Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Joe Adams Will Not Be At Camp This Weekend

Started by jbhicks, July 18, 2007, 09:58:33 am

Previous topic - Next topic

jbhicks

July 18, 2007, 09:58:33 am Last Edit: July 18, 2007, 10:58:02 am by jbhicks
The article still sounds positive about Arkansas, but I was really hoping he would be at camp this weekend. It is not good that he and his family will see Florida, Georgia, and maybe LSU as opposed to being on The Hill. This is not looking good for us, IMO.

From Rivals:

Rivals250 wide receiver Joe Adams will be heading east this weekend to visit a couple SEC programs. The Little Rock (Ark.) playmaker is trying to narrow his list down and some key visits will take place this weekend. One visit is to Athens and that could make it or break it for UGA.

bcdrules

Hollywood_HOGan45

Quote from: Tomcat on July 18, 2007, 10:50:00 am
This does not bode well for Arkansas' chances to me...

when you dont have a balanced offense, i expect good wideouts from within the state to look elsewhere.

Hollywood_HOGan45

Quote from: Tomcat on July 18, 2007, 10:58:35 am
Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on July 18, 2007, 10:53:33 am
Quote from: Tomcat on July 18, 2007, 10:50:00 am
This does not bode well for Arkansas' chances to me...

when you dont have a balanced offense, i expect good wideouts from within the state to look elsewhere.

They will have to prove it on the field this year...

yep
thats one major disadvantage we've had in recruiting wideouts. We got a slew of wideouts a couple years ago because of Gus Malzhan and the possibility of throwing the football more.

But most good wideouts don't want to go to college to block for running backs.

badbrad

beansandtaters

Not good to lose the state's top recruit two years in a row...

notreseveredname

BustinANutt

Quote from: beansandtaters on July 18, 2007, 01:34:08 pm

However, it would have been good to lose the top player three years in a row. Just kidding. I thought Curtis had the highest ranking of any recruit in Arkansas. I may be wrong though. 

BustinANutt

Just checked and both J.Adams and Curtis are rated 5.9 prospects

Wu Tang Clan

Losing Joe is not that big of a deal if Arkansas lands Jarius Wright.  If they lose, both then it would really be bad.  I think Joe is guaranteed to go elsewhere, but I don't have any type of inside information on Joe Adams. 

HoopHog

NOTE:  It was at this time when Slick Shelley decided not to attend camp at Arkansas and the coaches put the thumb screws to him.  The relationship floundered from that point forward.  Let's see how this one progresses from this point forward.  Hopefully, Adams will be handled differently!

colt-45

With him wanting to narrow his list soon, could this not mean that he is trying to eliminate some of these other schools? He said on that interview the other day he would "always keep arkansas in the picture". Not saying this is good news but if hopefully he is just looking to take a few visits before he eliminates some schools and i'm sure he has been to the hill before.

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: colt-45 on July 18, 2007, 03:28:53 pm
With him wanting to narrow his list soon, could this not mean that he is trying to eliminate some of these other schools? He said on that interview the other day he would "always keep arkansas in the picture". Not saying this is good news but if hopefully he is just looking to take a few visits before he eliminates some schools and i'm sure he has been to the hill before.

He is waiting to see if we have a passing game or not ....
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Hollywood_HOGan45

Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on July 18, 2007, 03:41:01 pm
Quote from: colt-45 on July 18, 2007, 03:28:53 pm

He is waiting to see if we have a passing game or not ....

going by that, he wants to go to Arkansas if we actually utilize the forward pass.

Would love to see us check down to the slot receiver like we did in the Stoerner days

beansandtaters

Quote from: Wu Tang Clan on July 18, 2007, 02:50:40 pm

Losing Joe is not that big of a deal if Arkansas lands Jarius Wright.  If they lose, both then it would really be bad.  I think Joe is guaranteed to go elsewhere, but I don't have any type of inside information on Joe Adams. 

I was hoping we land both with one playing WR and one playing CB. Of course, we don't really have needs for CB or anything  ???

TheHogFan

Quote from: HoopHog on July 18, 2007, 03:21:00 pm
NOTE:  It was at this time when Slick Shelley decided not to attend camp at Arkansas and the coaches put the thumb screws to him.  The relationship floundered from that point forward.  Let's see how this one progresses from this point forward.  Hopefully, Adams will be handled differently!
That is actually not true. Shelly had an offer until the month before signing day, then they finally decided to move on.

TMc

The truth is .. he has never really wanted to go to Arkansas.. regardless if they threw the football or not.  He is not going to break our program.. Good luck to him.. If he comes - great.

ntubjr

JW is scheduled to be at camp as is Pick

jpenrod1

Losing Joe would be very bad no matter what. I think Wright softes the blow but Adams is a need. He is the most talented player in the state. I have talked to people and they tell me that when Adams says everyone is still in it that is true. he has no list or favorites. Pretty much all BCS schools have a chance at him right now.

Wu Tang Clan

Quote from: jpenrod1 on July 18, 2007, 05:39:39 pm

Losing Joe would be very bad no matter what. I think Wright softes the blow but Adams is a need. He is the most talented player in the state. I have talked to people and they tell me that when Adams says everyone is still in it that is true. he has no list or favorites. Pretty much all BCS schools have a chance at him right now.

Joe is only one man witnessed by the 47-0 beating that Warren put on CAC last year.  It is not that big of a deal if he goes out of state, if Arkansas lands Wright, or Childs. 

beansandtaters

Quote from: Wu Tang Clan on July 18, 2007, 05:45:22 pm

Joe is only one man witnessed by the 47-0 beating that Warren put on CAC last year.  It is not that big of a deal if he goes out of state, if Arkansas lands Wright, or Childs. 

Gotta disagree with you bud. Depth is the key to being a major player in the big leagues and anytime you have someone this talented in your own backyard, someone who can be all-sec on offense or defense and possibly play a little of both, you have got to reign him in. It's a very big deal to lose your top in-state recruits when your team is not really good at recruiting out of state.  Texas fans would be all over Mack Brown for losing so many of thier top players to OK this year if they didn't know they can pull 4 and 5 stars from all over the country.

imtad16

Yeah that article didn't sound good for us at all... he barely mentions us... sounds like he just wants to get away. I hope thats not that case though because he is the recruit I want the most... Anybody with any information on him?

Porkahontas

I've heard JA really, REALLY likes Southern Cal. Seems Pete already has a pipeline established to Arkansas so it wouldn't shock me a bit to see Adams as a Trojan someday...

Spaulding

for what it's worth.  HDN and Staff apparently made the right call with Shelly.  By all accounts, he is not fast enough for the SEC.

Hogstocking

July 20, 2007, 11:59:29 pm #26 Last Edit: July 21, 2007, 12:07:32 am by Hogstocking
Quote from: beansandtaters on July 18, 2007, 07:29:56 pm

Texas fans would be all over Mack Brown for losing so many of thier top players to OK this year if they didn't know they can pull 4 and 5 stars from all over the country.

The Longwhorns rarely recruit outside of Texas, they dont need to.  Their past 5 classes (including the current 08 class) they signed a total of 6 out of staters, so they're signing about 1 out of state prospect a year.  And fans have been on Brown, especially for his QB recruiting. 

Brown hasn't landed the top rated QB out of texas since Vince Young in 2002.   The top 6 QBs in Texas the past 2 years (Luck, Dorman, Doege, Mallett, Jarrett, Mansion) all went elsewhere as have  Matthew Stafford, Rhett Bomar, Drew Tate, James Battle etc.....the list goes on and on.  Florida 4 star QB John Brantely decommited from Texas and went to UF last year.  Jevan Snead is the only high profile QB Brown has landed since Young 6 years ago.  That's why he has 3 star Colt McCoy as a starter. 

beansandtaters

Quote from: Hogstocking on July 20, 2007, 11:59:29 pm
Quote from: beansandtaters on July 18, 2007, 07:29:56 pm

Texas fans would be all over Mack Brown for losing so many of thier top players to OK this year if they didn't know they can pull 4 and 5 stars from all over the country.

The Longwhorns rarely recruit outside of Texas, they dont need to.  Their past 5 classes (including the current 08 class) they signed a total of 6 out of staters, so they're signing about 1 out of state prospect a year.  And fans have been on Brown, especially for his QB recruiting. 

Brown hasn't landed the top rated QB out of texas since Vince Young in 2002.   The top 6 QBs in Texas the past 2 years (Luck, Dorman, Doege, Mallett, Jarrett, Mansion) all went elsewhere as have  Matthew Stafford, Rhett Bomar, Drew Tate, James Battle etc.....the list goes on and on.  Florida 4 star QB John Brantely decommited from Texas and went to UF last year.  Jevan Snead is the only high profile QB Brown has landed since Young 6 years ago.  That's why he has 3 star Colt McCoy as a starter. 

You completely missed my point. I was contrasting us with TX in that we CAN't afford to lose our top in state players because there are not that many. TX can because there are so many and if they need to they will have no problem going out of state to get who they want. You make a good point that Mack Brown has stayed in TX, but I'm talking about why their fans don't freak out when they lose their top 3 players.  They have 150 in their state to choose from and with their prestige they can go elsewhere and grab stars if they have to. We don't have that luxury.