Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Tight End/H-Back Prospect to Be at Camp

Started by jbhicks, July 19, 2007, 09:41:55 am

Previous topic - Next topic

jbhicks

July 19, 2007, 09:41:55 am Last Edit: July 19, 2007, 11:58:25 am by jbhicks
Andrew Ellison, from College Station A&M Consolidated, will be at camp this weekend. He is currently only rated as a 2*, but that should change with a big season. He is 6'2, 232 pounds, and runs a 4.49 40 yard dash. I really like his size and speed. Last year, he only had 83 yards and 2 touchdowns on two receptions (2 touchdowns on 2 touches!). His team had 3 WRs and 2 RBs go DI last year, so he didn't get much attention on the offense, but that should change this year. He has offers from Texas Tech, Tulsa, SMU, and Houston. He says Arkansas is his number one right now. If he does well at camp this weekend, look for him to get an offer, and probably commit soon thereafter.

From Rivals:

"I would say Arkansas is No. 1 right now," Ellison said. "They are my favorite and if they offer that would make a big difference, too."

neahogfan180

I wonder if he can play defense, I figure he could easily carry 245 pounds and still run a 4.5.  Wouldn't you love to have a 6'2, 245 linebacker who ran a 4.5?

jhudson84

I just interviewed Andrew, he will be playing LB this year, said noone played both ways last season but they dont have many returning players so this year they must.  His coach said most schools are recruiting him as an athlete.