Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The silence is deafening....

Started by hobhog, January 12, 2017, 10:23:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

GuvHog

Quote from: ricepig on January 13, 2017, 01:03:18 pm
Smith is in Minnesota working, it will be up to them to announce his hiring.

I'd say that's a very good indication that he's no longer the DC at Arkansas.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: ricepig on January 13, 2017, 01:03:18 pm
Smith is in Minnesota working, it will be up to them to announce his hiring.

How do we know this.  I was on gopherville.net and there was no mention of it.  I even PM'd the guy who runs the site, Manny Seavers and he knows nothing about it as well.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

ricepig

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on January 13, 2017, 02:49:25 pm
How do we know this.  I was on gopherville.net and there was no mention of it.  I even PM'd the guy who runs the site, Manny Seavers and he knows nothing about it as well.

Because we do, lol. We've done our part, now their lawyers have to do theirs, as reported elsewhere.

Pig in the Pokey

Guys, calm down about Robb. He is 100% gone. no chance something changes on that.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Wildhog

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on January 13, 2017, 03:09:25 pm
Guys, calm down about Robb. He is 100% gone. no chance something changes on that.

This.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

WriterWrong

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on January 13, 2017, 03:09:25 pm

Exactly. There's no way CBB says, "I think it's time to move on." Then, something on Robb's end falls through with another job so CBB says, "Okay, I guess you can stay."

Not happening. He's gone. We're getting a new DC. End of story.

Hogwild

Since Diaco isn't an option; if we don't promote within, what yall think about Al Golden?

grayhawg

Just a guess Rhoads and Partridge co DC's

bcdrules

Has anyone seen anything on Reggie Mitchell? I didn't see any reports of him on the road recruiting.

jgphillips3

Well, Robb's resignation is officially in so I guess dominos should start falling now.

hogcard1964

Quote from: Hogwild on January 13, 2017, 07:17:32 pm
Since Diaco isn't an option; if we don't promote within, what yall think about Al Golden?

No, don't spend any additional money. Stick Rhoads in there for the time being and worry about a new DC in a year or two.

Athog

Quote from: NuttinItUp on January 13, 2017, 06:14:24 am
Not knowing things has never stopped people from posting before.

Wow never a truer statement!

ricepig

Quote from: hogcard1964 on January 13, 2017, 09:51:04 pm
No, don't spend any additional money. Stick Rhoads in there for the time being and worry about a new DC in a year or two.

You do realize we will up his pay, and pay for replacing him?

hogcard1964

Quote from: ricepig on January 13, 2017, 09:53:25 pm
You do realize we will up his pay, and pay for replacing him?

Do it on the cheap. As cheap as possible.  None of these coaches will be retained in a year or two.  That's why throwing 800,000.00 to 1 million on Diaco would he dumb.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: HamSammich on January 13, 2017, 07:38:30 am
We didn't rush the hire with any of our current assistants.... pray tell, how good are they?

Some apparently are good and some not so. THAT has nothing to do with being patient when hiring. The chances of making a mistake when rushing a hire is greater than when not.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Concerning a new DC and other coaches, if BB hasn't known and been working on replacements since mid-season then he is as dumb, aloof, lazy and uncaring as I believe him to be.  Our HC should have had a plan for months on who he wants, who is available, how much it should cost, when they could be interviewed and the likelihood that they would accept or not.  Every coach has people that know people so neither side has to get their hands dirty to find out this kind of info if you want it.  Part of every coaches duties is to know these things so that may answer why we don't appear to.

rljjr

Quote from: 12247 on January 14, 2017, 01:03:13 pm
Concerning a new DC and other coaches, if BB hasn't known and been working on replacements since mid-season then he is as dumb, aloof, lazy and uncaring as I believe him to be.  Our HC should have had a plan for months on who he wants, who is available, how much it should cost, when they could be interviewed and the likelihood that they would accept or not.  Every coach has people that know people so neither side has to get their hands dirty to find out this kind of info if you want it.  Part of every coaches duties is to know these things so that may answer why we don't appear to.

That dumb, aloof, lazy and uncaring guy is near the top of his field.

I know many on here are banking on BB being gone in 2 years.  Not unless Long leaves, he won't.  BB will crank up enough energy to win enough that Long will give him an extension and nice raise and maybe rework the bonus structure and payout.  Long wants to believe in his Buddy and has no intention of removing him if he can get and keep us at .500 overall.  I think BB will crank out 8 wins and a Bowl win sometime in the next 2 years and Long will personally roll out the red carpet for him for another 4 to 6 years.  Then its back to business as usual, the .500 boogie.  Put your dancing shoes on folks, its gonna be fun.

ricepig

Quote from: 12247 on January 14, 2017, 01:08:54 pm
I know many on here are banking on BB being gone in 2 years.  Not unless Long leaves, he won't.  BB will crank up enough energy to win enough that Long will give him an extension and nice raise and maybe rework the bonus structure and payout.  Long wants to believe in his Buddy and has no intention of removing him if he can get and keep us at .500 overall.  I think BB will crank out 8 wins and a Bowl win sometime in the next 2 years and Long will personally roll out the red carpet for him for another 4 to 6 years.  Then its back to business as usual, the .500 boogie.  Put your dancing shoes on folks, its gonna be fun.

I certainly hope so.

BB is not near the top of his field at this point in time.  I believe BB knows, he just doesn't do.  A near the top of his field coach could get Arkansas above lower end of the SECW, not blowing huge leads and sometimes losing to inferior talent ugly.  He may be the finest coach who ever pooped behind a pair of shoes, show it.

BB is operating the DHUDHU, don't hurry up, don't huddle up scheme on firing and hiring.  If you can dis-associate yourself from this mess, its really funny.  I suspect HC's all around are laughing their rears at us stumbling in circles, maybe its called, circling the drains, heading for the bottom.  Why couldn't we get Partridge onboard if he is willing and we want him. 

ricepig

No, but all of HV is laughing at your posts, haha.

grayhawg

Sometimes  Bielema reminds me of a customer of the dealership I worked for in he early eighties. This guy would wait until the last 1/2 of December to purchase new vehicles when dealers were reducing inventory because he could buy cheaper than any other time of year.
The problem with this thinking is all that was left is what nobody else wanted so his wife never got to drive what she really wanted, just what was cheap.
  She finally had enough of his cheap ways and divorced him.
   How pretty are our last two coaching hires?

ricepig

Quote from: grayhawg on January 14, 2017, 03:34:07 pm
Sometimes  Bielema reminds me of a customer of the dealership I worked for in he early eighties. This guy would wait until the last 1/2 of December to purchase new vehicles when dealers were reducing inventory because he could buy cheaper than any other time of year.
The problem with this thinking is all that was left is what nobody else wanted so his wife never got to drive what she really wanted, just what was cheap.
  She finally had enough of his cheap ways and divorced him.
   How pretty are our last two coaching hires?

Do you think he's doing "cheap" because he wants to, or because our budget mandates that?

Hawg Life

Quote from: Hogwild on January 13, 2017, 07:17:32 pm

His name was mentioned on pay sites when we first started talking about switching to the 3-4. He's currently the TE coach for The Detroit Lions. He would have Florida ties, He would probably leave for a LB coach if $$$ were right. I still think Hargreaves is gone.

grayhawg

Quote from: ricepig on January 14, 2017, 03:39:32 pm
Do you think he's doing "cheap" because he wants to, or because our budget mandates that?
Not necessarily talking about the price, just the timing of when he seems to shop for replacements and I started with "sometimes" I know he has a budget he has to stay in.

Pig In The City

Quote from: 12247 on January 14, 2017, 01:03:13 pm

Dude is looking to get out. His lack of enthusiasm this year does not go unnoticed. I say he plans to ditch out after next year.

Hogwild

Quote from: Hawg Life on January 14, 2017, 03:44:23 pm
His name was mentioned on pay sites when we first started talking about switching to the 3-4. He's currently the TE coach for The Detroit Lions. He would have Florida ties, He would probably leave for a LB coach if $$$ were right. I still think Hargreaves is gone.

I don't think he would leave the NFL unless it was for a HC or high paying DC position.  He didn't do that bad at Miami (32-25) considering that they were on probation and weren't eligible for post season his first two seasons. When he was DC at UVA he took the 108th defense and turn around finishing in the top 20 a few seasons later.

farmhawg

Quote from: rljjr on January 14, 2017, 01:05:59 pm
I am sure that is why he has been considered for many of the open coaching jobs......
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

jgphillips3

Quote from: rljjr on January 14, 2017, 01:05:59 pm

By what metric?  What he did at Wisconsin?  Upper third...sure.  The top...eh, I don't think he is yet.  He is still young for a head coach though.  He can still get there.