Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

For OUR situation give me Bielema any day

Started by Sourpuss, January 03, 2017, 10:24:39 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on January 05, 2017, 05:46:57 pm

too many Fayetteville High School players on the squad....wowser, that sure does make recruiting easy....you can stay at home with your pretty wife and if any FHS players make All-District, "SIGN'EM  UP" ! SIght unseen
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

The OTR

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on January 05, 2017, 06:11:01 pm
actually that quote was about Don Shula, but it doesn't matter, substituting Saban in there for Shula is a push

historically, I don't think talking about Don Shula has ever had much impact on this message board

Wildhog

Bielema's just good enough to satisfy people with low expectations, and just bad enough to piss off people with higher expectations.  The two sides have fundamental differences in both their expectations, and the importance placed upon winning to begin with.  I expect the rift to continue to get worse, barring a 9+ win season or something in 2017.

So... Go Hogs!
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

LZH

Quote from: Wildhog on January 05, 2017, 06:21:24 pm
Bielema's just good enough toy satisfy people with low expectations, and just bad enough to piss off people with higher expectations.  The two sides have fundamental differences in both their expectations, and the importance placed upon winning to begin with.  I expect the rift to continue to get worse, barring a 9+ win season or something in 2017.

So... Go Hogs!

Wow, I just flashed back to the 2005 season.

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on January 05, 2017, 06:18:48 pm
historically, I don't think talking about Don Shula has ever had much impact on this message board
just endeavoring to be correct...besides, our athletic programs have morphed into Mississippi State, except baseball, where we can't compete with the Brindle Bulldogs
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

Wildhog

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

PonderinHog

Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on January 05, 2017, 06:18:48 pm
Sourpuss probably shouldn't mention anything about Don Shula, just sayin'.

cosmodrum

Go away, batin'

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: PonderinHog on January 05, 2017, 06:41:35 pm

Disagree. I bet Shula knew his was around a poker table and how to prepare a good peach cobbler.  Possessing both of those skill sets, believe it or not, makes for a fine coach. A builder of people with attention to the particulars. I think Sour is on the right track here and we should prolly all get on the bandwagon.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

hog.goblin

hogginbama

Saban aint got no "honey" at Bama??? You must not have visited Tuscaloosa for an early season game in the warm weather and seen the coeds......lol.
My ole buddy Biscuit has crossed that rainbow bridge. Life sure is different without him around.

KennyForAD

Quote from: hogginbama on January 05, 2017, 08:39:32 pm
Saban aint got no "honey" at Bama??? You must not have visited Tuscaloosa for an early season game in the warm weather and seen the coeds......lol.

I have.  I rank Bama no. 1 in that department, of places I've been, and I've been to USC.     

tomarkansawyer

Quote from: Sourpuss on January 03, 2017, 10:24:39 am
Even over Saban. 

I honestly think it takes a big picture guy like CBB to draw them into NWA.  I think youd see Sabans effectiveness mitigated at a school like Arkansas.  Saban has NEVER had to build a program like AR. 

Bielema on the other hand is a marketer.  It takes a seller to sell an up and comer like Arkansas.  Bielema understands what many of us don't. "You'll ALWAYS catch more flies with honey."  Saban doesnt have any honey on campus. Nothing but bitter sewer water from the minute you step aboard. 

My point is, before im sent to hell by most of this board, is when you arent winning, you need a coach like Good Time Charlie.  He listens to Reggae. Wears sandals. He has a pack of loveable yorkies.  What he offers many of these kids is the one thing Saban cant. Or wont. Family.  A place they belong. 

Do you think Saban EVER stopped to have a beer with the fans after a game and say thx?  Yeah, me niether. 

It will take a guy like CBB to get it done here. 

What most wont do is acknowledge that with Kirkland alone we win two more games by being able to run the ball. 

For some who just want a big name this wont make sense. Fair enough. Im a true fan, behind our coach. Go HOGS!

On the third day of 2007, on a flight from South Florida to Tuscaloosa, Alabama's brand new football coach, Nick Saban, dropped a surprising question on his seatmate, then-Crimson Tide athletic director Mal Moore.

"Do you think you've hired the best coach in the country?" the 55-year-old Saban asked Moore.

By this time, with Moore's agonizing, month-long quest to pry Saban away from the Miami Dolphins having finally come to fruition, the AD was feeling a bit punch-drunk. He still didn't know his new coach very well, still found him hard to read.

"Why, Nick, of course I do," Moore said, while thinking to himself: For $4 million a year, I sure as hell hope so.

"Well, you didn't—I'm nothing without my players," Saban said, locking eyes with Moore. "But you did just hire a helluva recruiter."

http://www.si.com/college-football/2015/09/10/how-alabamas-nick-saban-so-successful-recruiting-trail

That's why Saban will win anywhere, even at poor little ole Arkansaw if we were lucky enough to have him as our coach. But we have some type of dysfunction, lack of vision and unwillingness when it comes to the coaches we hire. Saban wouldn't win at the same pace of course, but he would win.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on January 05, 2017, 06:11:01 pm
actually that quote was about Don Shula, but it doesn't matter, substituting Saban in there for Shula is a push

Bama knows how to substitute Saban's for Shula's...............
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Snouty

I would have rather had Saban on October 22nd (Auburn), November 12th (LSU), November 25th (Missouri), and December 29th (Virginia Tech).  I would have also preferred Broyles, Holtz, Hatfield, Danny Ford, or Petrino. I might have even preferred Houston Nutt or Jack Crowe.

Jumpball Nostradamus

Quote from: Snouty on January 06, 2017, 09:06:35 am
I would have rather had Saban on October 22nd (Auburn), November 12th (LSU), November 25th (Missouri), and December 29th (Virginia Tech).  I would have also preferred Broyles, Holtz, Hatfield, Danny Ford, or Petrino. I might have even preferred Houston Nutt or Jack Crowe.

If you look at all the people you just listed, they are all short term solutions to a bigger issue. It would be great if we could have a coaching staff will all those people, AND Bielema on it.

The best option right for our program right now is to stand behind a coach like Bret the Builder. Just like when he would put the perfect ingredients together for a Peach Cobbler, he will FOR SURE put together a team that oppressive fans will be proud of.

Sourpuss

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on January 05, 2017, 06:00:31 pm
I'm looking at the whole damn bakery. That's worldly.
I do think jumpball Nostradomus may have a better line of sight on the big picture.  Hes pretty well connected, so I hear tell.

Kevin

like the hard a## discipline cbb, from everything coming out, don't like the lack of discipline cbb
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Sourpuss

Quote from: PonderinHog on January 05, 2017, 06:41:35 pm
there were rumors at one time about Don Shula and his well documented friendship with Frank Broyles (Augusta I think) having his fingers in the pie here to get Mike a job. Didn't work if so. 

Sourpuss

Quote from: Kevin on January 06, 2017, 02:46:50 pm
like the hard a## discipline cbb, from everything coming out, don't like the lack of discipline cbb
I do agree with that, dance with the girl that brought. Bring back the stone cold hard ash

Hogsolo

Fans, hey get this.   Plead and hope for CBB to succeed.   Transitions and changes will take years and hurt.    We're much better off at this point for CBB to have success than start a movement of discontent.    I'm behind CBB, eventhough I hated the firing of Petrino and was against Long's interim hire, because I have been alive long enough to see that instability turns us into an Illinois instead of a Nebraska.   

We are far ahead if CBB finds his way rather than breaking the program, creating an environment where players won't play for the new coach, and it's the 2nd coach after CBB that has an actual chance to rebuild.   That's 10 years of 5 or 6 win seasons.

Trust him to investigate himself and the program to get to respectability.    I believe it will take two years of respectability to establish a program that can hunt for great things after that.   

Youngsta71701

For our situation or any other situation for that matter I'll take Saban over Beilema anyday.
"The more things change the more they stay the same"