Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Former Arkansas High School Player Pledges to U of Houston

Started by jbhicks, July 18, 2007, 09:59:05 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jbhicks

Antonio Staten, who is originally from Arkansas but now plays at Dodge City (KS) Community College, committed to the University of Houston today. Staten is a 6'1, 215 pound safety who runs a 4.5 40. He will graduate in December and have 3 years to play 3. Good luck to Antonio.

CarolinaHog1176

July 18, 2007, 10:40:03 pm #1 Last Edit: July 18, 2007, 10:43:37 pm by CarolinaHog1176
Quote from: jbhicks on July 18, 2007, 09:59:05 pm
Antonio Staten, who is originally from Arkansas but now plays at Dodge City (KS) Community College, committed to the University of Houston today. Staten is a 6'1, 215 pound safety who runs a 4.5 40. He will graduate in December and have 3 years to play 3. Good luck to Antonio.

good for him.  looks like tyrell graham is still down there... #43 on their spring roster 6'3" 225... looks like he's put on some weight
WOOOOO PIG SOOIE

tbhogfan

My wife is from Garden City KS, about 50 miles north of Dodge City.  One thing I can tell you for sure is that any kid who has been in Dodge City has had plenty of time to focus on football :) 

Congrats to Antonio on the chance to play at UH.
Go Hogs!

ntubjr

Hawgzilla

Quote from: jbhicks on July 18, 2007, 09:59:05 pm

Not sure if it's the same guy,but we had a safety here at Texarkana with the same name.so that would be my guess...........

Bomis Hawg

Houston, I believe, has like 5 former D1 players that have transfered from like Baylor, Arkansas, and others that will play this year (including Tyrell Graham).

I don't remember Staten.  Good to see him land somewhere AND graduate from JC (early, even) and be able to play.