Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Robb Smith to Minnesota

Started by jcb03005, January 09, 2017, 01:06:44 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hayden1865

Quote from: HF#1 on January 09, 2017, 02:06:34 pm
How much time does he waste trying to find these coaches new jobs? It's almost like Bielema has a complex about not looking like the bad guy.
I highly doubt he is wasting time. You act like he can't be actively looking for his new assistants while trying to help the outgoing ones find a landing spot.
Don't take life too seriously, you'll never make it out alive.

HF#1

Quote from: Hayden1865 on January 09, 2017, 02:13:03 pm
I highly doubt he is wasting time. You act like he can't be actively looking for his new assistants while trying to help the outgoing ones find a landing spot.

Bielema has an image problem. He stays worried about what others think.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

forrest city joe

Quote from: HF#1 on January 09, 2017, 02:14:47 pm
Bielema has an image problem. He stays worried about what others think.
If it helps, I doubt he cares what you think about him.

HF#1

Quote from: Karma on January 09, 2017, 02:19:45 pm
If it helps, I doubt he cares what you think about him.

He obviously does care seeing as has blocked the entire fanbase on Twitter.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

King Kong

How much time does he waste trying to find these coaches new jobs? It's almost like Bielema has a complex about not looking like the bad guy.

Zero time by him. 90% of all coaches at the ACFA Convention where Robb went and talked to his buddy PJ Fleck.

Not that it would matter if CBB did spend sometime on it. As it is a dead period and they can't practice with the players right now.

lutherheggs

I feel sure that this was an arranged marriage. Long found him this job. No telling what the RF paid out to Smith to get him to take it without any stink.

LR Hog

The full article on ESPN website site says we will likely hire within.  Paul Rhoades mentioned because he used to run a 3-4. 
Like a boss.

ricepig

Quote from: HF#1 on January 09, 2017, 02:21:06 pm

He has? Or maybe just those who only criticize/call names anonymously over the internet? And I don't think he is too concerned about his image, he says what's on his mind, usually to his detriment.

razoredge178

It sure is nice to be publicly shopped around like a dirty old car.

Why didn't CBB proactively give the guy a free pass out about 10 days ago so we could start our search?

I have no proof but I think BB likes to assist in moving his assistants along without firing them because he doesn't blame them for the mess.  BB knows that he doesn't get that involved in the details of coaching.  It is something he just doesn't like, therefore, he stays aloof.  I think he now realizes that is a lot of why he cannot keep assistants.  He likely tries to change but that is also difficult.  He has no desire to handle a daily routine of coaching or assisting in coaching a position. 

Persons at any level at any job should be handled by the 2 kinds of can't method.  If you can't cut it, you can't stay.  No hard feelings, no excuses, you do or you don't.

ricepig

Quote from: razoredge178 on January 09, 2017, 02:34:04 pm

Why didn't CBB proactively give the guy a free pass out about 10 days ago so we could start our search?

First, how do you know it he hadn't, and how do you know he hasn't been doing his own search? It was reported here that we were expected to announce some changes after the bowl game had we won, that took the shine off a couple of them, so it went a different direction.

PonderinHog

Quote from: 12247 on January 09, 2017, 02:36:24 pm
I have no proof but I think BB likes to assist in moving his assistants along without firing them because he doesn't blame them for the mess.  BB knows that he doesn't get that involved in the details of coaching.  It is something he just doesn't like, therefore, he stays aloof.  I think he now realizes that is a lot of why he cannot keep assistants.  He likely tries to change but that is also difficult.  He has no desire to handle a daily routine of coaching or assisting in coaching a position. 

Persons at any level at any job should be handled by the 2 kinds of can't method.  If you can't cut it, you can't stay.  No hard feelings, no excuses, you do or you don't.
No offense, but I don't think it's Bret.  I think it's you.

ricepig

Quote from: PonderinHog on January 09, 2017, 02:38:21 pm
No offense, but I don't think it's Bret.  I think it's you.

He does have an axe to grind, Paul Bunyan size axe.......

lutherheggs

Wow. I cannot believe he did that. End is nigh.

rhog1

I was reading the Minnesota board to see their fans reactions. Not really very happy, they don't seem to like how happy Hog fans are to see him go. But serious question is gohogs14 on every fan forum on the internet? lol

Hawg Life

Quote from: Karma on January 09, 2017, 02:00:30 pm
How does it help Arkansas to fire him before he can get a new job? Costs more money, and this way Bielema gets the respect from potential coaches for looking out for his staff.

When will PRJ admit that he was completely wrong about Bielema being willing to make a change?

He won't. He's too busy kissing his Mike Anderson poster.

sowmonella

Good Luck Coach Smith. :razorback:
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

a0ashle

Quote from: 12247 on January 09, 2017, 02:36:24 pm

Not meeting expectations here doesn't make Robb Smith a bad coach, CBB is professional enough to understand that, HV spewed venom at Ash too, he wasn't a bad coach. Not to mention him moving saves us a buyout of 850k.

a0ashle

I honestly wish the best for Robb, he had a part in the 2014 defense, and that was a fun ride. Wish we could have kept on it like that, but it doesn't always workout how you expect.

LZH

Quote from: elksnort on January 09, 2017, 01:35:30 pm
This is the real question.

Ponderin hit one right down the fairway on the other thread...about cleaning house. If it were my decision and my decision alone, I would give BB one more year. Not that I would really want to, but it makes sense to me right now to not run him off. If our new DC really makes a difference in 2017 that tells me that he has rassled control of his defense away from fat boy.

twistitup

Didnt he fire an oline coach midseason at wisky?
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

AirWarren

Probably got tired of being reminded how stupid and ignorant the entire Arkansas fanbase can be.

hogblitz

I sure hope that it is not Rhoades that lands the job.  Nothing against Rhoades.  It just makes Bielema look like a complete idiot once again.  The reason being because he sacrificed the last half of the season by not firing Smith and inserting Rhoades when he was going to lead the defense anyway.  It should have happened after 543 yards rushing allowed against auburn. It shows he was not looking out for the best interest of the team and cares more about his buddies or image if this happens.   

hawginbigd1

No particular enjoyment, but a change had to be made, wish him well! I want Segrest to go as well, bring back patridge.

ricepig

Quote from: hogblitz on January 09, 2017, 03:12:15 pm
I sure hope that it is not Rhoades that lands the job.  Nothing against Rhoades.  It just makes Bielema look like a complete idiot once again.  The reason being because he sacrificed the last half of the season by not firing Smith and inserting Rhoades when he was going to lead the defense anyway.  It should have happened after 543 yards rushing allowed against auburn. It shows he was not looking out for the best interest of the team and cares more about his buddies or image if this happens.   

Maybe he thought Smith could keep the job, build on his effort against Florida? I know Florida sucked, but you would have thought even they could have gained yards against us, considering how bad we were......

Dropkick

He blocked cry babies on Twitter?

forrest city joe

Quote from: LR Hog on January 09, 2017, 02:23:53 pm
The full article on ESPN website site says we will likely hire within.  Paul Rhoades mentioned because he used to run a 3-4. 
Just like i feared.bad mistake in my opinion if this is true. the Bad-Aid of Rhodes will not get it. this defense does not need a small makeover. it needs a house cleaning.

Kevin

wonder what the defense will look like at both schools next year?

if we line up the same way, and play the same schemes then we know our dc might not have been the problem.

going into year 5 and now working on dc number 3. both previous dc's where basically asked to leave.
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

a0ashle

Quote from: LZH on January 09, 2017, 03:10:19 pm
Ponderin hit one right down the fairway on the other thread...about cleaning house. If it were my decision and my decision alone, I would give BB one more year. Not that I would really want to, but it makes sense to me right now to not run him off. If our new DC really makes a difference in 2017 that tells me that he has rassled control of his defense away from fat boy.

I don't get it. Are you saying CBB took over the defense in year 2-3 of RS's tenure, but gave him full control in year 1? This CBB meddling narrative is ignorant and falls on its face the second anyone spends anytime thinking it through.

factchecker

Oh my god....he blocked you on twitter.

It's ok:

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Youngsta71701

About the same amount of time he waste looking for transfers a place to play. I don't see anything wrong with it. If that's his way of weeding people out of the program that don't need or want to be here then so be it.
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

LZH

Quote from: a0ashle on January 09, 2017, 03:15:47 pm
I don't get it. Are you saying CBB took over the defense in year 2-3 of RS's tenure, but gave him full control in year 1? This CBB meddling narrative is ignorant and falls on its face the second anyone spends anytime thinking it through.

I don't have the slightest idea. It just seems that we have regressed as a defense. I thought Smith was the reason that we were so good in 2014, but maybe it was because of the players we had.

I have always expected our defense to be good because BB was a defensive coordinator and I was confident that he knew what he was doing. Now, I really don't know.

HF#1

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on January 09, 2017, 03:19:32 pm
About the same amount of time he waste looking for transfers a place to play. I don't see anything wrong with it. If that's his way of weeding people out of the program that don't need or want to be here then so be it.

Complex

Youngsta71701

Quote from: a0ashle on January 09, 2017, 03:15:47 pm
Exactly, I thought his defense was pretty good in year 1... ??? ...Still was vanilla but good.

Razorbackers

If the end of January came around and Robb still hadn't found a new job, he would have been let go.

We've been hunting for a new DC since the season ended.

HF#1

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on January 09, 2017, 03:19:32 pm

What is the benefit.

forrest city joe

hawgsalot

Uh your assuming we haven't started a search.  It's really pretty simple, Rob I'm sorry but we've got to make a change.  Go to the coaches convention find another gig or by Jan 15 I've got to officially fire you.  I'll give you a good reference if anyone calls.  Thanks for your time here. 

Youngsta71701

Quote from: HF#1 on January 09, 2017, 03:21:38 pm
What is the benefit.
Weeding the people out that shouldn't be here and keeps his name as one of the good guys in the coaching profession.

longpig

Are you complaining?
Don't be scared, be smart.

longpig

Quote from: rhog1 on January 09, 2017, 02:44:37 pm
I was reading the Minnesota board to see their fans reactions. Not really very happy, they don't seem to like how happy Hog fans are to see him go. But serious question is gohogs14 on every fan forum on the internet? lol

Get what you pay for.
Don't be scared, be smart.

factchecker

Quote from: longpig on January 09, 2017, 03:24:47 pm
Are you complaining?

Dude.... can you blame him.  He got blocked on twitter.

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Tusks

Quote from: Razorbackers on January 09, 2017, 03:21:35 pm
If the end of January came around and Robb still hadn't found a new job, he would have been let go.

We've been hunting for a new DC since the season ended.

CBB should have started looking after the first play of the auburn game.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

Biggus Piggus

None. He's not involved at all. SMH.
[CENSORED]!

Hogwild

Quote from: twistitup on January 09, 2017, 03:10:27 pm
Didnt he fire an oline coach midseason at wisky?

Yes Markson, he coached with Nutt for almost a decade at Boise, here, and Ole Miss.

pigture perfect

Quote from: forrest city joe on January 09, 2017, 03:21:48 pm
Can you blame them? i just thank god he is out of here.
this a blatant example of a double standard. Would you be saying the same thing if this were TJ Cleveland or Melvin Watkins? I'd bet my granny's walker you would be kicking rocks.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

sshawg

Where's the guy that said, "he's not going anywhere " ?

PonderinHog

Quote from: sshawg on January 09, 2017, 03:41:48 pm
Where's the guy that said, "he's not going anywhere " ?
Packing...