Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dee Williams gone from Butler

Started by jhudson84, July 19, 2007, 09:30:54 am

Previous topic - Next topic

jhudson84

I emailed Coach Morrell yesterday concerning a couple of his players.  He got back to me this morning and regarding Dee Williams he said that Dee is no longer a part of their team. 

Boner

I guess it was either:

a) grades

b) there was a disagreement over whether he'd go to Arkansas or not.

I imagine it was b), but have no inside info whatsoever.  Wonder if he'll find a place to go in the fall.  If not, he won't be attending Arkansas, Tulsa, or anywhere next year.

jb11

He definitely won't be going to Arkansas now if he goes to another JC.  I believe the SEC has a rule against accepting players that go to more than one.  Correct me if I am wrong.

jbhicks

July 19, 2007, 10:35:21 am #3 Last Edit: July 19, 2007, 12:05:42 pm by jbhicks
The SEC does have a rule that a guy cannot go to two JUCOs before signing with a school in the conference. Guess Dee is no longer an option for us. It's a shame it had to work out like it did, but I like our chances of landing a few stud WRs that will have more years of eligibility and are just as good (Wright, Adams, Owens, Childs, Tolliver, Cooper, and some others).

Tomhog™

Quote from: jhudson84 on July 19, 2007, 09:30:54 am
I emailed Coach Morrell yesterday concerning a couple of his players.  He got back to me this morning and regarding Dee Williams he said that Dee is no longer a part of their team. 

That's disasterous as far as ever hoping he dons a Razorback uni.  One can only speculate as to why...

Hawgballz

Quote from: Boner on July 19, 2007, 10:05:16 am
I guess it was either:

a) grades

I imagine it was b), but have no inside info whatsoever.  Wonder if he'll find a place to go in the fall.  If not, he won't be attending Arkansas, Tulsa, or anywhere next year.

In January of 2006, right after Williams was offered by the Hogs and before he committed, I talked with an administrator at Ashdown high school and while he tried to be very complimentary of Williams he said that Dee did not have the grades to make it to the hill and would be going the JC route then no matter which school he committed to and he also stated that he doubted that Williams would ever have the interest in his grades enough to make it in any D1 school.  This person believed it was a real lack of interest in academics that would keep him from reaching his potential and given what we know now, I would say that his prediction has proven to be at least mostly right so far.  Oh BTW, I have never heard of a JC coach cutting anyone for not choosing the school they wanted them to, that is a fairly ridiculous scenario.
Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!

JackJohnson

A player can go to as many JC's as he wants, HOWEVER they have to be at one for at least 3 consecutive semesters to enroll at an SEC school.  Needless to say, if this report is true, Dee is going to Tulsa

Boner

Quote from: Hawgballz on July 19, 2007, 12:25:53 pm
I guess it was either:

a) grades

In January of 2006, right after Williams was offered by the Hogs and before he committed, I talked with an administrator at Ashdown high school and while he tried to be very complimentary of Williams he said that Dee did not have the grades to make it to the hill and would be going the JC route then no matter which school he committed to and he also stated that he doubted that Williams would ever have the interest in his grades enough to make it in any D1 school.  This person believed it was a real lack of interest in academics that would keep him from reaching his potential and given what we know now, I would say that his prediction has proven to be at least mostly right so far.  Oh BTW, I have never heard of a JC coach cutting anyone for not choosing the school they wanted them to, that is a fairly ridiculous scenario.

Not saying he cut him, but Dee was placed at Butler by Arkansas.  The coach at Butler is under a lot of pressure to deliver Dee to Arkansas two years later.  Right or wrong, that's how these situations work.  If he doesn't, he loses credibility with D-1 coaches.  They expect their previously committed players to re-commit when the time comes.

Maybe jhudson can elaborate as he talked to the coach, but I imagine the coach isn't very happy with Dee and isn't very happy with whoever recruited him at Tulsa.

311Hog

I guess it was either:

a) grades

Like Ashdown public school is a bastion of higher learning.

Hawgballz

Quote from: Boner on July 19, 2007, 01:50:13 pm
I guess it was either:

a) grades

Not saying he cut him, but Dee was placed at Butler by Arkansas.  The coach at Butler is under a lot of pressure to deliver Dee to Arkansas two years later.  Right or wrong, that's how these situations work.  If he doesn't, he loses credibility with D-1 coaches.  They expect their previously committed players to re-commit when the time comes.

Maybe jhudson can elaborate as he talked to the coach, but I imagine the coach isn't very happy with Dee and isn't very happy with whoever recruited him at Tulsa.

Yes, JC coaches strongly encourage players to stick with who placed them, but remove a player from their team because of it.  I am not buying that.
Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!

Boner

Quote from: Hawgballz on July 19, 2007, 02:13:42 pm
Quote from: Boner on July 19, 2007, 01:50:13 pm
I guess it was either:

a) grades

Yes, JC coaches strongly encourage players to stick with who placed them, but remove a player from their team because of it.  I am not buying that.

I wouldn't buy that either.  But argue and disagree to the point where Dee didn't want to be there anymore.  Maybe.

Its all specualtion, I'm just thinking out loud.

TMc

I bet Dee will not get into Tulsa as well.  Probably will never hear from him again.

Harrisonhogfan

Sounds like he would be a waste of a scollie anyway. Let use it on a kids that will use it for a education.

hogsmaster

This situation is getting worst for the Hogs.  Good thing the state is loaded with top-notch WR this year.

Bomis Hawg

Well, Arkansas can get an in-state WR who'll be a frosh.  That makes things a little better, but it would've been nice to get Dee.  Maybe Stockemer will get an offer.

jackflash

I just hope the kid, gets his grades and goes to school somewhere. Hope he does waste his ability to get a education.

jackflash

meant to say he doesn't waste his ability to get a education.

PigWig

Its a shame to see players like this. All sorts of talent, wasted.

The_Champ

I'm not bashing a player but when I watched him play I didn't think he was great... I thought there were better skilled athletes on the field that night besides him. He does has great size though.

1 more scholarship for the Warren kids.

"oƃ sƃoɥ oƃ ¡ǝıooos ƃıd oooʍ

"If I could rest anywhere, it would be in Arkansas, where the men are of the real half-horse, half-alligator breed such as grows nowhere else on the face of the universal earth."

It's not about the Xs and Os; it's about the Jimmys and the Joes.

Razorback Homer

http://www6.lexisnexis.com/publisher/EndUser?Action=UserDisplayFullDocument&orgId=574&topicId=100021407&docId=l:638072476&start=23

"I need to focus on my school work before I get into all that," Williams said. "I've got some math classes I need to worry about. If I take care of the academics, the football will take care of itself." Academic issues kept Williams from joining the Razorbacks last season as a freshman. He said he is still working toward meeting eligibility requirements at Arkansas, but has met the standards to enroll at Tulsa.

Does that statement mean that he could get into Tulsa this year instead of waiting to graduate from Butler?
"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

PigPusher

unfortunately this kind of thing happens way too much. I would bet that when he was in middle and high school he got by with a very minimal effort.  If you are good on that level everyone will protect you. Know this for a fact.
A loyal and proud Hogville Hog since 07-01-2003 "pushing" our hogs: And a loyal Razorback fan since 1954.