https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZTTu-4sKTM

Dr. Starcs

That was hard to watch.

What an idiot.

NuttinItUp

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on March 25, 2017, 12:53:29 pm
That was hard to watch.

What an idiot.

Dude definitely has too much "Assassin's Creed" on the brain.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on March 25, 2017, 12:53:29 pm
That was hard to watch.

What an idiot.

It's one thing to do something with a backup just in case something happens. It is more than idiotic to do something without a backup or some sort of safety measure or equipment.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

jkstock04

I read something about this a while back...hanging off buildings and doing stunts on the ledges while filming yourself is becoming a new fad. And no I'm not joking.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

jkstock04

Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Dr. Starcs

Good for them. Less of them we'll have to deal with.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: NuttinItUp on March 25, 2017, 12:30:28 pm
Being a little scared of heights, this video made my skin crawl

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZTTu-4sKTM
Well all I can say is that if for whatever reason he wasn't fully awake before he went "ledge crawling" he had better be in a hurry!!

NuttinItUp

Quote from: jkstock04 on March 25, 2017, 03:21:49 pm
https://www.google.com/amp/www.citylab.com/amp/article/363980/

Gotta love millennials.

Jeebus. I watched the video on that link and went to his YouTube page.

That dude is bat$hit crazy.

Tyro3

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on March 25, 2017, 01:01:47 pm
It's one thing to do something with a backup just in case something happens. It is more than idiotic to do something without a backup or some sort of safety measure or equipment.

Thinking of safety equipment, we just returned from a trip to Hawaii, and they were working on the roof of one of the buildings at the resort, all were using ropes tied to a harness (sounds good) the problem was if they had fallen off,  the ropes were so long they would have hit the ground and had at least ten feet of slack

jkstock04

Quote from: NuttinItUp on March 25, 2017, 03:53:41 pm
Jeebus. I watched the video on that link and went to his YouTube page.

That dude is bat$hit crazy.
I get the nutts in stomach syndrome when I'm watching stuff like that. I'm not terrified of heights but stuff like that for sure scares me. I watched a video a couple years back of a guy with a go pro on his helmet climbing to the top of a tower a mile high...lol not my thing!
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

RagingHawgOn

theFlyingHog

Quote from: RagingHawgOn on March 28, 2017, 02:12:33 pm

Offer me a million bucks and a night with Kate Upton to climb that tower and I'll tell you to go bugger yourself

GolfNut57

Quote from: RagingHawgOn on March 28, 2017, 02:12:33 pm

why climb down from that high? Can't you just use a parachute to get down?  :)
"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.

LSUFan

I'd rather watch kittens die than do this $hit
I ain't saying you babysitting, but my kids are all over your couch.

Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on August 17, 2015, 02:46:52 pm
Sometimes, I think you're a wine-o who found a laptop in a dumpster.

GolfNut57

No idea if true but I was told a long time ago that a tower climber like that gets paid 100K per job for doing that. And that they get paid on the spot as soon as they get back on the ground. If it's true you could only do that once a year and still be well off.
"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.

jkstock04

Quote from: theFlyingHog on March 28, 2017, 06:35:27 pm
Offer me a million bucks and a night with Kate Upton to climb that tower and I'll tell you to go bugger yourself
And this coming from a pilot! Ya offer me a million bucks and I still don't think I would do it. Most of the time that guy is free climbing...no safety rope or carabiner unless he is stationary and resting.

Imagine if there was a big gust of wind...and you know that high up that tower has to sway some.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Jackrabbit Hog

When I was a senior in high school i climbed our town's water tower on a dare.  I thought I would be scared but turned out it was nothing.  When I got to the top I stayed about 5 minutes, walking around on the platform that went around the tank and taking in the nighttime views.  It was actually pretty cool. 
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

LSUFan

Quote from: jkstock04 on March 29, 2017, 09:38:07 am
And this coming from a pilot! Ya offer me a million bucks and I still don't think I would do it. Most of the time that guy is free climbing...no safety rope or carabiner unless he is stationary and resting.

Imagine if there was a big gust of wind...and you know that high up that tower has to sway some.
OSHA actually had a little conversation with the tower climbing dudes.

McKdaddy

Can't imagine how long that climb took.
Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

LSUFan

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on March 29, 2017, 10:04:50 am
When I was a senior in high school i climbed our town's water tower on a dare.  I thought I would be scared but turned out it was nothing.  When I got to the top I stayed about 5 minutes, walking around on the platform that went around the tank and taking in the nighttime views.  It was actually pretty cool.
Dumas

theFlyingHog

I climbed a water tower on federal property. That's all I'm willing to say as they may still be looking for me. It was really dark inside but pretty awesome outside.

theFlyingHog

Quote from: GolfNut57 on March 28, 2017, 10:46:20 pm
why climb down from that high? Can't you just use a parachute to get down?  :)
That's what I was thinking. With him not being hooked on most of the time and the wind....I'd have a chute

Jackrabbit Hog

I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

JIMMY BOARFFETT

Did the fire department rescue guys bill you for having to bring you down or is that covered by your water and utility bill?
My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.

PonderinHog

Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on March 30, 2017, 07:14:51 am
Did the fire department rescue guys bill you for having to bring you down or is that covered by your water and utility bill?
Trash pickup ???

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on March 30, 2017, 07:14:51 am

Quote from: PonderinHog on March 30, 2017, 07:32:43 am
Trash pickup ???

Listen, you lily livered rednecks....I don't see either of you performing feats of daring and bravery so keep your pie holes shut.

Unless you consider shooting bottle rockets out of your butts to be newsworthy.

PorkSoda

Quote from: sevenof400 on March 30, 2017, 06:50:21 pm
(Really near) Future Darwin award winner.

http://www.businessinsider.com/uli-emanuele-flies-through-6-foot-gap-in-cliff-2015-7

not sure if this is the guy, but I remember reading that the first guy to do this tried it a second time and didnt make it.

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

LSUFan

These guys give white people a bad name.

RollHogTide

I can't say that I am not afraid of heights, but I can say that as long as I have the proper safety equipment - then I feel completely safe. The only time I have ever felt kinda uneasy at heights, was working overhead while walking a catwalk between two chemical towers and it was probably only 100' or so off the ground.  OSHA and MSHA will eat you alive if you do not follow the safety procedures to the letter - often, we'd ask for the inspector to be with us before climbing or working at heights to make sure we were following the letter of the law.  I'm old, fat, and out of shape now - but if you have good steel soled boots, a proper fitting harness, good safety straps (yes two - you always have to be connected), and you don't have to pull a heavy bag of tools - it's not so bad.

Kind of a cool story - I watched a Velvet Revolver concert at the Reno Events Center, while sitting on the catwalk over the stage, drinking beer with the customer (City of Reno).

I was leaning over the top of a building one time approximately 175' up (safety harness and properly attached to the safety cable) and took a picture and sent it to my son.  He commented that he couldn't do it - but, he'll climb 30' in a climbing stand.  I told him the only difference between 30' and 300' is the amount of time that you have to get right with God before you hit the ground, because you probably aren't going to survive a fall from either and if you did - you probably would have wished you didn't.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: LSUFan on March 29, 2017, 12:40:19 am
I'd rather watch kittens die than do this $hit

Id rather eat raw kittens than try that shirt!! I might can digest a few before I die. I'm pretty sure my fat assed heart would pop before I got anywhere near that ledge...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

LSUFan

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on April 04, 2017, 10:00:35 am
Id rather eat raw kittens than try that shirt!! I might can digest a few before I die. I'm pretty sure my fat assed heart would pop before I got anywhere near that ledge...
I'd piss my pants after all my limbs locked up.

I don't think it's "scared of heights", I think it's common sense.

PorkSoda

I'm not scared of heights, at least heights 10 feet and under.  I did go sky diving once (tandem with an instructor) it wasn't really that scary, at least once you are out.  its more surreal watching the ground get closer and closer like you are zooming in on a high def google map.

the worst part is everything right up until the moment you are out of the plane.  they open the door and the wind is rushing by and the ground is 10,000 feet below you, and they are talking about the guy that died last week, and they have you sit in the open doorway with your feet dangling out and you aren't strapped into anything, just hanging out waiting for the instructor (the guy with the chute) to clip in.   then boom you are out of the plane and any thoughts of chickening out are meaningless at that point, so you might as well enjoy the view.  well it was central texas so the view was mostly just farm roads and plains.

"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

LSUFan

Quote from: PorkSoda on April 04, 2017, 03:07:29 pm
I'm not scared of heights, at least heights 10 feet and under.  I did go sky diving once (tandem with an instructor) it wasn't really that scary, at least once you are out.  its more surreal watching the ground get closer and closer like you are zooming in on a high def google map.

the worst part is everything right up until the moment you are out of the plane.  they open the door and the wind is rushing by and the ground is 10,000 feet below you, and they are talking about the guy that died last week, and they have you sit in the open doorway with your feet dangling out and you aren't strapped into anything, just hanging out waiting for the instructor (the guy with the chute) to clip in.   then boom you are out of the plane and any thoughts of chickening out are meaningless at that point, so you might as well enjoy the view.  well it was central texas so the view was mostly just farm roads and plains.
Did you die?

PorkSoda

Quote from: LSUFan on April 04, 2017, 05:11:10 pm
Did you die?
no, but I no longer am into tempting fate. 

having kids quickly puts an end to the adrenaline junkie phase.

but I will probably take my son when he is a little older.  everyone needs to jump out of a perfectly good airplane at least once in their life.  It helps put things in perspective.

GolfNut57

Quote from: PorkSoda on April 04, 2017, 06:22:30 pm
no, but I no longer am into tempting fate. 

having kids quickly puts an end to the adrenaline junkie phase.

but I will probably take my son when he is a little older.  everyone needs to jump out of a perfectly good airplane at least once in their life.  It helps put things in perspective.

Pass.....I don't need to go sky diving and jump out of a perfectly good airplane to put life in perspective. Having open heart surgery last October took care of that for me.

I don't know why but nowadays all the small things that used to irritate me in the past no longer do........

P.S. And on a personal note, (I guess this is also ironic)........even though I am not a Hog fan I now have a Pig valve in my heart.  8)  Yeah, my mother who IS a huge Hog fan thought that was just so funny..........

HogShat

Right out of high school my first career choice was aviation maintenance. Quickly learned there is no such thing as a "perfectly good airplane." I'm kind of like my Papaw now. I don't wanna be no higher than pickin' corn and no lower than diggin' 'taters...

McKdaddy

Quote from: GolfNut57 on April 04, 2017, 10:25:23 pm
Pass.....I don't need to go sky diving and jump out of a perfectly good airplane to put life in perspective. Having open heart surgery last October took care of that for me.

I don't know why but nowadays all the small things that used to irritate me in the past no longer do........

P.S. And on a personal note, (I guess this is also ironic)........even though I am not a Hog fan I now have a Pig valve in my heart.  8)  Yeah, my mother who IS a huge Hog fan thought that was just so funny..........

Good comment on perspective.

I did not know you weren't a Hog fan.  Besides the Sox, who is/are your preferred team(s)?
Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

theFlyingHog

Quote from: HogShat on April 05, 2017, 08:55:58 am
Right out of high school my first career choice was aviation maintenance. Quickly learned there is no such thing as a "perfectly good airplane." I'm kind of like my Papaw now. I don't wanna be no higher than pickin' corn and no lower than diggin' 'taters...
As a pilot, I was amazed when I started flying at how often the maintenance guys were guessing. I've had two in-flight radio failures, turned them off and/or pulled the cb and reported it upon landing only to see the corrective action was that they turned it on and pushed the cb back in

PorkSoda

Quote from: GolfNut57 on April 04, 2017, 10:25:23 pm

to be honest, I'd rather jump out of an airplane than have open heart surgery.

GolfNut57

Quote from: McKdaddy on April 05, 2017, 09:42:45 am
Good comment on perspective.

I did not know you weren't a Hog fan.  Besides the Sox, who is/are your preferred team(s)?

You likely didn't know I wasn't a Hog fan because I make a point of not being a troll here on Hogville. I mostly come here for the Golf Forum. But I do visit the other forums if there is something worth reading on them. The Red Wolves are my #1 team. But FSU Seminoles as a secondary football team and the Duke Blue Devils as my second NCAA BB team. MLB baseball and Golf are the only pro sports I follow. Screw the NBA, NFL, Soccer and Hockey.

Quote from: PorkSoda on April 05, 2017, 03:11:31 pm
to be honest, I'd rather jump out of an airplane than have open heart surgery.

It was a scary as hell experience to be sure. Especially since I never saw major surgery like that coming anytime soon. Even though I was overweight.........hell flat out Obese to be honest......I thought I was in pretty good shape considering. Up to that moment I had lost 45 lbs from June to Oct. I went to the Dr for a nagging and persistent cough that wouldn't go away and thought that he would just prescribe some antibiotics for, but after a chest XRay found my lungs loaded with fluid it turned out that my Aortic Valve was completely shot and had to be replaced within the week. The Infectious Disease Dr usually wants a week to do pre-surgery tests to make sure you are good on that front but the Cardiac Surgeon was scared to wait that long. He went ahead with the surgery after just five days. Ended up spending 12 days in the hospital for the before and after time.

As an aside, back last June I was 340 and set a goal of losing 100 lbs. As of yesterday I weighed 250. That is 90 lbs gone and only 10 more to go to reach my goal of 240.