next stop is Landstuhl, Germany in November 12.
*this is not a criticism of moderatin.

AirForceHog

If it turns, burns, banks or rolls, crew chiefs made it happen.

GolfnHog

It's Memorial Day and to each and every service member and their families, Thank you for your service. Whether you are stateside or abroad, my family will always reap the benefits of your sacrifices.We do not lose sight of that privilege and the freedoms that come to us daily. Godspeed whereever you are!
Have you ever listened to someone  or read what they put into thoughts and wondered...."who ties your shoelaces for you?"

Pork Twain

Peterson AFB, Colorado Springs, CO
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

hawg_heaven

hawg_heaven

razzorr1

RoboRazor

Bagram Airfield, Afghanistan.  Or BAF.  Home of the budget-depleting contractor.

UKhog1

Shaw AFB but thankfully heading to Little Rock AFB in a couple of weeks.

hogginbama

Stationed in Madison, WI currently. I know, it doesn't go with the name, but one day it will change. 1SG for a recruiting company up here, waiting on my next assignment. Was supposed to be in Indianapolis in November, but someone decided to delete my assignment 8 days before the movers were due to knock on my door.
My ole buddy Biscuit has crossed that rainbow bridge. Life sure is different without him around.

Ben Steiger

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

Großer Kriegschwein

Camp Hovey, South Korea........Uugghh
This is my non-signature signature.

Ragnar Hogbrok

TCS to Kandahar Air Field, Afghanistan.

Four Army deployments are more than enough.  Someone get me a desk job.

Großer Kriegschwein

I feel ya. I have 4 and nearly 6 years in korea. 1 in Japan and 1 in Panama (the good old days). I'm old and worn out and ready for retirement.

This is my non-signature signature.

springs03

Just PCS'd to Osan AB, S. Korea from Kirtland AFB, NM...360 days left till i get to PCS to Little Rock.  Cant wait to be back in God's country!

SC Hogfan

Charleston AFB, SC. Been here too long, waiting on orders outta here!
American by birth.
Southern by the grace of God.
And a Razorback till I die.
WPS!

Hutch

PCSing to Sigonella, Italy in March. Cant wait to watch those Hogs this next season, only problem is that it will be 2am start times for me.

DOGALUM

Quote from: Porquemada on April 29, 2012, 12:36:42 pm
Sub base, Groton, Connecticut and Norfolk Naval base, Norfolk, Virginia.
Had a buddy that was out of Groton on the Pargo.....which is a reef now.   Love the sub stories he tells.   "Thermal Thursday" is one of my favorites. 

Only been on a couple subs.  Can't say that I would choose it.
A man who wouldn't cheat for a poke, don't want one bad enough!

WHITEPW

Currently in Okinawa japan. Going to fort sill after this for a Captains career course even though I'm a warrant officer.

Flying Razorback

I was lucky enough to pick up a PCS to Little Rock AFB last year.  I'm hoping that I'll be able to string a couple tours together here.  You never know with the big changes going on here though.
Satchel Paige said, "Don't look back, something might be gaining on you..."

AirForceHog

Quote from: springs03 on January 11, 2013, 06:52:51 am
Just PCS'd to Osan AB, S. Korea from Kirtland AFB, NM...360 days left till i get to PCS to Little Rock.  Cant wait to be back in God's country!

I'm right down the road in Kunsan AB, ROK. Nice knowing a fellow hog here on the ROK.

Wolf Pack!

cubsfan5150

Quote from: AirForceHog on March 18, 2013, 03:22:55 am
I'm right down the road in Kunsan AB, ROK. Nice knowing a fellow hog here on the ROK.

Wolf Pack!

I'm sitting in Kunsan myself.  Going to Moody after this.  Not too happy with the Air Force's selection, but it's better than Cannon (where I came from).
QuoteWest Side Rooter wrote:

Always best to talk [expletive] about a team when you don't have to face them again.

I'd do the same. LaRussa's a nutjob and would probably throw at his head.
ETA: A bottle of wine, not a baseball.
ETA: Empty bottle, obviously.

AirForceHog

Quote from: cubsfan5150 on March 18, 2013, 06:04:48 am
I'm sitting in Kunsan myself.  Going to Moody after this.  Not too happy with the Air Force's selection, but it's better than Cannon (where I came from).

What squadron?

cubsfan5150

Always best to talk [expletive] about a team when you don't have to face them again.

AirForceHog

cubsfan5150