Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Starting to wonder

Started by grayhawg, January 12, 2017, 10:55:39 am

Previous topic - Next topic

grayhawg

About Robb Smith to Minn, no word from either school and still listed as Defensive Coordinator on UofA website. Has anybody heard an update from the other day?

hobhog

agree. something doesn't smell right.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

ricepig

Robb isn't listed as going to see any recruits/commits, he's gone, patience grasshopper......

grayhawg

Quote from: ricepig on January 12, 2017, 11:02:46 am
Robb isn't listed as going to see any recruits/commits, he's gone, patience grasshopper......
Thanks, feel better.

Cambridge Hog

Clause in contract that is triggered by a date?

lilRockNDubb

Just working out the kinks..

Oklahawg

Awkward, yes, but nothing I'm worrying about. Apparently, those behind the scenes know he is gone.

CBB should pay the buyout out of his own pocket as getting Smith out the door without firing him helps him hire future coaches and improves his own chances of landing upright when all the wobbles from 2016 play out.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

rhames

Bet we hear something today
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

ricepig

Trystran

Rhoads/Diaco Co-DCs sounds a hell of a lot better than what we had. Hate to see Enos go if he does, but BLJ has earned a shot.

HappyFan

Would the Lunney Jr. OC be more of a spread look or the standard pro style we run now?

Big Boi

I'm more concerned with the last sentence. Barry is great at recruiting Arkansas kids to Ark. The thought of him being in control and calling plays, I'm not a fan of. 

Cambridge Hog

Quote from: Big Boi on January 12, 2017, 11:59:17 am
I'm more concerned with the last sentence. Barry is great at recruiting Arkansas kids to Ark. The thought of him being in control and calling plays, I'm not a fan of.

Bret has an override button, don't worry...

Big Boi

Quote from: Cambridge Hog on January 12, 2017, 12:00:45 pm
Bret has an override button, don't worry...
If he does he should use it when Enos calls jet sweep inside the 5.

Cambridge Hog

Quote from: Big Boi on January 12, 2017, 12:02:30 pm
If he does he should use it when Enos calls jet sweep inside the 5.

Do we actually know who called that play...brotha

Wildhog

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

parallaxpig

Quote from: ricepig on January 12, 2017, 11:02:46 am

Along same line of thought, there are several assistants not listed as visiting recruits.
noun: parallax<br />the effect whereby the position or direction of an object appears to differ when viewed from different positions,

rhames

Quote from: Big Boi on January 12, 2017, 11:59:17 am

You're right. He should have just kept running it up the middle for no gain.
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

King Kong

Quote from: HappyFan on January 12, 2017, 11:57:06 am
Would the Lunney Jr. OC be more of a spread look or the standard pro style we run now?

Pro style.

If Enos leaves I say Lunney as OC/TE and get Weinke as QB coach

Ironhawg

Quote from: King Kong on January 12, 2017, 12:18:09 pm
Pro style.

If Enos leaves I say Lunney as OC/TE and get Weinke as QB coach

Isn't Weinke with the LA Rams?

King Kong

Quote from: Ironhawg on January 12, 2017, 12:32:20 pm
Isn't Weinke with the LA Rams?

Their Coaching staff was fired. Interviewed with UT earlier this week

RzRbAcK18

It's only a bad play call if it doesn't work. Just ask Pete Carroll about slant routes inside the 5. Lol

Ironhawg

Quote from: King Kong on January 12, 2017, 12:33:42 pm
Their Coaching staff was fired. Interviewed with UT earlier this week

Wow.  That was fast!

King Kong

Quote from: Ironhawg on January 12, 2017, 12:44:12 pm
Wow.  That was fast!

Yep, NFL chews them up and spits them out

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: Trystran on January 12, 2017, 11:52:25 am
Rhoads/Diaco Co-DCs sounds a hell of a lot better than what we had. Hate to see Enos go if he does, but BLJ has earned a shot.

based on what exactly?  We're not talking OC at ASU, we're talking UA.  I honestly like Lunney but no, he has not earned a shot in my opinion

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: Cambridge Hog on January 12, 2017, 12:04:15 pm

Enos calls the plays almost exclusively...I suppose you never know if Bielema calls one here or there but he lets Enos do his job

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: Wildhog on January 12, 2017, 12:07:32 pm
This should be open and shut.  Hire the man.

No doubt.  don't interview him, just offer him.

HogShat

Quote from: Cambridge Hog on January 12, 2017, 12:04:15 pm

This has been the only reason I haven't been on the Enos hate wagon. We don't know. But If it is all him on the play calls... Probably wouldn't hurt my feelings any if he left. I have said it since the aTm game, I just want to see more creativity in our formations, and some audibles, whether it be called in from the sidelines or someone at QB who has enough sense and the leeway to call them.

Hogwild

I'm starting to wonder if one of the NFL teams that Enos interviewed with was the Jags. 
1st year coach, Marrone has to  put a new staff together and is required interview multiple people for each position. With Allen on the roster and his history with Enos, might make him a logical choice.  Especailly if the new coach isn't sold on Blake Bortles.