Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Realistic Thoughts on New Defence...

Started by greenEGnHAWGS, January 09, 2017, 02:45:10 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

greenEGnHAWGS

What is the realistic time it takes to implement a new DC's defensive system? I'm just thinking that next year is a very important year for CBB and this staff, but what is a realistic expectation for our defense with a new DC?
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

ricepig

1st qt against A&M............Florida A&M.

trphog

We looked pretty good in Robb Smith's first year right?

MountieDawg

Next years #1 excuse, it takes a while to change your defensive style.  We are not going to flinch. #Uncommon
SEC!

tophawg19

a lot will depend on how many assistants change out . if he brings his staff , it will go faster
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

Kevin

I want a guy who will make players accountable for their play. if they are not getting it done, bench them.  tired of watching guys miss assignments, loaf, or quit on the field, and still play
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Al Boarland

Quote from: trphog on January 09, 2017, 02:53:53 pm
We looked pretty good in Robb Smith's first year right?
With a few NFL players left over. The next guy won't be so lucky.

greenEGnHAWGS

This is my only reason for the OP - why would someone come here knowing that he very possibly has only 1 year to show improvements with one of the toughest schedules in the country, cuz CBB will be on the hot seat if he doesn't win next year. And if CBB goes, then a new coach will probably bring in his own guys.
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

Al Boarland

Quote from: greenEGnHAWGS on January 09, 2017, 04:47:35 pm
This is my only reason for the OP - why would someone come here knowing that he very possibly has only 1 year to show improvements with one of the toughest schedules in the country, cuz CBB will be on the hot seat if he doesn't win next year. And if CBB goes, then a new coach will probably bring in his own guys.
The fan hot seat will be turned up much higher than the hot seat that matters. AD's are paid to be more rational and ticket sales are offset by TV $.

Not to mention he is a good fit and the program won't do much better.

tophawg19

CBB has two years unless their is a major collapse
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

jgphillips3

Realistically, at best, the offseason plus the first 4 to 6 games of next year.  However, I'm not sure how much worse it could be anyway.

Mike_e

Depends on how complicated the new guy's scheme is.  Duh.

Also depends on the staff getting it all down straight away.  Anyone who is working at that level should be able to coach anything but being on the same page and the same verse while using the same cadence and tempo seems to be key to a fast start.
The best "one thing" for a happy life?
Just be the best person that you can manage.  Right Now!