Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The life of a Razorback fan.....

Started by hogz11, January 11, 2017, 11:11:17 am

Previous topic - Next topic

hogz11

Recent games in football and basketball reminded me of when I was at the 2012 Arkansas/LSU game in Fayetteville. Dennis Johnson was about to score a TD on the first drive and he fumbled near the goal line. LSU recovered.

I just kind of sighed and said out loud "The life of a Razorback fan." Didn't say it loud or direct it toward anyone. Some Hog fan about four rows down (with apparently the ears of a fox and eyes in the back of his head) turns around, looks and me, points his finger at me and yells, "It's a hard life ain't it brother!" I nodded in a disheartening manner and we both then went back to watching the game.

So to that fox eared Razorback fan, I say to you over four years later......."Yes it still is."

Sed76

Fumbles, dropped interceptions, blocked or missed field goals, dropped passes. It's like it's in our DNA.

Pig in the Pokey

ultimate example has to be the sugar bowl game. i had been going at it with a group of osu fans all game long. Those dudes literally turn and told me, "Good game. Can't believe you guys pulled it off". after the blocked punt. Of course we all know what happened next.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

code red

January 11, 2017, 12:26:24 pm #3 Last Edit: January 11, 2017, 02:17:49 pm by code red
Quote from: Sed76 on January 11, 2017, 11:14:04 am
Fumbles, dropped interceptions, blocked or missed field goals, dropped passes. It's like it's in our DNA.
Kody Walkers fumble vs Bama...@ the goal line.....Holy Crap!!!
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

LZH

1985 Texas game. First game with the west side upper deck. We were #4 in the country. James Rouse & Co. ran it up and down the field all day but whenever we hit the red zone we'd clam up. Missed 5 FG's that day. Lost 15-13 I believe.

allredhog

Texas did not score a touchdown. We missed 5, they made 5.  I could (most long term fans could) write a book on Hog games like this since 1958!
A redhead married a redhead and had redheaded children and all are HOGS!

LZH

Next1_04

The non scoop in score off the blocked punt in the Sugar Bowl then the Interception to seal it. Came back in position to win twice within a 2:00 Minute time span just to be disappointed. I was so mad I drove straight back home to Russellville directly after even though I had another night in the hotel. Hard to be humble.

Pigsknuckles

"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

MJ2

It's been said on here many times, but I'll repeat - Snakebit is the term.

lstewart

A positive comment in the life of a hog fan. Accepted a job at UA and moved to NW Arkansas summer of 1993. Had LR season football tickets, so went by the ticket office to move our football tickets to Fayetteville. They had a waiting list for basketball, so I said... what the heck, might get them in 20 years. Had been to a handful of games over the previous 15 years. Walton Arena opened, we got season tickets that very year, and was at every home game for the national championship season. Had a 6 year old son who was there every game, along with my wife. That was the peak..... all the excitement for being there was new, and the team was that good........

oldbooniehog

Start video at 2:20 mark.

If Arkansas holds on 4th down, we win the National Championship.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FszLa0AhBxI&t=206s

oldbooniehog

Beating #1 ranked Tennessee in Knoxville with under 2:00 left in the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWl3cg-gdD8&t=21s

oldbooniehog

Start at 2:20 mark.

Arkansas beating Florida for 2006 SEC title. Until this happens.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Js1-MCkDMFM&t=176s

LZH

Quote from: oldbooniehog on January 12, 2017, 08:49:23 pm
Start video at 2:20 mark.

If Arkansas holds on 4th down, we win the National Championship.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FszLa0AhBxI&t=206s

Anyone notice that our DL played a full yard off of the line of scrimmage? And did you see male cheerleader doing somersaults out on the field after they converted that 4th down?

Times have changed.

oldbooniehog

Go to 2:24:15 mark.

Beating #3 Miami at Miami in the 4th Quarter.

Steve Atwater has game-winning INT in his hands. But only for a second.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSLj-RQrWOc

PonderinHog

Hell, boonie, you might as well show Ish kicking Hosea Taylor in the head in '79.  How many in a row before that?

oldbooniehog

Go to 2:23:10 mark.

Beating #2 SMU for a conference title in 1982.

SMU receiver runs up the back of the Arkansas DB. Hogs get called for Pass Interference.

Back then, Pass Interference was a spot foul, not just 15 yards.

You know what happens next.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHHQtU_8A1Y

oldbooniehog

Hog fans of a certain age have learned, over and over and over, that the wheels always fall off.

Always.

We wait for the knife that we know is coming.

In fact, we're almost relieved when we feel the first cut.

oldbooniehog

LZH

Quote from: oldbooniehog on January 12, 2017, 09:09:14 pm
Hog fans of a certain age have learned, over and over and over, that the wheels always fall off.

Always.

We wait for the knife that we know is coming.

In fact, we're almost relieved when we feel the first cut.

Sounds like a mid-90s Alanis Morissette song.

oldbooniehog

Only ain't nothing "Ironic" about it.

LZH

26.2Hog

It never changes.  Boschetti got clipped.

TeufelHog

I have told people all my life, "If you ever want to win big money in college football, always bet on the Hogs to lose in the big games."

PORKULATOR

Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

Tejano Jawg

Hogz11, you and Oldbooniehog sure teamed up to bring back the pain.   :'(
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

ballz2thewall

sitting amongst the enemy, i poured bourbon in my eyes when ol' miss beat us 16-10 back in the 80's.

seems i was looking to see if there was any left in the bottle.

later that night my cousin's car was stolen. we were hitching when we got arrested for loitering. they turned us loose because the drunk tank was full. that's where we learned the final score.
The rest of the frog.

Trystran

Karma for all the Hall of Fame coaches shown the door or not given the opportunity due to control freaks. Hatfield. Holtz. Johnson. Ford. Propping up good ol' Broyles and protecting his legacy instead of making the right choices. Terry Don Phillips as AD... who went on to Clemson to hire Dabo Swinney. Go through that list, and we could have been what Alabama is today. That's the true legacy of Razorback fans in a nutshell.

hogsanity

Quote from: PonderinHog on January 12, 2017, 09:01:38 pm
Hell, boonie, you might as well show Ish kicking Hosea Taylor in the head in '79.  How many in a row before that?

that was my 1st Hog game I saw in person.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Poker_hog

Quote from: oldbooniehog on January 12, 2017, 08:50:44 pm
Beating #1 ranked Tennessee in Knoxville with under 2:00 left in the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWl3cg-gdD8&t=21s

The sternover wins this thread without question. 

Scottie's three is the only counter argument to this thread.  Duke was about to beat us till he drained that 3.

Sometimes wrong, but never in doubt

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Quote from: lstewart on January 11, 2017, 02:41:03 pm
A positive comment in the life of a hog fan. Accepted a job at UA and moved to NW Arkansas summer of 1993. Had LR season football tickets, so went by the ticket office to move our football tickets to Fayetteville. They had a waiting list for basketball, so I said... what the heck, might get them in 20 years. Had been to a handful of games over the previous 15 years. Walton Arena opened, we got season tickets that very year, and was at every home game for the national championship season. Had a 6 year old son who was there every game, along with my wife. That was the peak..... all the excitement for being there was new, and the team was that good........
Just to put that in perspective, I was 2 years old at the time, of course I wasn't keeping up with the hogs yet. Now im 26 and the 2014-2015 season was/is the best I can remember.  ::)
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

BRHogfan

Quote from: Poker_hog on January 13, 2017, 10:54:07 am
The sternover wins this thread without question. 

Scottie's three is the only counter argument to this thread.  Duke was about to beat us till he drained that 3.

Scottie's three was the greatest moment of my life as a Hog fan, but while I was alive, I wasn't a Hog fan until I went to school in 2004.  The greatest moments since I've been a Hog Fan were a relatively meaningless putback dunk over Kentucky and a Darren McFadden touchdown run in a game we lost...