Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

For OUR situation give me Bielema any day

Started by Sourpuss, January 03, 2017, 10:24:39 am

Previous topic - Next topic

lumphog

Quote from: Sourpuss on January 03, 2017, 10:24:39 am
Even over Saban. 

I honestly think it takes a big picture guy like CBB to draw them into NWA.  I think youd see Sabans effectiveness mitigated at a school like Arkansas.  Saban has NEVER had to build a program like AR. 

Bielema on the other hand is a marketer.  It takes a seller to sell an up and comer like Arkansas.  Bielema understands what many of us don't. "You'll ALWAYS catch more flies with honey."  Saban doesnt have any honey on campus. Nothing but bitter sewer water from the minute you step aboard. 

My point is, before im sent to hell by most of this board, is when you arent winning, you need a coach like Good Time Charlie.  He listens to Reggae. Wears sandals. He has a pack of loveable yorkies.  What he offers many of these kids is the one thing Saban cant. Or wont. Family.  A place they belong. 

Do you think Saban EVER stopped to have a beer with the fans after a game and say thx?  Yeah, me niether. 

It will take a guy like CBB to get it done here. 

What most wont do is acknowledge that with Kirkland alone we win two more games by being able to run the ball. 

For some who just want a big name this wont make sense. Fair enough. Im a true fan, behind our coach. Go HOGS!
Sourpuss.......you are exactly right. There are some REAL Dumbasses on here. I'm NOT happy with how we finished,BUT CBB WILL FIX IT!!!! Give the man some time....He will win it all

Sourpuss

Quote from: EastexHawg on January 03, 2017, 04:17:05 pm
Now I know you are trolling.  Thank goodness for you, because if you actually believed all you are saying...
we mock what we don't understand

LZH

BB wouldn't even land a spot anywhere on Saban's staff.

Sourpuss

Quote from: lumphog on January 03, 2017, 04:17:22 pm
Sourpuss.......you are exactly right. There are some REAL Dumbasses on here. I'm NOT happy with how we finished,BUT CBB WILL FIX IT!!!! Give the man some time....He will win it all
I dont know if he will, but the days of winning like Broyels did are done. Different time. But one thing I will believe is that if we win it all, it WILL be a coach that either is Bret Bielema or is cut from the same cloth. Marketing is instrumental. Free marketing(like he gets) is even better.

The OTR

Nick Saban hires coaches who eat boogers

and they's Bammers defending him over it.  :o

BOOGERS SOURPUSS!  :puke:

Sourpuss

Quote from: LZH on January 03, 2017, 04:19:34 pm
BB wouldn't even land a spot anywhere on Saban's staff.
I couldn't agree more.  Very different styles. Saban sees the media as something to be managed. For Bielema the media is a tool.

010HogFan

Quote from: Sourpuss on January 03, 2017, 04:24:17 pm
I couldn't agree more.  Very different styles. Saban sees the media as something to be managed. For Bielema the media is a tool.

and for the media, Bielema is a tool

007 License To Squeal

******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

majp51

Quote from: Sourpuss on January 03, 2017, 04:24:17 pm

Funny but Lane Kiffin is the same type of Media Manipulator as CBB, so Saban can live with such people if the results are good.

But therein lies the problem, and the root of LZH;s point. CBB hasn't even put his money where is mouth is. He's Charles Barkley's mouth with Shawn Bradley's skill.

HOGSWEAT

I'm more interested in watching us win with my buddies, than watching us lose with a buddy type of guy.

Sourpuss

Quote from: 010HogFan on January 03, 2017, 04:28:26 pm
and for the media, Bielema is a tool
you see a "tool". I see a symbiotic relationship.  Have you ever been young? Slipped off to New Orleans for a weekend and hooked up at a dance hall?  With a man or a woman (don't know your preference since I dont know you).  Bielema understands that he doesn't have to marry Bo Mattingly or ESPN. He just has to keep them happy for a while.  In exchange he gets marketing.  They are a means to an end.  Free marketing. Every time he calls a game. Free marketing.  Symbiotic means that each side gets a little of what they want. 

Sourpuss

Quote from: majp51 on January 03, 2017, 04:31:50 pm
Funny but Lane Kiffin is the same type of Media Manipulator as CBB, so Saban can live with such people if the results are good.

But therein lies the problem, and the root of LZH;s point. CBB hasn't even put his money where is mouth is. He's Charles Barkley's mouth with Shawn Bradley's skill.
lane is WAY more intense than CBB. Apples to lag bolts

Sourpuss

Quote from: AR Taco04 on January 03, 2017, 04:39:39 pm
I'm more interested in watching us win with my buddies, than watching us lose with a buddy type of guy.
hes not going to lose forever.  He is in the marketing phase. Give it time

Sourpuss

And one more thing. For those of you that it is as simple as bringing in Saban, how do you think he treats his players? Do you think players don't talk about being berated on national tv?

Bret treats the players like family more than Saban does.  I wouldn't be surprised if  at half time of cold games the players get hot chocolate and coffee and get to take their shoulder pads off when the temperatures are hot and they get ice cold Gatorade to help quench their thirst.  All the comforts of home.  I bet Satan makes them drink water from a water fountain while he chews them out for only being ahead by 30.  Our players deserve to be treated like human beings.  They are OUR KIDS.  People need to keep that in mind.  Karma.  Personally I don't want a bad vibe on campus and that is exactly what Saban brings to the table.  Negative publicity this week (which he had to manage) before the championship game.  Embarrassing!  I want a coach we can be proud of...and luckily we have one I am proud of.

HOGSWEAT

Quote from: Sourpuss on January 03, 2017, 04:49:52 pm
And one more thing. For those of you that it is as simple as bringing in Saban, how do you think he treats his players? Do you think players don't talk about being berated on national tv?

Bret treats the players like family more than Saban does.  I wouldn't be surprised if  at half time of cold games the players get hot chocolate and coffee and get to take their shoulder pads off when the temperatures are hot and they get ice cold Gatorade to help quench their thirst.  All the comforts of home.  I bet Satan makes them drink water from a water fountain while he chews them out for only being ahead by 30.  Our players deserve to be treated like human beings.  They are OUR KIDS.  People need to keep that in mind.  Karma.  Personally I don't want a bad vibe on campus and that is exactly what Saban brings to the table.  Negative publicity this week (which he had to manage) before the championship game.  Embarrassing!  I want a coach we can be proud of...and luckily we have one I am proud of.

They're too busy cashing in their NFL checks to be concerned with it

010HogFan

Quote from: Sourpuss on January 03, 2017, 04:42:10 pm
you see a "tool". I see a symbiotic relationship.  Have you ever been young? Slipped off to New Orleans for a weekend and hooked up at a dance hall?  With a man or a woman (don't know your preference since I dont know you).  Bielema understands that he doesn't have to marry Bo Mattingly or ESPN. He just has to keep them happy for a while.  In exchange he gets marketing.  They are a means to an end.  Free marketing. Every time he calls a game. Free marketing.  Symbiotic means that each side gets a little of what they want. 

I know what you mean but it was right there. Just a softball.

010HogFan

You've gotta be trolling and if you are you're pretty good at it. But I'll bite. What is this tiddly winks? It's football dude, if you want to make friends go to the union and set up a lemonade stand or something. I want my coach to shed blood, sweat, and tears just like I do if I'm a player. Bret only sweats

majp51

Quote from: Sourpuss on January 03, 2017, 04:44:27 pm

Marketing only works when you have a useful product. Steve Jobs wasn't mouthing off to the world with the Lisa or the Newton, but with the iPhone. He had something truly viable to market and he did.

Notice though how under Alvarez's control CBB won more and mouthed off less.

WilsonHog

hhousewps

If Saba said tomorrow he wanted to coach at Arkansas you'd have to be brain dead to turn him down. If nothing else you get to see if Arkansas is really handicapped by location to the extent people think.

AFWarrior83

Saban could win big at any P5 school after all the success he's had!

Bielema is a marketing major, so no doubt that he can sale ideas, but that hasnt translated to wins. He's not being asked to market the hogs, he's being asked to coach the team to victory. Overall he hasn't met my expectations, especially when you consider how we found ways to lose to Mizzou and VT.

I like CBB, and I want him to be successful, but just cause he's a likeable guy doesn't mean he isn't held to a standard. I will give credit where it's due, he has put an enficis on education, which is laudable, but the student athletes aren't getting a free ride simply to graduate.

No matter what, CBB's got 2 years to get Arkansas to a major bowl or at least a double digit win season to appease my aspirations in order to earn any type of extension without any type of raise. He already makes enough to be expected to win the majority of our games.
Hogville member since 2005.

rude1

This guy is obviously trying out his material on us before heading to do his stand up act. Nobody could be this dense in light of the current affairs.

Jumpball Nostradamus

Even over Saban. 

I honestly think it takes a big picture guy like CBB to draw them into NWA.  I think youd see Sabans effectiveness mitigated at a school like Arkansas.  Saban has NEVER had to build a program like AR. 

Bielema on the other hand is a marketer.  It takes a seller to sell an up and comer like Arkansas.  Bielema understands what many of us don't. "You'll ALWAYS catch more flies with honey."  Saban doesnt have any honey on campus. Nothing but bitter sewer water from the minute you step aboard. 

My point is, before im sent to hell by most of this board, is when you arent winning, you need a coach like Good Time Charlie.  He listens to Reggae. Wears sandals. He has a pack of loveable yorkies.  What he offers many of these kids is the one thing Saban cant. Or wont. Family.  A place they belong. 

Do you think Saban EVER stopped to have a beer with the fans after a game and say thx?  Yeah, me niether. 

What most wont do is acknowledge that with Kirkland alone we win two more games by being able to run the ball. 

For some who just want a big name this wont make sense. Fair enough. Im a true fan, behind our coach. Go HOGS!

I believe Sourpuss has some excellent points here.

Arkansas is a place of class and refinement, as well as a homely backwoods area where everything is covered with just a hint of fresh pine.

CBB is an perfect match for a place like Arkansas.

It takes an stoic, gentle, and kindhearted leader to build up an program so wonderfully like Bielema has since he signed on.

I love what Sourpuss said about catching flies with honey. I believe that it is a perfect metaphor for the sweet, honeyed words that CBB has whispered into the ears of his players and fellow coaches.

Imagine a hothead like Saban strolling into a sheltered place like Arkansas with his size seven dockers. (I bet he doesn't even own cowboy boots!)

Fayetteville itself is a quaint little jewel nestled in the Ozarks where high school coaches bring donuts to players on game day.

A small salty man like Saban could never show his players the love and passion CBB shows.

I haven't been on hogville long, and I've refrained from commenting on anything up to this point, but this thread makes me proud to me and Arkansan, proud to be a Razorback, and a proud alumni of this university.

farmhawg

Quote from: rude1 on January 03, 2017, 05:32:06 pm
This guy is obviously trying out his material on us before heading to do his stand up act. Nobody could be this dense in light of the current affairs.
I'm not so sure.....
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

CarolinaSwine

Bum Phillips on The Bear:

"Bryant can take his'n and beat your'n, and then he can turn around and take your'n and beat his'n.

Same applies to Saban, it aint about location.

EastexHawg

Quote from: Sourpuss on January 03, 2017, 04:44:27 pm

One of my degrees is in Marketing and I will concede that so far Bielema's coaching combined with his fans' defenses of him are reminiscent of a marketing tactic...The Big Lie.

Martygit

Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on January 03, 2017, 04:22:41 pm
Nick Saban hires coaches who eat boogers

and they's Bammers defending him over it.  :o

BOOGERS SOURPUSS!  :puke:

Ain't nutin wrong with boogers - some of 'em taste pretty good  :o
RIP OTR, REV

DeltaBoy

Even over Saban. 

I am Tired of Waiting on Recruiting to Improve or on the Field Performance.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Jumpball Nostradamus

Quote from: DeltaBoy on January 03, 2017, 07:16:13 pm
I am Tired of Waiting on Recruiting to Improve or on the Field Performance.

I am new here, please tell me, is there a cryptic message in the random capital letters of this post?

If not, Why so Willy Nilly with the Capital Letters?

DeltaBoy

Quote from: Jumpball Nostradamus on January 03, 2017, 07:23:20 pm
I am new here, please tell me, is there a cryptic message in the random capital letters of this post?

[/quote

Sorry but if you want to play English teacher dont do it here.  I was making a point.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

26.2Hog

Quote from: Jumpball Nostradamus on January 03, 2017, 07:23:20 pm

Delta is trying out that Common Core thing.

Jumpball Nostradamus

Quote from: 26.2Hog on January 03, 2017, 08:02:31 pm
Delta is trying out that Common Core thing.

Apparently... it's a shame to see kids like him being taught incorrect grammar.

Boardon Hamsay

Saban doesn't strike me as someone that knows his way around a poker table particularly well. Probably more of a blackjack or craps kind of guy.  Probably doesn't care for peach cobbler either. And, when it comes to players, he seems all business...not afraid to drop a guy on the depth chart like a bag of door knobs if they aren't giving 115%.

Bill Belichick is the same way. No poker skills. Probably hates peach cobbler and doesn't mind dropping a player like a bag of old mango pulp for the next guy that he can plug n play into his system.

CBB seems like more of a poker guy. Probably the chatster of the table, a bit of a bluffer, and probably likes a steady stream of peach cobbler. Sure, he might drag the occasional pot while the table stays friendly but we might be better off with a guy that wants to take all the chips to the cashier and leave the pleasantries with the peach cobbler.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.
Quote from: Boardon Hamsay on April 28, 2024, 05:45:23 pmI'm a market maker of instigation

Jumpball Nostradamus

Quote from: Darrell Royal's Floating Flaming Fulminating Spectral Head on January 03, 2017, 08:04:41 pm
Saban doesn't strike me as someone that knows his way around a poker table particularly well. Probably more of a blackjack or craps kind of guy.  Probably doesn't care for peach cobbler either. And, when it comes to players, he seems all business...not afraid to drop a guy on the depth chart like a bag of door knobs if they aren't giving 115%.

Bill Belichick is the same way. No poker skills. Probably hates peach cobbler and doesn't mind dropping a player like a bag of old mango pulp for the next guy that he can plug n play into his system.

CBB seems like more of a poker guy. Probably the chatster of the table, a bit of a bluffer, and probably likes a steady stream of peach cobbler. Sure, he might drag the occasional pot while the table stays friendly but we might be better off with a guy that wants to take all the chips to the cashier and leave the pleasantries with the peach cobbler.

CBB can be sitting at a poker table with pocket kings and no one would know it. His face, however smeared by peach cobbler, would never show any emotion.

Nick Saban could be sitting at the same table with pocket aces and flop two more aces and blow a Phil Helmuth type gasket at the dealer and everyone at the table

Give me CBB and his cool, CEO like approach any day.

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: Jumpball Nostradamus on January 03, 2017, 05:39:23 pm
I believe Sourpuss has some excellent points here.

Arkansas is a place of class and refinement, as well as a homely backwoods area where everything is covered with just a hint of fresh pine.

CBB is an perfect match for a place like Arkansas.

It takes an stoic, gentle, and kindhearted leader to build up an program so wonderfully like Bielema has since he signed on.

I love what Sourpuss said about catching flies with honey. I believe that it is a perfect metaphor for the sweet, honeyed words that CBB has whispered into the ears of his players and fellow coaches.

Imagine a hothead like Saban strolling into a sheltered place like Arkansas with his size seven dockers. (I bet he doesn't even own cowboy boots!)

Fayetteville itself is a quaint little jewel nestled in the Ozarks where high school coaches bring donuts to players on game day.

A small salty man like Saban could never show his players the love and passion CBB shows.

I haven't been on hogville long, and I've refrained from commenting on anything up to this point, but this thread makes me proud to me and Arkansan, proud to be a Razorback, and a proud alumni of this university.

Good post. I tend to agree with you.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.
Quote from: Boardon Hamsay on April 28, 2024, 05:45:23 pmI'm a market maker of instigation

str8volfan

jkstock04

Even over Saban. 

One hell of a troll job.

I'm sure you were laughing typing this out...but there are many who believe this way. Wins don't matter but by God we have a "fun" coach with a TV show.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Youngsta71701

Give me someone who wins and turns boys into men. I don't care who he is or what his name is. His name could be Coach Jack In A Box for all I care. "Git Er Done"...
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

The OTR

Quote from: jkstock04 on January 03, 2017, 08:46:38 pm
One hell of a troll job.

I'm sure you were laughing typing this out...but there are many who believe this way. Wins don't matter but by God we have a "fun" coach with a TV show.

troll job?

Sourpuss

There are a LOT of people out here that see benefit to Bielema and his methods.  Some cant see it, oh well. 

PonderinHog

Redhogs

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on January 03, 2017, 10:47:59 am
I'm certain that Saban could easily recruit on the level of Beliema.  He'd be a vastly better coach too.

BTW, Beliema has never built a program either.  This is his first gig.
I think we are learning he's just not capable.
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

babo1

I like coach Bielema better than any coach we have ever had.

010HogFan

010HogFan

Quote from: Jumpball Nostradamus on January 03, 2017, 05:39:23 pm

cringeworthy

majp51

Quote from: Redhogs on January 04, 2017, 06:29:05 pm
I think we are learning he's just not capable.

I think that is a tad harsh. I think that thanks to Alvarez he presumed that programs came pre-built, and he could take over said program and put his stamp on it. He's now learning that when you essentially replace a system coach with a very different vision you have to build the program from the ground up. He didn't come in here with that kind of understanding or vision, and is learning on the job. He might become capable of building a program, but I don't think any of us will be willing to wait long enough for that.

Hawgndaaz

hawgon

I don't see the single mindedness needed to build a program at a place like Arkansas.  I'm not even saying he is lazy.  I mean he might be, but that might not be the whole story.  You have to crack the whip on assistants and the players and you have to be consistent.  If there is one thing everyone can see, it is that he seems to get complacent after a nice win or two.  That was apparent this year before Auburn.  Nutt used to do a little bit of the same thing. 

I don't know what the answer is.  I don't think it is him.  At 47 this month, his personality is what it is.  It is very difficult to change at that age and you have to wonder even about his motivation to do so.  He has plenty of money with at least another $20 million on the way one way or another.  He could go sit on a beach for the rest of his life, watch his kid grow up, and not worry about a darned thing the rest of us poor slobs have to worry about ever again.

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: hawgon on January 05, 2017, 09:20:27 am
If there is one thing everyone can see, it is that he seems to get complacent after a nice win or two.  That was apparent this year before Auburn.  Nutt used to do a little bit of the same thing. 

I do not believe that's it at all. If anything, the common thread between Nutt and Bielema is the dependence on emotion.

Nutt was at his best in his very first season, when he got the team off to an 8-0 start. The disappointing start in 1999 left the Razorbacks on a rollercoaster for the rest of the season. We saw similar things this season. Whenever the team would hit a down spot, they would rally for a big effort. Next game, blah.

That does not exactly fit what happened in the Missouri and Virginia Tech games. Falling apart after building big leads against eminently beatable opponents, that was a new phenomenon.
[CENSORED]!

26.2Hog

Quote from: Sourpuss on January 04, 2017, 01:07:01 pm
There are a LOT of people out here that see benefit to Bielema and his methods.  Some cant see it, oh well.

I Have to agree.  With "benefit to Bielema" being the key words.