Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Here's An Idea for the Tennessee Game

Started by WilsonHog, March 07, 2005, 09:45:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

WilsonHog

Instead of picking the final score, how about we pick the length of time that our patented scoring drought will last?

Biggus Piggus

Tennessee can't play defense, so I'll say five minutes.
[CENSORED]!

Porquemada

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on March 07, 2005, 09:48:05 pm
Tennessee can't play defense, so I'll say five minutes.
Arkansas can't play offense, so I'll say eight minutes. :-\

Porquemada

Tennessee, no defense. Arkansas, inept offense. Can anyone say 13 - 11 halftime score? It's just a matter of time before Arkansas doesn't break double figures in a half. All it would take is one of the patented droughts to start the game or one of their "stand-around" motion offensive implosions and it will happen. :-\

Biggus Piggus

We scored 70 against them at home, made over 40% of our treys.  Also let that no-good guard Chris Lofton score 30.  Man our coaches are stupid.
[CENSORED]!

gatecrasher

if we let Lofton hit us for 30 again we won't escape like we did the other nite!

Lando Calrissian

Quote from: Breems

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haGfGkX-MbA&feature=youtube_gdata

Quote from: HawgBallLvrKentucky would be in the same position right now at #1 even with Pel as their HC.

Quote from: IronHogJohn Stockton wouldn't sniff today's NBA.

Quote from: jacksonpollackEvery time I look around in BWA I get dizzy. It is hard to judge the capacity. During the Auburn game I tried to count all the people in attendance but got lost at around 30,000.

HogInMemphis

What's the line on this game? Are the Hogs favored? If they are, I have to laugh. Tenn will win this by double digits.

Porquemada

Quote from: HogInMemphis on March 07, 2005, 11:08:22 pm
What's the line on this game? Are the Hogs favored? If they are, I have to laugh. Tenn will win this by double digits.
It's a men's game, not women's. The only team from Knoxville playing after Thursday will be the UT women. :D    Tennessee men's basketball program would take the prize for Most Underachieving Program in the SEC. Everybody has had their "Magic Season" in the last fifteen years except Tennessee.

HogInMemphis

Quote from: Pork'n Beans on March 07, 2005, 11:16:43 pm
It's a men's game, not women's. The only team from Knoxville playing after Thursday will be the UT women. :D    Tennessee men's basketball program would take the prize for Most Underachieving Program in the SEC. Everybody has had their "Magic Season" in the last fifteen years except Tennessee.

You lost me with your attempt at comedy.

What are you trying to say that makes sense, in reply to my post?

WindyCityHog

Per Vegas.com, there is no line for the game yet....I'm hearing tomorrow the lines for all the big conference tourneys will be out...

Porquemada

Quote from: HogInMemphis on March 07, 2005, 11:22:29 pm

Tennessee's men's program is the worst program in the SEC. The only team from Knoxville that will be playing after Thursday will be the Tennessee women's team. Tennessee is the ONLY program in the SEC who hasn't made even a peep in the NCAAT in the last fifteen years. In short, Arkansas wins Thursday.

HogInMemphis

Quote from: Pork'n Beans on March 07, 2005, 11:30:58 pm

Tennessee's men's program is the worst program in the SEC. The only team from Knoxville that will be playing after Thursday will be the Tennessee women's team. Tennessee is the ONLY program in the SEC who hasn't made even a peep in the NCAAT in the last fifteen years. In short, Arkansas wins Thursday.

Ok. I beg to differ. We didn't exactly destroy them in BWA, did we?  And this is a road game for the Hogs.

Porquemada

Not that I would take Arkansas and give up points. I'm not that confident.

Porquemada

March 07, 2005, 11:38:21 pm #14 Last Edit: March 08, 2005, 04:52:27 pm by Pork'n Beans
Quote from: HogInMemphis on March 07, 2005, 11:31:55 pm
Quote from: Pork'n Beans on March 07, 2005, 11:30:58 pm

Ok. I beg to differ. We didn't exactly destroy them in BWA, did we?  And this is a road game for the Hogs.
After watching the epic collapse at Auburn (a team they destroyed earlier), you're probably right.

UKhog1

Jim Harris

If Arkansas takes a double-digit dive to those losers in the first game of the SEC Tournament, without even so much as a whimper (re: Anderson's last game in 2002 against UT), then Heath should be fired immediately after the game. Any loser who is whining and wants to transfer can be given their walking papers too. There are plenty of people I know from here who've been making this trip to the tourney for years, spending a lot of hard-earned cash in Hotlanta, who shouldn't have to go over there to see embarassment. If these guys can't be Razorbacks and play like Razorbacks, they don't need to be Razorbacks anymore. That's from the coaching staff on down.
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

gatecrasher

Quote from: drakehog on March 08, 2005, 06:12:52 am

If Arkansas takes a double-digit dive to those losers in the first game of the SEC Tournament, without even so much as a whimper (re: Anderson's last game in 2002 against UT), then Heath should be fired immediately after the game. Any loser who is whining and wants to transfer can be given their walking papers too. There are plenty of people I know from here who've been making this trip to the tourney for years, spending a lot of hard-earned cash in Hotlanta, who shouldn't have to go over there to see embarassment. If these guys can't be Razorbacks and play like Razorbacks, they don't need to be Razorbacks anymore. That's from the coaching staff on down.
well channel 5 in Ft Smith reported that a meeting of the U of A Board of Trustees would take place at the SEC Tournament.  Anyone wanna take a guess as to why they would want to convene at the SEC Tournament?  Right...word from them is that if Heath loses the 1st round game against UT, that his a$$ is gone.  Stay tuned!

Jim Harris

Quote from: gatecrasherfan on March 08, 2005, 06:27:02 am
Quote from: drakehog on March 08, 2005, 06:12:52 am

well channel 5 in Ft Smith reported that a meeting of the U of A Board of Trustees would take place at the SEC Tournament. Anyone wanna take a guess as to why they would want to convene at the SEC Tournament? Right...word from them is that if Heath loses the 1st round game against UT, that his a$$ is gone. Stay tuned!

read my post on another thread, but if three or more members of the Board are going to be in the same place, such as sitting in section 104 together at the Georgia Dome, this has to be officially announced. It's protocol. It may sound stupid, but it's all about Freedom of Information laws and notifying the media that 3 or more members of the board will be together. At least six board members and their spouses are going to be at the games.
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

artyhog

One thing that you have not thought about.  With the new APR, any player that leaves will hurt the team for years to come.

This is the NCAA Academic Progress Report.  If a player leaves early then it could cost the University Schollys for the sport that the player left.

You can rationalize all you want about players staying or leaving, but, the bottom line is that if a player leaves the BB Hogs will loose.

Jim Harris

Quote from: artyhog on March 08, 2005, 07:51:01 am
One thing that you have not thought about. With the new APR, any player that leaves will hurt the team for years to come.

This is the NCAA Academic Progress Report. If a player leaves early then it could cost the University Schollys for the sport that the player left.

You can rationalize all you want about players staying or leaving, but, the bottom line is that if a player leaves the BB Hogs will loose.

it will only hurt the APR number significantly, according to all the stories reports so far, when a player leaves who was also academically ineligible.

Theolesnort

I guess that we may find out how the players really feel about their coach by the effort they put out in this game. Stay tuned.
There's Nuttin in the world worth a solitary dime cept Old dogs and children and watermelon wine.

Amityvillehogger

Quote from: ImHogginIt on March 08, 2005, 12:56:21 am
For the first time in my life I will be rooting for the other team against my Hogs. :'( :'( :'(

TN 74
Hogs 68

6 min scoring drought in the second half.

Why are you posting on this board and rooting against the hogs??
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

Hogger

80-68 Vols

7:47 Scoring drought over last half of the 1st half and the beginning of the 2nd.

hogmary

If it means a coach will be hired for our basketball team, I will be rooting for Tennessee to win.  It pains me to root against the Hogs, especially when they are playing someone in Orange!  But, if it means that the program will be helped, I will have to do it.   I had a former professional player in another sport tell me last year that it was obvious to him that the players neither liked nor respected Heath.  Another head coach told me this earlier this year that he felt sorry for the players because it was obvious that they were not having fun playing. >:(

Lanny

7 minute scoring draught, hogs down in the second half by five or more equals an automatic L.
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

HogInMemphis

Quote from: Amityvillehogger on March 08, 2005, 05:23:21 pm
Quote from: ImHogginIt on March 08, 2005, 12:56:21 am
For the first time in my life I will be rooting for the other team against my Hogs. :'( :'( :'(

TN 74
Hogs 68

6 min scoring drought in the second half.

Why are you posting on this board and rooting against the hogs??

It's called a long term vision as opposed to a short-term one.

Fletch

I hope hogs win and Stan Heath is not fired. I like him. I am frustrated also, but here is how I see the past couple of years in basketball. In simple terms, 0 talent = 0 tournament, small talent = small tournament, big talent = big tournament. Sometimes building is a process. I think we are headed in the right direction and more talent is coming which will put us in the NCAAT.  Hogs 71 Tenn 67

I feel like $100

Fletch

When they were 12-1 and beat Mizz. on the road and played tough against Illinois and beat the crud out of everyone else like they were supposed to, It was hard to find anyone that would say SH can't coach. My opinion is that they got into conference, lost a couple of close ones, got down, and then started bickering we have seen a lot of dissention. I think that happens to a lot of young teams that haven't learned how to win yet. As far as talent and most of it being Heaths I partially agree with you.
I don't really count Ferguson because he was picked up late b/c Heath inherited a team with nobody that could bring the ball down the court. I don't really count Heaths first year at all. He inherited an entire team that had a losing record the year before because of no talent, why would they be any better his first year. To me, and remember this is my opinion, I am not trying to start an argument but I consider his first class being Brewer, Olu, and Hunter. Second class Townes, Thomas, Hill, and Jefferson. Hunter injured so he's out. That leaves six recruits. About 1/2 the team. Olu obviously not the same as before he had major knee surgery. So you have five fully healthy players that you can say Heath wanted on his team and 4 are in their first year of D1 b-ball. 3 are freshmen. I think there is upside to what is here. Everyone knew Steven Hill was raw and would take awhile to adjust. I think Thomas and Townes have huge upside as well. I think jury is still out on next years recruiting class and on Heath. I am willing to give him another year or even 2 if there is big improvement next year until he has a full team of his guys. I don't think Sullivan, Jones or Ferguson would have been offered a scholorship to play for Heath had he been here to recruit early enough.
I feel like $100

Sanctified Swine

I really have been giving heath the benefit of the doubt. I mean.....overtime loss to LSU, 3 pointer to Bama, 1 pointer to KY, 2 pointer to MSU -- dudes going into the final game we were 10 points (5 freaking buckets) from being 10-5 in the conference!!

Then Auburn happened -- I lost my confidence right there

UKhog1

you're right brother i think after seeing that i will give the hogs the benefit of a doubt in the tourney

idochog

A couple of interesting turning points in the year besides all the close games.  I wonder what happens if we dont get screwed at LSU

I also wonder how we might have beat Kentucky had Mike Jones (who was playing well enough to start at the time) had not got hurt and might have been a factor in several other games after that.

If you think about it, we have had several psyche killing events for a bunch of Fr. players this year.
I love Jesus!

hogstorm

Quote from: Sanctified Swine on March 08, 2005, 11:10:33 pm
I really have been giving heath the benefit of the doubt. I mean.....overtime loss to LSU, 3 pointer to Bama, 1 pointer to KY, 2 pointer to MSU -- dudes going into the final game we were 10 points (5 freaking buckets) from being 10-5 in the conference!!

Then Auburn happened -- I lost my confidence right there

There are going to be a lot of close games in the sec..even during the mid 90's there were lots of close games.  The point is that we lost.  Most of those close games we had scoring droughts of several minutes or more, and/or a inability to play defense (remember all the easy layups?).  So it seems to be we do have the talent to be very successfull.  Think about if we didnt have those scoring droughts, or played good defense the entire game.  It just looks like heath cant manage a team very well, he cant manage a game very well (zone defenses), he doesnt manage individual important possessions very well, actually it would be easier to say what he does to well... recruiting (debateable) and the nice guy persona.    we need a change.  Why?  Well think about it.. if somebody like t. smith or r. pitino came in... there wouldnt be much doubt in my mind we would be a top 25 or higher team and play in the ncaa tournament in their first year.  Its also annoying with all the cupcake games we play.  Tubby or Rick or any of the other big names out there wouldnt allow that...  making the season much more exciting, the team tougher, more national exposure and so on

Lando Calrissian

Quote from: hogstormIt just looks like heath cant manage a team very well, he cant manage a game very well (zone defenses)

That is, by far, my biggest complaint with Heath.

This team, even in its wins, has at no point shown any sort of recognizable gameplan.

Not only that, Heath has shown no signs of being capable of making adjustments during the course of the game.

Lets face it, basketball is anything but a methodical game.  You go into a game with Plan A.  Most of the time, a good opponent will adjust to your first plan, which means you go to Plan B.  Eventually they adjust to Plan B, so you move on to Plan C...and so on, so forth.

In a close game, a lot of times, the team that can adjust in fewer possessions (offensively and/or defensively) will win.

I would pay good money to hear what Stan says in those huddles during the course of the game.  Either he has no in-game coaching ability, or his players are just too stupid (basketball-wise) to get the point.  Maybe it's a bit of both.
Quote from: Breems

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haGfGkX-MbA&feature=youtube_gdata

Quote from: HawgBallLvrKentucky would be in the same position right now at #1 even with Pel as their HC.

Quote from: IronHogJohn Stockton wouldn't sniff today's NBA.

Quote from: jacksonpollackEvery time I look around in BWA I get dizzy. It is hard to judge the capacity. During the Auburn game I tried to count all the people in attendance but got lost at around 30,000.