Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Time for Partridge rumors

Started by deedster84, January 13, 2017, 05:24:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

deedster84

Which I wouldn't mind at all. He could be Co-DC and replace Segrest as DL coach. Also improve our recruiting in Florida. That's the one negative Diaco had. Never really recruited any further south than Virginia.

Dwight_K_Shrute

Charlie is the only way Bret is going to salvage this.  PFMR better coach like he wants to be an HC again one day.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Nosboar Accubond

Quote from: deedster84 on January 13, 2017, 05:24:29 pm
Which I wouldn't mind at all. He could be Co-DC and replace Segrest as DL coach. Also improve our recruiting in Florida. That's the one negative Diaco had. Never really recruited any further south than Virginia.
He has more than that, great DC. Far from perfect. Hogville acts like we got left home on prom night.

Rhoades was a big hire when we got him... Now less shiny.

Nosboar Accubond

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on January 13, 2017, 05:27:28 pm
Charlie is the only way Bret is going to salvage this.  PFMR better coach like he wants to be an HC again one day.
Not its not. Win big next year and all of a sudden you all think it was a great idea. Regardless of what he does.

Now I agree, he better start winning quick and in a hurry.

I won't act like I have any idea what could have been or should have been done behind the scenes.

Dwight_K_Shrute

Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

PonderinHog

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Ive been calling for Partridge as Co DC for a while now
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

The_Bionic_Pig

Honestly I'm hoping we also fill the DB coaching position (once CPR is promoted) with a dynamic recruiter also and wouldn't be upset if the same applied to the LB coaching position.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

tophawg19

d/c has to coach a position . cpr will likely keep d-backs but could shift to lbs .we only use 4 on defense with CBB helping
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

RebelliousHog

Quote from: tophawg19 on January 14, 2017, 08:03:55 am
d/c has to coach a position . cpr will likely keep d-backs but could shift to lbs .we only use 4 on defense with CBB helping
And we see how that's working out.
"Some there are who are nothing else than a passage for food and augmenters of excrement and fillers of privies, because through them no other things in the world, nor any good effects are produced, since nothing but full privies results from them."<br />―Leonardo da Vinci

ballz2thewall

perhaps i'm the minority but i'm fairly convinced that cbb is our defensive woe catalyst.

note: i firmly believe smith needed to go.

but in the end, we ran the schemes we ran with the personnel we used because of cbb. it's really pretty simple......

if cbb says bring heat and smith lays back; it's smith [disregarding ineffective heat]. continuing; if smith can't manage, somehow, to bring a rush or pressure, then it's smith, more or less.

i'm speculating here, admittedly. it seems much more likely that cbb is allowing the lay back scheme to be the norm, play after play. if you watch the games, it's not that we CAN'T add pressure, it's that we DON'T pressure. this has been a critical flaw in my opinion on numerous 3d plays over the last several years. we absolutely REFUSE to gamble with a heavy rush when we need the qb on the ground. this is cbb in my opinion.

i'm not using "the buck stops here" logic, or a status indictment. rather; it seems to me that cbb is directly involved in at least allowing lame defensive plays.

moreover; it is unlikely that smith is a complete and incompetent idiot. we've seen some good defense. at times we've also seen adjustments.

but what we continue to see on a consistent basis is the same lay-back "see what happens" defensive scheme. given the inherent dynamics among the coaches and players, it is highly improbable that this isn't cbb's baby.
The rest of the frog.

M L (bassplayer)

Quote from: deedster84 on January 13, 2017, 05:24:29 pm
That's the one negative Diaco had. Never really recruited any further south than Virginia.

Exactly. Bringing him here was not a perfect fit but everyone wants to blow up on how we missed the home run hire. Plus how we move away from CRS effects the $ he walks away with.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: ballz2thewall on January 14, 2017, 08:27:01 am
perhaps i'm the minority but i'm fairly convinced that cbb is our defensive woe catalyst.

note: i firmly believe smith needed to go.

but in the end, we ran the schemes we ran with the personnel we used because of cbb. it's really pretty simple......

if cbb says bring heat and smith lays back; it's smith [disregarding ineffective heat]. continuing; if smith can't manage, somehow, to bring a rush or pressure, then it's smith, more or less.

i'm speculating here, admittedly. it seems much more likely that cbb is allowing the lay back scheme to be the norm, play after play. if you watch the games, it's not that we CAN'T add pressure, it's that we DON'T pressure. this has been a critical flaw in my opinion on numerous 3d plays over the last several years. we absolutely REFUSE to gamble with a heavy rush when we need the qb on the ground. this is cbb in my opinion.

i'm not using "the buck stops here" logic, or a status indictment. rather; it seems to me that cbb is directly involved in at least allowing lame defensive plays.

moreover; it is unlikely that smith is a complete and incompetent idiot. we've seen some good defense. at times we've also seen adjustments.

but what we continue to see on a consistent basis is the same lay-back "see what happens" defensive scheme. given the inherent dynamics among the coaches and players, it is highly improbable that this isn't cbb's baby.

Probably some merit in this thinking.  A talent deficiency on defense doesn't help either, though.  We had multiple NFL player on the defense in 2014, the last time our defense was competent. 
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

ricepig

Quote from: M L (bassplayer) on January 14, 2017, 08:32:54 am
Exactly. Bringing him here was not a perfect fit but everyone wants to blow up on how we missed the home run hire. Plus how we move away from CRS effects the $ he walks away with.

Well, we don't know what Smith, did or didn't walk away with, or if he owes us money. I suspect the ADG will file their FOI on that on Tuesday, after not getting the answer they want on Monday, haha. Now, the ones wanting to fire him mid-season or at the end of the season, and pay him off, are some of the same ones who scream they're as much as a fan as anyone, although they don't contribute to the RF, buy season tickets, or even go to a game. However, they sure want to spend the money of those that do. Now, I'm not defining levels of anyone's fandom, but it would seem a little hypocritical.

a0ashle

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on January 14, 2017, 08:41:23 am
Probably some merit in this thinking.  A talent deficiency on defense doesn't help either, though.  We had multiple NFL player on the defense in 2014, the last time our defense was competent.

You don't give the reigns to a first year D.C. And then pull them back in year 2 or 3 especially not after a good defensive season. You might do the opposite. So either CBB had more of a hand in 2014  and loosened up, or it was all RS.

I think this flawed argument is originating from people who really want CBB gone so they try to rationalize some universe where CBB is a meddler.

ballz2thewall

Quote from: a0ashle on January 14, 2017, 08:48:54 am
You don't give the reigns to a first year D.C. And then pull them back in year 2 or 3 especially not after a good defensive season. You might do the opposite. So either CBB had more of a hand in 2014  and loosened up, or it was all RS.

I think this flawed argument is originating from people who really want CBB gone so they try to rationalize some universe where CBB is a meddler.

i think you're rationalizing so that it ISN'T cbb.

personally, i've been a complete supporter of cbb. we don't really know how much reigns cbb gives smith. what we DO know is that we've run a very relaxed scheme most of the time; so much so that it is entirely predictable.

so if it IS wholly smith, for as long as it has been, the cbb SHOULD HAVE meddled and meddled fiercely.

and it appears, under your speculation, that he didn't. speculation again, in my part.
The rest of the frog.

Hogwild

Partridge is being mentioned as one of the leading candidates for the Wisconsin job that opened up when Wilcox took the Cal job.

TrueBlue

Partridge has an agent worse than Jimmy Sexton: Mr. Kincade.

He is a tough negotiator.

grayhawg

Quote from: Hogwild on January 14, 2017, 09:53:07 pm
Partridge is being mentioned as one of the leading candidates for the Wisconsin job that opened up when Wilcox took the Cal job.
Link to Wisconsin board.

http://www.foxsports.com/college-football/story/wisconsin-football-who-will-be-the-badgers-next-dc-011317

Hogwild

QuoteFlorida Atlantic head coach Charlie Partridge
So when was the last time Wisconsin had co-defensive coordinators? When Partridge and Chris Ash led UW's defense in 2012. The Plantation, Fla., native was fired from his head coaching position at Florida Atlantic in December after three consecutive three-win seasons. How fitting it would be if new head honcho Lane Kiffin faced Partridge and Wisconsin's defense in September?

Partridge has connections to Wisconsin, coaching the defensive line from 2008-11 but also being co-coordinator with Ash in 2011-12. After leaving Madison following the hire of Gary Andersen, he joined Bret Bielema down in Arkansas for a year in 2013 before taking on the Owls' program. As the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel's Jeff Potrykus noted, the former coordinator also recruits well.

One thing against Partridge, though, is that he's known for having a 4-3 defense. After the Bielema regime moved on, the 3-4 scheme first implemented by Andersen and Aranda, then continued with Wilcox, has paid huge dividends for the Badgers.

Another thing: Partridge coached defensive lines at Wisconsin, though he spent time with linebackers at Pitt in 2007.