Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

BREAKING NEWS: Khiry Battle Commits

Started by jbhicks, July 20, 2007, 09:23:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jbhicks

July 20, 2007, 09:23:51 pm Last Edit: July 21, 2007, 03:34:30 am by jbhicks
I am still trying to get an official word, but I have heard from two sources that Khiry Battle (Dacula, GA 3* safety---6'1, 205, 4.55) is the newest member of the Hogs 2008 class. I will let you know when it becomes official. This could be good news for the Hogs. He currently holds offers from Mississippi State, Ole Miss, Michigan State, Minnesota, Indiana, NC State, Kentucky, Virginia, and others. Khiry was on campus last Tuesday for an official visit. Earlier this week he named us, UK, and UCF as his Top 3.

If this holds true, welcome to the family, Khiry.

A link to his profile is below:

http://arkansas.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=58950&sport=1

Youtube video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12wfjxLIWUs

Littlehog AR

pioneerhog

Richard where are you? Make the call and confirm this for us.   ;D

claytongray

jbhicks

July 20, 2007, 09:37:11 pm #4 Last Edit: July 20, 2007, 09:43:53 pm by jbhicks
Word is spreading. I now see a similar chain on two other boards. Again, myself or Richard will confirm when it becomes OFFICIAL.

jbhicks

Well, gentlemen. Scout.com now has him committed, and an article on the front page. Great news for the Hogs. Hopefully we will pick up Guy and Okpara in the next week, and that will be a very solid start to our DB recruiting. Woo Pig Sooie!  :razorback:

The Recruiting Guy

Quote from: pioneerhog on July 20, 2007, 09:31:35 pm

Just got off the phone with Khiry. I'll have the interview up shortly.

pioneerhog

Quote from: Richard Davenport on July 20, 2007, 09:47:57 pm
Quote from: pioneerhog on July 20, 2007, 09:31:35 pm

Just got off the phone with Khiry. I'll have the interview up shortly.
I am assuming that it is good news. Welcome to the Hog family Khiry.

The Coletrain

Great news, fellas!!  This could be the first of an excellent group of DBs in this class.  Welcome to the program, Khiry!!
Razorbacks, Cardinals, and Cowboys!!  A 30+ year addiction.

0515hv

Man, that is awesome.  Sounds like a great recruit.

razorbackfan4life

HELL YES!!!  Love the highlight real!!!

Mr. Perfect

Looks like Nutt may have a great year recruiting.

The Recruiting Guy

Quote from: Mr. Perfect on July 20, 2007, 11:01:29 pm
Looks like Nutt may have a great year recruiting.

Definitely looking that way.

0515hv

Richard,
Would you happen to know the recruits that Danny Nutt helped to pull in for the 08 class?  Or do they even break it down by which coach recruited who?

big john

by god this is great new,s thanks guys for posting this he,s a monster an a hiter to my goodness thanks agian guys jbhick you are on the ball thank you . ;D
john goodwin

Tomhog™

This is awesome news.  I've had my head in the sand as far as recruiting the past 24 hours and this totally surprises me.  I figured we'd get 2 or so commitments this weekend, but he wasn't one of them I had in mind. 

hogsmaster

Hard hitting safety is always nice.  We need to get a couple more cornerbacks.

hawgwash

Quote from: Tomcat on July 21, 2007, 09:28:45 am
This is awesome news.  I've had my head in the sand as far as recruiting the past 24 hours and this totally surprises me.  I figured we'd get 2 or so commitments this weekend, but he wasn't one of them I had in mind. 
That's ok Tomcat.  The Democrat Gazette still didn't have anything about it in this morning's paper.

Eric Cartman

Quote from: hogsmaster on July 21, 2007, 09:49:01 am
Hard hitting safety is always nice.  We need to get a couple more cornerbacks.

that looks like a strong possibility by the end of next week.

"You're breaking my balls."   "Wuteva, I do what I want!"   "Sweeeeeet!"   "Lame"   "Weak"
"You guys, You guys!" (Excited by something he has found) "I will kick you squah in the nuts!"

cubbie

In the video looks like he has a nasty streak. I like that in a safety.
If you were a Hotdog would you eat yourself? I know I would.

thahawg

Quote from: cubbie on July 21, 2007, 10:06:31 am
In the video looks like he has a nasty streak. I like that in a safety.

Long as it doesn't turn into penalties.

tbhogfan

This is great news.  I like having an intimidator at safety.
Go Hogs!

cdohogfan

stlchiroHOG

Quote from: Tomcat on July 21, 2007, 09:28:45 am

im thinking that we'll get more...fingers crossed, im surprised this year is going so well

Realist

I think we will be surprised to see how many of our recruits get a boost in their rankings after this year, we def have more than 2 four stars committed.

ntubjr

Arthur Brown and his brother will visit this week

piggingout

He seems to be very atheletic and have a mean streak in him...kind of reminds me of Ken Hamlin.  I love those big safeties like him.  Welcome to the family!

Realist

TX HOG

slopinhogs

welcome,welcome,welcome it's always good for folks to know that you have a monster at safety that will dislocate your joints when he hits you welcome aboard woo pig soooooiieeeee :razorback:
win lose or tie i'll call the hogs till i die

beansandtaters

He really looks like a great fit for our D. Of course, all Ds can use a ball-hawking, hard hitting safety. He looks like the kind of player that can be the next big safety at AR.

Hawgballz

Quote from: donewithdale on July 21, 2007, 05:32:28 pm
Quote from: jbhicks on July 20, 2007, 09:23:51 pm
I am still trying to get an official word, but I have heard from two sources that Khiry Battle (Dacula, GA 3* safety---6'1, 205, 4.55) is the newest member of the Hogs 2008 class. I will let you know when it becomes official. This could be good news for the Hogs. He currently holds offers from Mississippi State, Ole Miss, Michigan State, Minnesota, Indiana, NC State, Kentucky, Virginia, and others. Khiry was on campus last Tuesday for an official visit. Earlier this week he named us, UK, and UCF as his Top 3.

Youtube video:

Any football schools recruiting him?

Just can't stand for any good news for the hogs, can you?
Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!

Littlehog AR

Quote from: Hawgballz on July 21, 2007, 05:56:47 pm

Youtube video:

the answer is:

NO!!!

ilovepinebluff

Quote from: donewithdale on July 21, 2007, 06:01:01 pm
Quote from: Littlehog AR on July 21, 2007, 05:57:35 pm

Youtube video:

the answer is:

NO!!!

I smell smoke.  It must be blowing through Hogville right now.  I think someone needs to stop.

Like he said, he is a 3*. Im sure a lot of BCS conference teams are recruiting him.

Littlehog AR

Youtube video:

the answer is:

NO!!!

I smell smoke.  It must be blowing through Hogville right now.  I think someone needs to stop.
Well here's where I am at with this. Anytime we can get a big safety that's a heavy hitter let's be happy and welcome him. I think that JB is doing a GREAT job and I don't think he's blowing smoke anywhere.... Let's just be very happy. Most everybody who has seen his highlight video has been very impressed and wanted him. So, Let's celebrate!!

ilovepinebluff

Also, we are now #18 in the recruiting rankings.(rivals)

NAYHog

Youtube video:

the answer is:

NO!!!

Just trying to get a little clarification on how good this news is.  If we expect to beat the better teams in the SEC it might help to actually get recruits they or other successful BCS conference programs want.

He is a 3* safety who holds offers from at least 9 BCS conference schools, I would think that would satisfy some of your subjective needs, but more than that we have had very good success with young men that Rocker has recruited from Georgia so I am comfortable that the coaches got an individual that they feel can help Arkansas get where we all want them to be.  Being negative just to be negative is not as "in style" as you seem to think.  Just curious, have you watched this kid's film at all as he played RB & SS in high school and can really lay some licks or did you just see good news and decide to be negative.

Littlehog AR

Kentucky,Michigan State, Ole Miss, Mississippi State, NC State, Georgia Tech. That's what I found as far as his other offers. It looks like a pretty good list to me.

grkhog

Quote from: NAYHog on July 21, 2007, 06:10:50 pm

Youtube video:

the answer is:

NO!!!

Just trying to get a little clarification on how good this news is.  If we expect to beat the better teams in the SEC it might help to actually get recruits they or other successful BCS conference programs want.

He is a 3* safety who holds offers from at least 9 BCS conference schools, I would think that would satisfy some of your subjective needs, but more than that we have had very good success with young men that Rocker has recruited from Georgia so I am comfortable that the coaches got an individual that they feel can help Arkansas get where we all want them to be.  Being negative just to be negative is not as "in style" as you seem to think.  Just curious, have you watched this kid's film at all as he played RB & SS in high school and can really lay some licks or did you just see good news and decide to be negative.
OK with Rocker=OK with me.

big john

man he will take your head off , very fast to wow ;D
john goodwin

huntsducks

Nice highlight reel. GREAT pickup for the Hogs!
Quote from: LA HAWG on January 18, 2007, 08:00:42 AM
No BCS Bowl Games.
No SEC Championships.
1 10 win season.
2-5 in bowl games.
0-2 in SECCG.

How many times do we need to post this stuff?