Previous topic - Next topic

TheRazorback500

Losing Lackey and Strop hurts, also.
Do you wanna get Rocked?

hog.goblin

Hopefully everyone can get healthy while maintaining a double digit lead

Good time to be playing the Padres

hog.goblin

Nice win over the Dodgers in 10.  Good start to a tough 10 game stretch against the Dodgers, Pirates, and Giants

TheRazorback500

Nice to come back and take the Giants series. The bullpen has been very effective lately.
Do you wanna get Rocked?

hog.goblin

Magic number is 3

southarkhog06

Quote from: hog.goblin on September 13, 2016, 11:10:07 am
Magic number is 3
how sweet it would be to clinch at Busch.

hog.goblin

Quote from: southarkhog06 on September 13, 2016, 01:10:28 pm
how sweet it would be to clinch at Busch.

Almost, but clinched a playoff spot and the magic number is one with a big 7 - 0 win today

Dropkick

DiamondHogFan

The wife and I decided to make a trip up to Chicago this Saturday for the Cubs/Cardinals game.  This will be my first trip to Wrigley (and Chicago for that matter).  To those that may have been there before, any suggestions on food?  We already have a hotel booked downtown on Michigan Ave.  We are flying in early Saturday and flying out early Sunday so we literally have 24hrs there.

So basically if you had about 6hrs of free time to do sight seeing and eat at one nice restaurant, where would you go?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!  I'm pumped!

Dropkick

Joe's Stone Crab is awesome. If you can't get a table, Eddie V's across the street is very good also.

DiamondHogFan

Quote from: Dropkick on September 20, 2016, 10:09:06 pm
Joe's Stone Crab is awesome. If you can't get a table, Eddie V's across the street is very good also.
Thanks!

southarkhog06

Ok, I think looking ahead we should root for the Mets, I like the thought of facing them after Thor has to throw the WC game than I do facing the Giants, which will just throw Madbum and Cueto till their arms fall off and prolly pull off a miracle.

Also, is it time to worry about Arietta?

hog.goblin

Quote from: southarkhog06 on September 29, 2016, 09:53:51 am
Ok, I think looking ahead we should root for the Mets, I like the thought of facing them after Thor has to throw the WC game than I do facing the Giants, which will just throw Madbum and Cueto till their arms fall off and prolly pull off a miracle.

Also, is it time to worry about Arietta?

I tend to agree, and Jake has has a very average 2nd half, which means a huge drop off.  But he still sprinkling in good games.  Maybe move him to the #2 starter.  Or maybe boost his confidence backup and keep at #1.

southarkhog06

Quote from: hog.goblin on September 29, 2016, 01:14:32 pm
I tend to agree, and Jake has has a very average 2nd half, which means a huge drop off.  But he still sprinkling in good games.  Maybe move him to the #2 starter.  Or maybe boost his confidence backup and keep at #1.
At this point, I think you have to put Lester #1, I may event put Hendricks #2. Lester has been money in the playoffs his whole career, then even if Hendricks has postseason nerves and gets rocked you have Jake in game 3. no team in baseball has a game 3 starter as good as him.

hog.goblin

Quote from: southarkhog06 on September 29, 2016, 01:27:32 pm
At this point, I think you have to put Lester #1, I may event put Hendricks #2. Lester has been money in the playoffs his whole career, then even if Hendricks has postseason nerves and gets rocked you have Jake in game 3. no team in baseball has a game 3 starter as good as him.

It sure feels nice to have those three in a playoff/postseason situations

southarkhog06

Quote from: hog.goblin on September 29, 2016, 01:37:22 pm
It sure feels nice to have those three in a playoff/postseason situations
true, I can't help but wonder when the curse will rear its ugly head though. They cubs give me battered fan syndrome.

southarkhog06

TheRazorback500

Chance to get a real leg up in the series against Samardzija. Probably more offense in today's game. The bats need to come out.
Do you wanna get Rocked?

southarkhog06

Quote from: TheRazorback500 on October 08, 2016, 01:16:47 pm
Chance to get a real leg up in the series against Samardzija. Probably more offense in today's game. The bats need to come out.
if Hendricks doesn't let the moment get too him I like our chances.

TheRazorback500

Travis Wood with a homer in the win. Hendricks left early with a forearm injury. X-rays were negative.
Do you wanna get Rocked?

hog.goblin

Would love to see Jake close this out in 3.  The team is playing well.

hog.goblin

Big Jake goes yard to give the Cubs a 3 - 0 lead.  He's 35-1 the last two years when given a 3-run lead.

Dr. Starcs

southarkhog06

southarkhog06

As a cubs fan I have seen this movie before, prove my cynical self wrong boys.

Dr. Starcs

Sf won't win 3 in a row on em.

southarkhog06

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on October 11, 2016, 09:15:14 am
Sf won't win 3 in a row on em.
my head says that but my jaded heart says, the Giants find some kind of hail Mary to pull it off

SpeedyHog

Quote from: southarkhog06 on October 11, 2016, 10:37:24 am
my head says that but my jaded heart says, the Giants find some kind of hail Mary to pull it off
It is a even year.lol
Call Me Trumpton.

hog.goblin

After 2:00 on a work night is rough, especially when we lose.  I hope we close it out today.  I don't want to see Cueto again.

SpeedyHog

Quote from: hog.goblin on October 11, 2016, 11:42:15 am
After 2:00 on a work night is rough, especially when we lose.  I hope we close it out today.  I don't want to see Cueto again.
I want it to go all five games. I don't care who win's the series.
Call Me Trumpton.

cosmodrum

Quote from: southarkhog06 on October 11, 2016, 10:37:24 am

know what you mean...
Go away, batin'

southarkhog06

Quote from: cosmodrum on October 11, 2016, 11:56:14 am
know what you mean...
being a Cubs fan is not for the faint of heart.

SpeedyHog

Quote from: southarkhog06 on October 11, 2016, 01:28:29 pm

Are all cub fans paranoid? It's Your WS title to win. Nobody gonna beat Y'all in a series.
Call Me Trumpton.

southarkhog06

Quote from: SpeedyHog on October 11, 2016, 02:53:19 pm
Are all cub fans paranoid? It's Your WS title to win. Nobody gonna beat Y'all in a series.
spoken like someone who hasn't followed the cubs very long.

I will concede this, of all the cubs teams I have watched collapse in the past none were as talented or complete as this one. However, baseball in the postseason is random.

SpeedyHog

Quote from: southarkhog06 on October 11, 2016, 03:11:54 pm
spoken like someone who hasn't followed the cubs very long.

I will concede this, of all the cubs teams I have watched collapse in the past none were as talented or complete as this one. However, baseball in the postseason is random.

I'm not a Cubs Fan. I am a Stl Cards Fan. I just want Y'all to get Your World Series championship so Y'all can stop talking about the curse.
Call Me Trumpton.

TheRazorback500

Quote from: southarkhog06 on October 11, 2016, 01:28:29 pm
You got that right.
Do you wanna get Rocked?

southarkhog06

Quote from: SpeedyHog on October 11, 2016, 06:43:18 pm
I'm not a Cubs Fan. I am a Stl Cards Fan. I just want Y'all to get Your World Series championship so Y'all can stop talking about the curse.
well will stop talking about the curse when cards fans stop talking about 2011 everytime the Cubs beat them.

southarkhog06

Seriously how is everything the Giants flail their bat at finding a hole.

SpeedyHog

Quote from: southarkhog06 on October 11, 2016, 08:22:56 pm
well will stop talking about the curse when cards fans stop talking about 2011 everytime the Cubs beat them.
Cards will always be 2006 and 2011 World Series champs. Cubs will never catch the Cards 11 World Series Championships. Second most behind the Yankees. Go Cards.
Call Me Trumpton.

southarkhog06

Quote from: SpeedyHog on October 11, 2016, 08:35:54 pm
Cards will always be 2006 and 2011 World Series champs. Cubs will never catch the Cards 11 World Series Championships. Second most behind the Yankees. Go Cards.
One thing cards and Yankees fans have in common talk about nothing but the past, worse than all these people who are suddenly royals fans.

hog.goblin

Don't understand why Joe pulled Lackey.

hog.goblin

Wow, what a comeback

Quote from: SpeedyHog on October 11, 2016, 06:43:18 pm

As a lifelong Cubs fan I agree.  I want the monkey off my back.

hog.goblin

Quote from: hog.goblin on October 11, 2016, 09:38:01 pm
Don't understand why Joe pulled Lackey.

Bochy made the same mistake pulling Matt Moore.  It cost them the game.

cosmodrum

Quote from: SpeedyHog on October 11, 2016, 02:53:19 pm

Exactly what someone says when they want that team to lose.
Go away, batin'

hog.goblin

Who do the rest of you Cub fans want?  The nationls or dodgers?

I'm leaning dodgers, but I'm not sure there will be much of a difference.  It will be a great NLCS either way.

southarkhog06

Quote from: hog.goblin on October 12, 2016, 09:04:12 am

I'm leaning dodgers, but I'm not sure there will be much of a difference.  It will be a great NLCS either way.
I think we match up better against the nats, either way we are gonna have to learn how to hit starters. Neither of these bullpens will have a 4 run 9th inning meltdown.

hoglady

That was sure a fun game to watch last night.
I couldn't believe it when the Cubs came back and won it - figured this series was headed to Game 5.
Hope the Cubbies win it all this year.
Theo would sure go down in baseball lore if he managed to help the Red Sox and the Cubs break their curses.
That would be an amazing feat for fairly young guy.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

Chitlins

Giants fan here, congrats to the Cubs, you guys whooped us. Good luck!

Dropkick

October 12, 2016, 11:50:44 am #348 Last Edit: October 13, 2016, 03:42:10 pm by Dropkick
Quote from: SpeedyHog on October 11, 2016, 08:35:54 pm
There is a Cardinals thread, I don't see Cub fans over there talking shizzle even though they certainly could this year with their total domination of the Central and the NL. Add that to the fact the Cards missed the playoffs all together.

TheRazorback500

Quote from: hog.goblin on October 12, 2016, 09:04:12 am

Hard to decide. Both teams have notable Cub killers (Jayson Werth for the Nats and Corey Seager for the Dodgers) and as 06 mentioned, solid bullpens.
Do you wanna get Rocked?