Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Offensive Linemen

Started by justmaybe, July 17, 2007, 09:34:28 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

justmaybe

Long way before it is over. I am curious as to your thoughts on how the offensive line recruiting is going. To me, here at the front end we look like we are going to put some good guys in the fold at almost every spot. Even Defensive line this year.

Matt Hall is highly regarded and Eoff is highly regarded in the smaller area of Western Arkansas. Who else do you think they have a good chance to get that is really going to be a player at this position? I feel pretty good with 3* guys at this position because it has more to do with work ethic than any other position I think. And unlike many I think Markuson is a really good coach at this spot. It is the area that concerns me the most this year and every year for that matter.

I feel that they will be good this year in time. And next year when we lose Dmac, Hillis, Monk, probably Felix, we will have a pretty experianced and senior laden line coming back with a senior QB.

SoTexHog

Yes, Markuson does a good job.  We routinely lead the SEC in rushing which I, for one, don't think is a bad thing.  Also we do not give up very many sacks per attempt.  I don't know what else you can ask of an O-line.

Tomhog™

Arkansas should have another good year of landing OL.  Seems the OL we are looking at this year have slower 40's than last year.  That might have somewhat of an effect down the road.

tbhogfan

There are some folks who don't care for Markuson as a coach, but I am not amongst them.  Arkansas has committed to the run, and the OL is geared towards run blocking.  For me, it is key to have enough quality depth that you don't have to play an O-lineman as a freshman who is not ready.   Most OL classes are built with the idea that the guys will redshirt, and then develop until they are ready (usually redshirt soph or jr year). 

I'm excited about both Hall and Eoff, and hope that we can add a couple more.
Go Hogs!

Bomis Hawg

Arkansas is putting together a potentially good class of linemen.  Good to see that a focus.
I'm looking forward to the progression of Colin Tucker and Jose Valdez.
That is where we'll see if our in-house program is where it needs to be as far as OL goes.

ntubjr

Brent Hansen of TN,Williams from Tulsa,and Newell from Sprindale are a few OLs coming to camp.A new TE name is Ellison from A and M Consolidated

oldfart

I would love to see us have a program like Nebraska where all incoming OL's redshirt first year, spend second year developing, then have seasoned Jr and Sr linemen. And I would LIKE to see us have the depth so that if the first team left guard went out, the second team left gaurd would step in and so forth, not move the first team right tackle to left guard, the tight end to tackle, etc. like we usually wind up doing.....