Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sr. Camp tid bits

Started by The Recruiting Guy, July 21, 2007, 10:00:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The Recruiting Guy

July 21, 2007, 10:00:59 pm Last Edit: July 21, 2007, 11:53:23 pm by Richard Davenport
Athlete Chris Givens of Wylie, Texas could get an offer very soon. At least that was the buzz. I saw him run a 4.41.

Kale Pick and De'Anthony Curtis were both recruiting hard today. I saw De'Anthony and Winston Guy talking early during the camp for at least 15 to 20 minutes. Guy's parents were extremely impressed with everything. I talked to Winston (interview tommorrow) and he was equally impressed.

Pick was working on Jameel Owen's. I talked to jameel (interview tommorrow)and he was really impressed with what he saw today. He said he was going to narrow his list down to a top 5. I asked him he Arkansas would be in his top 5 and he indicated that they would be.

Jarious Wright said he wouldn't make a decision til signing day. I hear other wise but we'll see. I like Arkansas' chances. Jarious had the fastest 40 time at 4.34.

Bryant Newell helped himself with a a 5.4 forty time. I talked with his dad and he said Bryant is working very, very hard. Bryant wants to be a Razorback. He helped himself today.

I saw OL Josh Tatum from Alabama looked the part of a big time lineman. I saw him from a distance as I was talking to someone else. Didn't get a chance to talk to him.

Basmine Jones looked great. He ran a consistent 4.5 and looks like he'll get a look at CB first and then safety.

Kip Edwards showed off his coverage skills. The coaches were flocking to him after the defensive drills. I talked to Kip and he wasn't trying to let on but he couldn't hide his excitement. I like Arkansas' chances.

DE Cameron Henderson out of Alabama looks great. He has an offer from Arkansas a few others. Auburn is about to offer. His dad really likes Arkansas and said he wouldn't mind seeing him on the Hill.

Chris Vaughn is so smooth with parents. I saw him in action and was very impressed. Believe me when I say the parents love him.

beansandtaters

Thanks RD! It would be big to get into Jameel Owens' top 5. It's amazing what our facilities can do for recruiting when we get the players here. Recruiting's really going well.

jpenrod1

Joe

:razorback: :razorback: :razorback: Thanks TRG, great info tid bits. Any info on Arthur Brown and his brother, Bryce visiting The Hill? +1 :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:
You can put a cat in the oven, but that don't make it a biscuit!    
:razorback: Welcome to the future of Razorback football :razorback:

Landonhog

Thanks TRG!

One of Jameel's coaches said he truly liked Arkansas, but OU will be a big hurdle to overcome...  We'll see...  Glad to hear you heard something similar from Jameel... 

Thanks again, for all the hard work...  It's greatly appreciated.  WPS!

whatsshakinbacon

Thanks for the coverage Richard.  I feel better informed on recruiting than I have ever been before. 

Bacon out...

The Recruiting Guy

Quote from: Joe on July 21, 2007, 10:15:55 pm
:razorback: :razorback: :razorback: Thanks TRG, great info tid bits. Any info on Arthur Brown and his brother, Bryce visiting The Hill? +1 :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

They're suppose to be on campus Wednesday. Pick is recruiting them to Arkansas.

The Recruiting Guy

Quote from: Landonhog on July 21, 2007, 10:15:56 pm
Thanks TRG!

One of Jameel's coaches said he truly liked Arkansas, but OU will be a big hurdle to overcome...  We'll see...  Glad to hear you heard something similar from Jameel... 

Thanks again, for all the hard work...  It's greatly appreciated.  WPS!

I asked Jameel about him being a Oklahoma lock and he had denied it but I would say OU will be tough to beat. I'll have an interview up with him tommorrow.

Lanlord

You are THE man Richard.  Thanks for sharing with us.

1longshot

richard you are simply the best

slopinhogs

Thanks for the tid bits Richard your hard work is appreciated . :razorback:
win lose or tie i'll call the hogs till i die

The Recruiting Guy

A couple of other things. TE Andrew Ellison ran the 40 in 4.75. He looks very good physically but he wasn't pleased with his time. I have an interview with him for tommorrow.

Greg Childs ran a 4.77 while I was watching. I was told he came back with a 4.67 but I was off talking to someone else at the time.

DE Eric Mebane looked good in drills. I'm hearing Arkansas is picking up their interest in Eric. Eric is a teammate of Kip Edwards. I met Eric's dad and we talked awhile. Very nice man

Littlehog AR

Man we NEED JW!!  I can see him in a Peacry Harvin type roll on this team. He can do alot of different things VERY well.

Hawgballz

Quote from: Richard Davenport on July 21, 2007, 10:37:13 pm
Quote from: Joe on July 21, 2007, 10:15:55 pm

They're suppose to be on campus Wednesday. Pick is recruiting them to Arkansas.

If Pick can get any of that group to join the Hogs, then Pick will be our most important recruit this year.
Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!

leavenworth1

I love Chris Vaughan's impact on our program.  He is obviously a monster recruiter.  Thanks for the great info Richard. 

jr

Great job RD, if it is true you are going to the ADG, I will start subscribing again. As Fox says you are about to enter the no spin zone man I really appreciate your reporting.

hogsmaster

JW is a beast.  Not sure which position he will play in college but his blazing speed and athleticism should allow him to be a heck of a NFL CB.

jackflash

What does this do for Mr Childs recruiting, will it hurt his chances for a scholarship?

Wu Tang Clan

Quote from: jackflash on July 22, 2007, 09:52:37 am
What does this do for Mr Childs recruiting, will it hurt his chances for a scholarship?

That is probably about as fast as Monk was when he first entered the college ranks.  Greg Childs still has many other intangible skills that will lead to schools continuing to pursue him.  He blocks better than any other reciever at Warren, and he can still play TE or DE on the next level. 

razorhoggs

Congrats RD! Question what is going on with the big DT's we are pursuing?

Hollywood_HOGan45

Quote from: razorhoggs on July 22, 2007, 12:17:01 pm
Congrats RD! Question what is going on with the big DT's we are pursuing?

was about to ask the same thing

what about Stacy McGee and Tony Gillispie?

staffhog

Great report, TRG.  I know  someday, your name will be in lights.  For now, we all appreciate your knack for getting in on the ground floor.  Good work.