Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Do Defensive Coordinators like to bring in their own guys ?

Started by Elvis P Hogg, January 06, 2017, 04:27:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Elvis P Hogg

Since coaching is like a fraternity, do they usually respond by wanting to bring in their own linebacker coach, DL coach, Db coach etc, kind of like a Head Coach cleaning house when taking over a program,  or do they play the hand they are dealt?

RebelliousHog

Apparantly no one has an opinion. I suspect it depends on the school and situation. I would think that if a coach of a certain position was doing a bang up job the HC would want to keep him, unless the new coordinator made it an issue.

Not sure there's a cut and dried answer.
"Some there are who are nothing else than a passage for food and augmenters of excrement and fillers of privies, because through them no other things in the world, nor any good effects are produced, since nothing but full privies results from them."<br />―Leonardo da Vinci

PonderinHog

Well, we know head coaches do when they change jobs.  DC's not so much?

ricepig

Quote from: PonderinHog on January 06, 2017, 05:11:03 pm
Well, we know head coaches do when they change jobs.  DC's not so much?

Well, if you stay at Arkansas, they change every year, anyway. I don't remember Smith bringing in anyone.

I believe most coordinators would like to bring in coaches they personally know to be good and easy to work with.  But most don't have a choice and must use what the HC wants them to use.  Coordinators know that the caliber of coaches under them will determine the success of the team and how they appear as coordinators.

Hawgar The Horrible

Quote from: 12247 on January 06, 2017, 07:46:06 pm
I believe most coordinators would like to bring in coaches they personally know to be good and easy to work with.  But most don't have a choice and must use what the HC wants them to use.  Coordinators know that the caliber of coaches under them will determine the success of the team and how they appear as coordinators.

So what you're saying is coordinators are burdened by their head coaches. I don't know why they put up with that nonsense.
There are fans and there are supporters. The latter carries the weight.

RazorPiggie

I'd say most HC will consult with the Coordinator to make sure they are at least good with the possible hire.

But this is just my opinion.

PonderinHog

I guess it depends on how many coaching openings there are on that side of the LOS and when those openings occur.

Sooie71923

Bringing in their own players would be more help. Or maybe it wouldn't.

I don't remember seeing a coordinator bringing in his own d staff. The head coach builds the staff.

jackflash

BB might let him recommend some one but BB doesn't like him he won't be here