Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New DC

Started by mizzouman, January 06, 2017, 02:29:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

mizzouman

BB needs to look down at the 'U' for his next DC.  Former Mizzou DL coach and current Miami DL coach.

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: mizzouman on January 06, 2017, 02:29:48 pm
BB needs to look down at the 'U' for his next DC.  Former Mizzou DL coach and current Miami DL coach.

Manny Diaz isn't leaving his hometown ...
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

The_Iceman

I'd rather go with Bob Diaco.

ShadowTheHedgehog

Well, with this suggestion coming from a Mizzou guy I dunno ..... I bet you guys were pretty happy with our D this year :)

mizzouman

Quote from: The_Bionic_Pig on January 06, 2017, 02:31:40 pm
Manny isn't the current DL coach at Miami

hogcard1964

Why not Wilford Brimley?

JackJohnson

No he should have just fired Segrest last year and hired Kuligowski as DL coach

mizzouman

Quote from: ShadowTheHedgehog on January 06, 2017, 02:33:13 pm
Well, with this suggestion coming from a Mizzou guy I dunno ..... I bet you guys were pretty happy with our D this year :)
Haha.  That win was a fluke.  But I'll take it.

Craig Kuligowski.  He's the perfect fit.

RazorPiggie

The_Iceman

Quote from: The_Bionic_Pig on January 06, 2017, 02:31:40 pm

He is talking about Craig Kuligowski.

sickboy

Quote from: The_Iceman on January 06, 2017, 02:37:02 pm
He is talking about Craig Kuligowski.

THE Craig Kuligowski?

NoogaHog

I posted this in another thread, but it fits better here.

Just a question. I know everyone is talking about Diaco, Partridge, and Rhoads, but what do we know about Tracy Claeys? Apparently he has the personality of a tree stump, and he is a little tone-deaf with his tweet supporting gang rapists. But can he coach? I know that a lot of Wake people thought he was going there. I was just wondering what others here thought.
Слава Богу - Slava Bogu - "Glory to God"

CrookedSquealliry

Potosihog

Go get Steckel from Missouri State.

Mizzou had a salty defense with him as their DC.  Strong recruiter.  He's probably about ready to look at options since MSU has been a dumpster fire.

RebelW

Jack Curtis is the DC for Tulane. Would be a very good hire IMO

mizzouman

Quote from: Potosihog on January 06, 2017, 02:47:48 pm

Mizzou had a salty defense with him as their DC.  Strong recruiter.  He's probably about ready to look at options since MSU has been a dumpster fire.
Doubt he leaves MO State for a coordinator position.  If he doesn't get a HC job, he'll just retire. But, stranger things have happened.

farmhawg

It doesn't matter, whomever is hired will be the best DC we will ever have hired.

From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

Tusks

sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: mizzouman on January 06, 2017, 02:34:10 pm
Haha.  That win was a fluke.  But I'll take it.

Craig Kuligowski.  He's the perfect fit.

Thanks Mizzou... I'm behind the times
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

ricepig

Quote from: farmhawg on January 06, 2017, 02:56:02 pm
It doesn't matter, whomever is hired will be the best DC we will ever have hired.

I didn't figure you as a party line type of guy......

moto625

CBB, will look to promote from within before looking anywhere for a DC you can count on that!  ::hornsdown:: ::hornsdown:: ::hornsdown::

hvsupastar

We should probably all be able to agree, that its not going to be a big name we are all guessing. 
"Do not believe everything you read on the internet just because it has quotations next to the image of someone prominent" - Abraham Lincoln

Trystran

Quote from: hvsupastar on January 06, 2017, 03:13:19 pm
We should probably all be able to agree, that its not going to be a big name we are all guessing.

...or hoping for.

TexasRazorback

Lets go get Todd Grantham from Louisville, Has SEC experience as well as a solid track record in recruiting and sending kids to the Pros

bennyl08

This one would be a stretch to get, but Pete Kwiatkowski, UW's DC.

His defense has been able to get some stud players drafted since he's been there and they did enough to beat Bama in the playoff game, just that their offense didn't. Given that we put up 30 points on their defense...

He coached good defenses at Montana St, Boise St, and now UW. Base salary of 600k, which is already coming off of a raise from 400k and a 2 year extension a year ago. Namely, we could definitely afford him.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

Dropkick

Who are the best 3-4 scheme guys that might be available?

bennyl08

Quote from: Dropkick on January 06, 2017, 03:19:14 pm
Who are the best 3-4 scheme guys that might be available?

Rob Ryan?
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

King Kong

Quote from: TexasRazorback on January 06, 2017, 03:18:03 pm
Lets go get Todd Grantham from Louisville, Has SEC experience as well as a solid track record in recruiting and sending kids to the Pros

Doubt we will pay that much and we would have to make a spot for his brother as well

harrisburghog

With the current state of the program what quality DC would take the job?

ricepig

Quote from: harrisburghog on January 06, 2017, 03:40:26 pm
With the current state of the program what quality DC would take the job?

One looking for a 3yr guaranteed contract.

WriterWrong

Quote from: TexasRazorback on January 06, 2017, 03:18:03 pm

Grantham would be a great hire for any school, but I doubt we try that road. Be great if we could get him though.

Would've been nice to get a guy like Phil Snow if he hadn't followed Rhule to Baylor.

Ed Pinkham at Western Michigan has done a solid job.

OnYourToes

Quote from: Potosihog on January 06, 2017, 02:47:48 pm

I live near Springfield MO and have heard this from a couple of people here people around here. 

It makes a little bit of sense and he is not doing that great at MO State. I would like to see it.  His defenses were always good at MIZ and he is a good enough recruiter to fill in some gaps.  The problem with coming from an FCS school is that he most likely wouldn't be able to bring any of the caliber of recruits we need. 

Quote from: Fresh Legs on September 22, 2006, 09:56:48 am
Quote from: OnYourToes on September 22, 2006, 09:48:23 am
The wife's b-day was this past Tuesday, I got her a gift certifiacte for a message, she is going to redeem it Saturday, around 2:35ish.  I had it planned all along.  House to myself, game on, free to yell as loud as I can!!!!!

You sir are a genius!

mizzouman

Quote from: OnYourToes on January 06, 2017, 03:48:48 pm
I live near Springfield MO and have heard this from a couple of people here people around here. 

It makes a little bit of sense and he is not doing that great at MO State. I would like to see it.  His defenses were always good at MIZ and he is a good enough recruiter to fill in some gaps.  The problem with coming from an FCS school is that he most likely wouldn't be able to bring any of the caliber of recruits we need. 

Stranger things have happened.  But, when he was only going to leave Mizzou for a HC job or retire.  I don't think he wants to be a DC anymore.  He'd rather be a HC at a high school. 

But, things could have changed with him since he left. 

Tsarcasm

"Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak." – Steven Wright

GrouchyOldGuy

Quote from: farmhawg on January 06, 2017, 02:56:02 pm
Alsolutly

Sooie71923

LOL I love the speculation.

If y'all have learned anything from CBB it will be a name y'all haven't mentioned, heard of or want.

Y'all want these coaches now but will be "unimpressed" when one is hired.

It'll be a good D.C.  Let's just hope the players get better. Because it could be Dr Sues with great players and y'all will want lifetime contracts or it could be Nick Saban with average players and wanna fire him in the middle of the night.

younghog

Quote from: ricepig on January 06, 2017, 03:43:03 pm
One looking for a 3yr guaranteed contract.

That will not be offered.. come on man
GO HOGS

ricepig

Quote from: younghog on January 06, 2017, 04:20:59 pm
That will not be offered.. come on man

Why wouldn't it?

Pigasaurus

Yes, he will pull someone from somewhere between left field and his a$$.  And 1/2 will say yay and half will say boo.
"If I wanted you to know what I was thinking, I would be talking."  Al Bundy

Dropkick

The more I think about it, it will probably be Rhodes and we'll hire another DB coach who is a good recruiter. Maybe they jettison Segrist too and bring Charlie back. I would be okay with that scenario.

WooPig90

Quote from: Dropkick on January 06, 2017, 04:38:12 pm
The more I think about it, it will probably be Rhodes and we'll hire another DB coach who is a good recruiter. Maybe they jettison Segrist too and bring Charlie back. I would be okay with that scenario.

This is what im thinking. Seems the most likely

jgphillips3

Partridge = immediate upgrade in recruiting...especially FL.  I hope we can bring him back.  Rhodes, if he even wants it, isn't a bad choice.  I think there are a few better choices available who bring something new to the table...like Diaco.

PorkSoda

I don't know.  Rhodes would be a fall back plan.  if we go that route, it would make me think our program is toxic and nobody wants the job.

I'd love to bring Patridge back for DLine, but I don't know that he is the answer at DC.

I think we hire another young up and comer right after the coaches conference.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

longtimeHogfan

Rhodes.  Then let him clean house.
I don't like to plan my day because then the word premeditated comes into the conversation.

Sooie71923

Remember, great recruiters that recruit great elsewhere, don't translate to great recruiters at Arkansas.

Hawghiggs

Charlie Partridge.

PorkSoda

Quote from: longtimeHogfan on January 06, 2017, 04:58:08 pm
Rhodes.  Then let him clean house.
Rhodes has been here the whole time.  if he could have fixed our problems why didn't he?

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

Pigsknuckles

My wife (OU fan) wants us to take Mike Stoops off their hands.
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

The Kig

Quote from: sickboy on January 06, 2017, 02:39:08 pm
THE Craig Kuligowski?

Are there multiple Craig Kuligowski's?  Somehow, I doubt it's like Smith or Brown... can't be that many of them.
Poker Porker

The Kig

Quote from: PorkSoda on January 06, 2017, 05:14:59 pm
Rhodes has been here the whole time.  if he could have fixed our problems why didn't he?

Paul Rhoads has only been here 1 year and I would say that the DB's were easily the most improved unit on the team this year.  Not sure about Rhodes...or even who that is.  With his background, I didn't think he would stay as the DB coach for long.  Whether that meant going somewhere else or getting promoted here, just wasn't going to be a long term plan.
Poker Porker