Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

SEC Could Go 13-0 on the Night

Started by Adam Stokes, November 10, 2017, 09:00:01 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Adam Stokes

Ole Miss was down a bit at the start of the half but are now up by double digits. The SEC always seems to have a team that loses to a mid-major on opening day, but so long as Vandy and Mizzou can hold off their opponents it should be a clean sweep. #11 West Virginia (A&M), Iowa State (Mizzou leads by 14 at the half) & Memphis (Bama) are all some of the quality teams that went down to an SEC team tonight.

lynbug

I get the feeling that the SEC is going to be a bit tougher this year.  However, I definitely enjoyed our exhibition tonight.

Sow’sEar

This is significant.  Although it's just opening night, when teams in the conference lose to mid-majors, it hurts the conferences RPI, which in turn reduces the number of bids the SEC gets for the dance...  it's a good start for the league...

Adam Stokes

Vandy up by 17 with 3 to go, so that's a wrap. ACC had teams lose to Navy and Georgia Southern. Big 12 lost two games to the SEC. Good start for the conference.

RPI-wise we had a good night as well. Our other future opponents went 5-2 on the night.

Dropkick

hog.goblin

The SEC looks very strong this year.  It will actually be one of the better conferences for the first time in a long time.

hawgrunner

Quote from: hog.goblin on November 10, 2017, 11:18:59 pm
The SEC looks very strong this year.  It will actually be one of the better conferences for the first time in a long time.

^this^

hobhog

Quote from: The ColonelHog on November 11, 2017, 01:42:02 am
I think ESPN has the SEC #2 behind the ACC in a preseason conference ranking poll.  The SEC is going to be brutal this season.  No automatic wins except LSU maybe.

THAT surprises me.....

GuvHog

I have to wonder about Kentucky though. They struggled pretty badly in beating Utah Valley State last night in Lexington.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: GuvHog on November 11, 2017, 08:06:37 am
I have to wonder about Kentucky though. They struggled pretty badly in beating Utah Valley State last night in Lexington.

Doesn't mean much.  Teams have up and down games at the beginning of the season. 
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

GuvHog

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on November 11, 2017, 09:49:53 am
Doesn’t mean much.  Teams have up and down games at the beginning of the season. 

For UK though, that's pretty far down!
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

hog.goblin

Quote from: The ColonelHog on November 11, 2017, 01:42:02 am
I think ESPN has the SEC #2 behind the ACC in a preseason conference ranking poll.  The SEC is going to be brutal this season.  No automatic wins except LSU maybe.

No automatic wins.  Even LSU has a dynamite PG that can make a win difficult.