Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The SEC

Started by HamSammich, January 10, 2017, 07:51:23 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HamSammich

Probably was not the best conference last year and definitely isn't this year... Does that make CBB seat a little hotter .... or maybe does it make our tolerence of less than mediocrity less palatable:::.:

I'll put together two thoughts:

1) the SEC dominance is over and has been for a while
2) CBB is our coach for two more years... might as well be on board. Bitching everyday for two years isn't good for the soul.

Hawghiggs

1, The SEC dominance was never about the Hogs. We never mattered because we traded winning and recruiting of Texas for the SEC's gold and false hopes.

2,  Footballs not done. The hiring season and the recruiting season are going on.

NuttinItUp

Quote from: Hawghiggs on January 10, 2017, 08:13:56 pm

1, The SEC dominance was never about the Hogs. We never mattered because we traded winning and recruiting of Texas for the SEC's gold and false hopes.

Calling All Hogs

code red

When was the SEC great???  When Urban, Saban, Miles, Petrino, Spurrier, Pinkel were coaching.  Who are the top coaches now???  Saban and Mahlzan?
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

code red

Quote from: HamSammich on January 10, 2017, 07:51:23 pm
Probably was not the best conference last year and definitely isn't this year... Does that make CBB seat a little hotter .... or maybe does it make our tolerance of less than mediocrity less palatable:::.:

I'll put together two thoughts:

1) the SEC dominance is over and has been for a while
2) CBB is our coach for two more years... might as well be on board. Bitching everyday for two years isn't good for the soul.
There is a very real potential that he loses 7 or more next year.  Many coaches in the SEC will be on the hot seat....they will be hungry for wins.  If that happens he will be gone.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

I agree that several coaches will be on the hotseat in the SEC next year, our coach not among them.  Dang near every team except BAMA and the Hogs will be looking closely at their either recent hire or the older hire that is not living up to the standards set forth and expected.  If Gus cannot get a QB that can play the position to a high standard and also stay healthy, his seat will get mighty hot.  If Orgenon or however you spell it at LSU cannot put up Ws in large numbers, his seat will get hot right now.  LSU is not interested in tomorrow, its right now for them.  Sumlin could be let go if he has another second half of the season break down.  Mullen is likely OK no matter what.  He usually does well enough that those considering realize they cannot hire better.  OM likely will give Freeze another year after he fails big this coming season because he has done well in the past, but maybe not.  Most of the East coaches haven't been there long enough to fire or have done just barely enough to stay a little longer except the TN coach.  He may be like Sumlin, needing to win something the fanbase can point to as acceptable or done.

Saban can stay as long as he wants and BB has no worries.  Got a new baby on the way and plenty of time to plan for that.  So he gets kept up all night with babies tummy ache, got very little to do tomorrow anyway, no worries.

Hogarusa

Should make his seat hotter. Petrino won 10 games with 5 other top 10-12 SEC ranked teams. Bielema winning 7 with Bama the only team doin work
I'll ride the wave where it takes me

Bebop

SEC was down this year making it worse for Bielema.