Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I bet Coley wishes he could get

Started by Potosihog, January 09, 2017, 10:27:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Potosihog

The Bama exemption on targeting.  2 blatant targeting no calls for Bama tonight.  Sure these aren't SEC refs?

ballz2thewall

The rest of the frog.

Pancetta

The club to Watson's head and the shot to Williams both looked like targeting to me.
Jump Ball / Re: Time to hit the panic button?
January 06, 2022, 05:32:59 pm
Nah. Every single transfer can score. The shots will come once the pecking order gets sorted out.
Pancetta

forrest city joe

I have been saying it for years. there are rules for Saban and Alabama.and there are rules for everyone else. it's unreal what they are allowed to get away with. it's called the Bama rules.

Dr. Starcs

And calipari and sUcK have their rules too

hawginbigd1

Targeting is to a defenseless player, targeting does not apply to a runner

tophawg19

Clemson's Wr's are pushing off and running better pick plays than our basketball team. and they have had several hits that could be targeting
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

onebadrubi

Refs definitely took over the game.  They allowed Clemson to run illegal pick plays where blocking was happening before the ball was thrown. Clemson, the most penalized DB's in all of football didn't get a single call all night?  Also that late pass interference called on bama was weak for what they were allowing all night. Go back to many games that happen this year and good games with good refs, and a ref is never going to make a call like that to change the outcome of w game. 

PORKULATOR

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on January 09, 2017, 10:46:41 pm
And calipari and sUcK have their rules too
HEY!!!!! THEY WILL NOT BE BULLIED
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

razorbrass

No wonder defenses in the Big 12 suck so bad.  When offensive lineman can hold and receivers run pick plays and push off it is awfully hard to stop any offense.
Ladies and Gentlemen can I please have your attention.  I've just been handed an urgent and horrifying news story and I need all of you to stop what you are doing and listen!

Potosihog

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on January 09, 2017, 10:48:17 pm

I stand corrected. After seeing this and reading the rule it does specify a defenseless player.  I thought the use of the crown of the helmet or launching was a separate issue and considered targeting even when it was a runner.

Grizzlyfan

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on January 09, 2017, 10:48:17 pm
I'll bet that the definition of defenseless is looked at after the shot on the Clemson receiver.  He was wrapped up at the waist by an Alabama defender and basically couldn't move.  Then the Bama guy launched at his head.  The "rules expert" said it wasn't targeting because he hit with the side of his helmet instead of the crown.

hogsanity

Quote from: Grizzlyfan on January 10, 2017, 02:21:13 pm
I'll bet that the definition of defenseless is looked at after the shot on the Clemson receiver.  He was wrapped up at the waist by an Alabama defender and basically couldn't move.  Then the Bama guy launched at his head.  The "rules expert" said it wasn't targeting because he hit with the side of his helmet instead of the crown.

Actually, as the defender was coming in to "clean up" the tackle, the ball carrier got swung around after the other defender was committed to the hit. That and the contact was with the side of the helmet.

The problem on a lot of these hits when a player is in the grasp is a slow whistle. But officials get griped at for blowing the play dead too soon far more often than letting it go too long.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Hog N Bama

All the pass interference by Bama was just unbelievable :puke:

The Great Hambino

Bama should have held every WR at the line that last play, taken the penalty, and forced the field goal for OT.

DeltaBoy

Yep the big 12 crew let them play sand lot football.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: The Great Hambino on January 10, 2017, 03:19:23 pm
Bama should have held every WR at the line that last play, taken the penalty, and forced the field goal for OT.
they tried. that's why IT WASNT AN ILLEGAL PICK. The bama DBs were told to hold. They just never cover 160lb white dudes and that's why they burn them :p
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli