Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Robb Smith to Minnesota

Started by jcb03005, January 09, 2017, 01:06:44 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The Kig

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on January 09, 2017, 01:48:56 pm
What are they supposed to do with all those pitchforks and torches?

Go back to pillaging, of course.  City boys... smh.
Poker Porker

onebadrubi

Quote from: lutherheggs on January 09, 2017, 02:22:23 pm
I feel sure that this was an arranged marriage. Long found him this job. No telling what the RF paid out to Smith to get him to take it without any stink.

You're trying to hard.  Don't let your bias shine through

forrest city joe

Quote from: pigture perfect on January 09, 2017, 03:41:30 pm
this a blatant example of a double standard. Would you be saying the same thing if this were TJ Cleveland or Melvin Watkins? I'd bet my granny's walker you would be kicking rocks.
Where is Matt Zimmerman? Mike made changes. bringing in Scotty Thurman was big for recruiting. sorry but not the same.

Youngsta71701

this a blatant example of a double standard. Would you be saying the same thing if this were TJ Cleveland or Melvin Watkins? I'd bet my granny's walker you would be kicking rocks.
They don't call plays. Mike Anderson calls the plays. Two totally different situations. Your reaching...
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

forrest city joe

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on January 09, 2017, 04:04:58 pm
They don't call plays. Mike Anderson or the point guard calls the plays. Two totally different situations. Your reaching...
Yep. but why let facts get in the way.

hogcard1964

Quote from: Razorpigg on January 09, 2017, 01:28:58 pm
This come on people no need for the mob now hes gone.

Unless it's Nutt and Bobby.   ;)

hogcard1964

Quote from: HF#1 on January 09, 2017, 02:21:06 pm
He obviously does care seeing as has blocked the entire fanbase on Twitter.

Very "Trump-like"

pigture perfect

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on January 09, 2017, 04:04:58 pm
They don't call plays. Mike Anderson calls the plays. Two totally different situations. Your reaching...
Mike calls plays? Now who's reaching?
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

rzrbackramsfan

Closing time, you don't have to go to Wake Forest but you can't stay here. 

Fort Dweller

Quote from: Fatty McGee on June 03, 2012, 09:43:59 pmRabid gay rampage?  That's quite a phrase.  I picture rundown neighborhoods being gentrified by angry, fit, childless, and well dressed mobs.
Quote from: sharpd1 on September 23, 2012, 08:33:21 pmSome of the people posting on here aren't good at brain stuff.
Quote from: PonderinHog on June 26, 2013, 11:15:49 pm
What if he chews a Poptart into the shape of two men holding hands - or worse?
Quote from: PharmacistHog on February 19, 2015, 10:09:07 am
Did you really click on the "report to moderator" button.  And not only that but do it on yourself? 

forrest city joe

Quote from: pigture perfect on January 09, 2017, 04:09:33 pm
Mike calls plays? Now who's reaching?
Make up your mind. you guys have been saying for years he just rolls the ball out there.you are reaching.

forrest city joe

And how did Mike's name even come up in this Robb Smith football thread. you folks that want Mike out never stop.

Jim Harris

Quote from: twistitup on January 09, 2017, 03:10:27 pm
Didnt he fire an oline coach midseason at wisky?

No, he fired him after week 2 in 2012 and replaced him with a GA. I'm not sure he's outright "fired" a coach other than Markuson, the one in question.
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

go hogues

Quote from: LZH on January 09, 2017, 01:16:25 pm
I wish him well also. But, will we really see any change next year with a new DC?
Nope. Same 2 and 3 star talent on defense...

BUT there had to be a sacrificial lamb for Mizzou and VT.
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

hoglady

Quote from: LZH on January 09, 2017, 01:16:25 pm
I wish him well also. But, will we really see any change next year with a new DC?

That's the 64,000 $ question, isn't it?
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

a0ashle

Quote from: go hogues on January 09, 2017, 05:28:27 pm

Mizzou yes, VT? That wasn't the defense. Ya'll don't want to admit it but we were agressive to the point of recklessness, that and we need players to handle adversity better, not sure how you teach that, but our youngsters have more attitude in the right ways (or so it seems so far) them growing up a bit might do the trick.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Suidae Suis Scrofa on January 09, 2017, 01:11:21 pm
It'll be interesting to see how the Gopher defense progresses under Smith and Fleck.

-phil

I wonder what happens if it regresses..........................
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

King Kong

Quote from: Jim Harris on January 09, 2017, 05:13:31 pm
No, he fired him after week 2 in 2012 and replaced him with a GA. I'm not sure he's outright "fired" a coach other than Markuson, the one in question.

Now you can be sure he has

http://host.madison.com/sports/college/football/hankwitz-fired-amid-uw-football-staff-shake-up-jan/article_387def61-4f7c-55f2-afdf-340434972408.html

I thought you were paid to know this stuff?

Wildhog

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

wachhog

Quote from: ricepig on January 09, 2017, 01:23:51 pm
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice......
Ya think BB is getting ready to fool us again?

Sugar Free Hog

Plot twist: Bret names Segrest as new DC.
Razorbacks-Grizzlies-Titans-Red Sox

Fort Dweller

Quote from: Fatty McGee on June 03, 2012, 09:43:59 pmRabid gay rampage?  That's quite a phrase.  I picture rundown neighborhoods being gentrified by angry, fit, childless, and well dressed mobs.
Quote from: sharpd1 on September 23, 2012, 08:33:21 pmSome of the people posting on here aren't good at brain stuff.
Quote from: PonderinHog on June 26, 2013, 11:15:49 pm
What if he chews a Poptart into the shape of two men holding hands - or worse?
Quote from: PharmacistHog on February 19, 2015, 10:09:07 am
Did you really click on the "report to moderator" button.  And not only that but do it on yourself? 

King Kong

hawgmasta

Quote from: daprospecta on January 09, 2017, 02:02:44 pm
I will. His players quit, consistently.  Coaches allow that type of thing and that's why I think CBB needs to go as well.  At least this is a start.

I never wanna bash a guy but if we're allowed to bash anyone on this board I'm assuming it's the coaches because these are grown men who get paid a lot of money. And yes, his players seemingly giving up on him was the thing that sealed his fate in my opinion. If your playing college ball you have talent, maybe not Alabama wise but if you give effort as a unit you should have some pressure; they obviously didn't even care some games. . . That was disturbing.

TDHawgs

Wish him the best.. and us the best

East Clintwood

I'm glad he's moving to a better situation.

Changes needed to happen but this isn't the change we need.  It really won't help much.
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

Youngsta71701

Quote from: Fort Dweller on January 09, 2017, 04:25:38 pm
"MOVE" is a play.
"MOVE" is a play for Coach Cal so why can't it be a play for Coach A?
You hear every coach in America calling for their players to move from time to time. Motion is a part of the game. You can't just stand there an expect to get open and score.
That's if you know anything about the game of basketball... ???

Youngsta71701

Quote from: go hogues on January 09, 2017, 05:28:27 pm

How hard is it for some to understand that the right coach can make 2 and 3 stars look and play like 4 and 5 stars? A good coach can scheme around weaknesses and deficiencies and put their players in the best possible position to succeed.

Youngsta71701

January 10, 2017, 08:08:55 am #129 Last Edit: January 10, 2017, 10:23:00 am by Youngsta71701
Quote from: a0ashle on January 09, 2017, 05:50:11 pm
Mizzou yes, VT? That wasn't the defense. Ya'll don't want to admit it but we were agressive to the point of recklessness, that and we need players to handle adversity better, not sure how you teach that, but our youngsters have more attitude in the right ways (or so it seems so far) them growing up a bit might do the trick.
Exactly. We were up 24-0 at the half and in the third quarter when we got the ball first, 11 of our next 15 plays were pass plays. 2 sacks, 2 fumbles, 1 punt, and 2 interceptions later the score was 24-21. Now how much sense does that make to come out passing the ball that much when you have a 24-0 lead. This is not a video game people this is a real life college football game.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: East Clintwood on January 09, 2017, 09:19:32 pm
I'm glad he's moving to a better situation.

Changes needed to happen but this isn't the change we need.  It really won't help much.
Time will tell. It certainly can't get worse than the product he put on the field. BTW, just curious, what is the change we need?

GuvHog

Quote from: a0ashle on January 09, 2017, 03:15:47 pm
I don't get it. Are you saying CBB took over the defense in year 2-3 of RS's tenure, but gave him full control in year 1? This CBB meddling narrative is ignorant and falls on its face the second anyone spends anytime thinking it through.

Actually no it isn't.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

lutherheggs

Quote from: factchecker on January 09, 2017, 03:16:23 pm
Oh my god....he blocked you on twitter.

It's ok:

Bielema blocked everyone on Twitter. Check his Twitter account.

PorkRinds

Quote from: lutherheggs on January 10, 2017, 09:26:25 am
Bielema blocked everyone on Twitter. Check his Twitter account.
He didn't block me.

lutherheggs

Quote from: PorkRinds on January 10, 2017, 09:27:41 am
He didn't block me.
I am blocked and I have never tweeted to him or about him. Just follow him. He does not know me from Adam and does not know if I am a Hog fan or not.

Pork Twain

I pray you actually understand the great difference between basketball and football and that they should never be compared in any way.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

JIHawg

He uses it for recruiting.  It makes sense that he would block out the negative Nancys.  Recruits read his account.

PorkRinds

Quote from: lutherheggs on January 10, 2017, 09:28:45 am
I am blocked and I have never tweeted to him or about him. Just follow him. He does not know me from Adam and does not know if I am a Hog fan or not.

You said he. Blocked everyone. That's not true. I'm not blocked.

Hawg Life

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on January 10, 2017, 08:08:55 am
Exactly. We were up 24-0 at the half and in the third quarter when we got the ball first, 11 or our next 15 plays were pass plays. 2 sacks, 2 fumbles, 1 punt, and 2 interceptions later the score was 24-21. Now how much sense does that make to come out passing the ball that much when you have a 24-0 lead. This is not a video game people this is a real life college football game.

We had 20 yards rushing the entire game!!

a0ashle

Quote from: GuvHog on January 10, 2017, 08:22:18 am
Actually no it isn't.

Guys, did I just get Guv'ed? Oh I hope I just Guv'ed

a0ashle

Quote from: Hawg Life on January 10, 2017, 09:37:52 am

And the complaint has been that CBB gets stubborn on the run in the second half (even when it isn't working) and is too conservative. They weren't that with VT, they were the extreme opposite. if you ask me, the players tried too hard to not let mizzou happen again, and they got reckless.

P.s. In other words, they let mizzou beat them twice.

code red

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on January 10, 2017, 08:08:55 am
Exactly. We were up 24-0 at the half and in the third quarter when we got the ball first, 11 or our next 15 plays were pass plays. 2 sacks, 2 fumbles, 1 punt, and 2 interceptions later the score was 24-21. Now how much sense does that make to come out passing the ball that much when you have a 24-0 lead. This is not a video game people this is a real life college football game.
I am glad some other people noticed this as well. We could have run at least 25 minutes of the clock in the second half by just running the ball and throwing boots and waggles in the flat.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

a0ashle

Quote from: code red on January 10, 2017, 09:45:37 am
I am glad some other people noticed this as well. We could have run at least 25 minutes of the clock in the second half by just running the ball and throwing boots and waggles in the flat.

I just wish some on here would 1. Stop calling VT play calling conservative. 2. Realize that they got the agressive half they asked for and it still didn't work out. 3. Execution > Playcalling.

Edit:
4.the defense didn't lose that game. The offense did.

Youngsta71701

So just stop running the ball? Even with a 24 point lead after the half? That's the answer huh? You have to be patient with the run game. That is the key. Even if your not picking up 5 yard per carry you still have to stay balanced to keep the defense off balance. If you become one dimensional and they know your going to pass the ball on every play or almost every play their percentages of getting sacks, creating fumbles, causing intentional groundings, or getting interceptions go way up. Sometimes it's not the quality of the run that matters it's quantity of the run that matters. Them knowing that you will at least attempt to run the ball is what matters when it comes to staying balanced and keeping them guessing.

I'm seriously starting to question if some of you really know much about football... ??? ...Some of you think that every running play is designed to pick up 5 yards plus a carry. All though that would be nice that is just not realistic and that is just not the case. Sometimes runs are meant to set up a certain pass. Sometimes runs are meant to run out the clock. Sometimes runs are meant to set up other runs. Sometimes you run the ball just to protect the lead. You don't have to pick up 5 yards for a running play to be successful. As long as it serves it's purpose it is successful.

Youngsta71701

Also your adding in the QB runs, scrambles, sacks, and intentional groundings that count against the run game. Rawleigh had 12 carries for 36 yards. Which is not great but it's not bad enough to just give up on the run either.

Youngsta71701

Also I'm guessing you would rather turn the ball over and give them a short field rather than run the ball and punt with a 24 lead. Sometimes punting is not a bad thing. Situational football people. That is what we suck at right now... :puke:

Youngsta71701

Quote from: code red on January 10, 2017, 09:45:37 am
+1, If we wanted to pass the ball so bad how about some short safe passes with the option to run if need be.

311Hog

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on January 10, 2017, 10:24:44 am
Also I'm guessing you would rather turn the ball over and give them a short field rather than run the ball and punt with a 24 lead. Sometimes punting is not a bad thing. Situational football people. That is what we suck at right now... :puke:

We sucked at overcoming adversity.  Why i have no idea, but soon as the tide turns we folded.  You would think the team of the Henry Heave and the Miracle on Markhams x 2 etc. etc would be very resilient but not this season.  We choked in the 2nd half.

redleg

Glad you've got all of the answers Youngsta71701.....the rest of us are just a bunch of lame-brains.  :-X
:razorback:
If it ain't broke, fix it till it is.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: a0ashle on January 10, 2017, 09:50:15 am
I just wish some on here would 1. Stop calling VT play calling conservative. 2. Realize that they got the agressive half they asked for and it still didn't work out. 3. Execution > Playcalling.

Edit:
4.the defense didn't lose that game. The offense did.
No doubt, IMO we came out too aggressive. And that goes for both the play calling and the players. Morgan has to know that the ball is more important than yards at the point and Allen has to know that if nothing is there either check it down, run, or eat it. Turnovers are the only thing at the point that get them back in the game that fast.