Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

For OUR situation give me Bielema any day

Started by Sourpuss, January 03, 2017, 10:24:39 am

Previous topic - Next topic

hawgon

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on January 05, 2017, 09:25:16 am
I do not believe that's it at all. If anything, the common thread between Nutt and Bielema is the dependence on emotion.

Nutt was at his best in his very first season, when he got the team off to an 8-0 start. The disappointing start in 1999 left the Razorbacks on a rollercoaster for the rest of the season. We saw similar things this season. Whenever the team would hit a down spot, they would rally for a big effort. Next game, blah.

That does not exactly fit what happened in the Missouri and Virginia Tech games. Falling apart after building big leads against eminently beatable opponents, that was a new phenomenon.

We've been falling apart after big leads since year one.  But, hey you'll never agree with anything I say so, okay.  But yeah, Bielema gets too compacent and he doesn't keep his foot down.  It happens in weeks after good wins and it appears to happen at halftime a lot too, though now we seem to have added the dimension of his teams quitting.

Consistent effort is the key.

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: hawgon on January 05, 2017, 09:44:01 am
We've been falling apart after big leads since year one.

This is, once again, a misrepresentation. I'll never criticize an undermanned team for letting a lead slip away. People like you would attack them for making the game closer than it should have been. That's rich.

I know you lined up a few of your brain cells to try to generalize everything into a linear downtrend. It's simply wrong, and you should get used to being called out on it.
[CENSORED]!

hawgon

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on January 05, 2017, 09:46:42 am
This is, once again, a misrepresentation. I'll never criticize an undermanned team for letting a lead slip away. People like you would attack them for making the game closer than it should have been. That's rich.

I know you lined up a few of your brain cells to try to generalize everything into a linear downtrend. It's simply wrong, and you should get used to being called out on it.

Let's line up predictions in this and see who has been more right than wrong.  You should get used to being wrong as that you have been on pretty much everything.  Though I agree completely with your thoughts on our play calling in the second half of games and have said as much.

Undermanned?  You wouldn't trade the 2014 defense straight up for this one?  2014 was the best team Bielema will have at Arkansas.  That team was a monster and it went 6-6.

majp51

Quote from: hawgon on January 05, 2017, 09:44:01 am
We've been falling apart after big leads since year one.  But, hey you'll never agree with anything I say so, okay.  But yeah, Bielema gets too compacent and he doesn't keep his foot down.  It happens in weeks after good wins and it appears to happen at halftime a lot too, though now we seem to have added the dimension of his teams quitting.

Consistent effort is the key.

To your point Hawgon, there is a season where the tendencies of going up for a lead only to crumple under pressure are identical.

2013, you know the season that isn't supposed too count in any way.

In 2013 Arkansas led both MSU and LSU through 3 quarters, and in both cases couldn't finish.

Now in 2013, those losses were reason for optimism, after all given the roster CBB started with, it seemed understandable that the better team would eventually win that war of attrition. But to see similar tenancies 3 seasons later should at least make people wonder.

(Please note, that the problem with trends is you need a larger sample size, and I freely admit that we may not have a large enough one at the moment to draw meaningful conclusions)

Redhogs

Quote from: EastexHawg on January 03, 2017, 04:17:05 pm
Now I know you are trolling.  Thank goodness for you, because if you actually believed all you are saying...
I think integrity hog has changed his name to sourpuss. :-* :-*
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

Sourpuss

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on January 05, 2017, 09:46:42 am

AMEN

Sourpuss

Quote from: PonderinHog on January 04, 2017, 05:18:45 pm
Take notes.  We have a professional in our midst.
I am WELL aware of attempts to troll me or paint me as feeble minded.  That's fine.  I have thick skin and sound intellect. 

For some here they are simply intellectually incapable of seeing that others in the world can fashion arguments that are contrary to their beliefs.  My world isn't inside a little bitty box filled to the brim with group think.  I am capable of seeing what anyone with a reptilian brain would see if they thought about it longer than 5 minutes.

Bret is building.  Saban never has.  Not once.  NOT ONCE. 

In Miami it wasn't built for him so he left with his tail between his legs to a place with a fertile recruiting ground.  The only kind of place he's ever been successful. 

Bret looks at a place like Arkansas and he sees potential.  He knows it won't be easy to stem the tide of the 200,000 or so qualified coaches that live in the state and will analyze his every move but he is confident that he can get it done before being burned alive and run out of town. 

I think he will and I don't think Saban could even if he might be convinced to try. 

010HogFan

Quote from: Sourpuss on January 05, 2017, 02:30:40 pm
I am WELL aware of attempts to troll me or paint me as feeble minded.  That's fine.  I have thick skin and sound intellect. 

For some here they are simply intellectually incapable of seeing that others in the world can fashion arguments that are contrary to their beliefs.  My world isn't inside a little bitty box filled to the brim with group think.  I am capable of seeing what anyone with a reptilian brain would see if they thought about it longer than 5 minutes.

Bret is building.  Saban never has.  Not once.  NOT ONCE. 

In Miami it wasn't built for him so he left with his tail between his legs to a place with a fertile recruiting ground.  The only kind of place he's ever been successful. 

Bret looks at a place like Arkansas and he sees potential.  He knows it won't be easy to stem the tide of the 200,000 or so qualified coaches that live in the state and will analyze his every move but he is confident that he can get it done before being burned alive and run out of town. 

I think he will and I don't think Saban could even if he might be convinced to try. 

Please give me some of what you are smoking if you wouldn't take Saban as our coach if there was some way we could get him tomorrow. This is the most asinine thing I have ever seen on this board.

LZH

Quote from: Sourpuss on January 03, 2017, 04:49:52 pm
And one more thing. For those of you that it is as simple as bringing in Saban, how do you think he treats his players? Do you think players don't talk about being berated on national tv?

Bret treats the players like family more than Saban does.  I wouldn't be surprised if  at half time of cold games the players get hot chocolate and coffee and get to take their shoulder pads off when the temperatures are hot and they get ice cold Gatorade to help quench their thirst.  All the comforts of home.  I bet Satan makes them drink water from a water fountain while he chews them out for only being ahead by 30.  Our players deserve to be treated like human beings.  They are OUR KIDS.  People need to keep that in mind.  Karma.  Personally I don't want a bad vibe on campus and that is exactly what Saban brings to the table.  Negative publicity this week (which he had to manage) before the championship game.  Embarrassing!  I want a coach we can be proud of...and luckily we have one I am proud of.

Played in the band in HS, huh?

Sourpuss

Quote from: 010HogFan on January 05, 2017, 02:38:33 pm
Please give me some of what you are smoking if you wouldn't take Saban as our coach if there was some way we could get him tomorrow. This is the most asinine thing I have ever seen on this board.
Have you read ONE THING that I have written.  I have said already that Saban is a great coach.  I am not sure that he is the greatest coach of all time.  but he is above average, ill concede that. 

That being said AGAIN, I will again state that he is not the right fit for a place like Arkansas as he does not (or at least, has not to date) demonstrated a propensity to build a program up brick by brick.  It is easier to conceive that "that which has been will be again rather than that which has never been will suddenly spring into existence!"  Saban has never built a program.  Bielema is a marketer.  He's made for this job.  I'll tell you this there is true ignorance here.  The likes of which I have never seen before. SMH!

harrisburghog

010HogFan

Quote from: Sourpuss on January 05, 2017, 02:48:27 pm
Have you read ONE THING that I have written.  I have said already that Saban is a great coach.  I am not sure that he is the greatest coach of all time.  but he is above average, ill concede that. 

That being said AGAIN, I will again state that he is not the right fit for a place like Arkansas as he does not (or at least, has not to date) demonstrated a propensity to build a program up brick by brick.  It is easier to conceive that "that which has been will be again rather than that which has never been will suddenly spring into existence!"  Saban has never built a program.  Bielema is a marketer.  He's made for this job.  I'll tell you this there is true ignorance here.  The likes of which I have never seen before. SMH!

Keep shaking your head, it's not going to make people agree with you. If you think Saban would have went 7-6 here in year 4 then by all means...

Saban could win the SEC at Vanderbilt if given 4 years. At this point his name recognition alone brings in the talent. Bielema's marketing is fine when we're winning. It's annoying the second we lose.

harrisburghog

Saban had never had to build??

6-6 with a loss to ULM in year one at bama. They were HORRIBLE.

010HogFan

Quote from: harrisburghog on January 05, 2017, 02:58:25 pm

Lol facts aren't allowed around here

The OTR

LZH

Quote from: harrisburghog on January 05, 2017, 02:58:25 pm

No kidding. It isn't like Mike Shula left Alabama to replace Bill Belichick at New England. He was freaking fired for a reason.

010HogFan

The OTR

010HogFan

Sourpuss

Building at Bama can be done wearing white silk gloves.  The right coach and wham!  you're built! 

Building at Arkansas is a draining multiyear process.  You have to have a guy like Bret the Builder (what I call him when I'm with my posse) and we do!  Let's not do what we always do and run off a good coach and end up with a worse coach. "You can't always get what you want...but if you try sometimes you can get what you need."

Sportster365

Quote from: Sourpuss on January 05, 2017, 03:13:10 pm
Building at Bama can be done wearing white silk gloves.  The right coach and wham!  you're built! 

Building at Arkansas is a draining multiyear process.  You have to have a guy like Bret the Builder (what I call him when I'm with my posse) and we do!  Let's not do what we always do and run off a good coach and end up with a worse coach. "You can't always get what you want...but if you try sometimes you can get what you need."

010HogFan

Bret the Builder. Posse.

You're somethin' else.

Jumpball Nostradamus

Bret the Builder.

What a fitting monicker for a the SEC's smoothest operator. Bret has a blueprint for success. It is a shame that this blueprint isn't appreciated by some of our fans who are hyper focused on our playing of two bad halves this season.

This thread has some of the most knowledgeable and least knowledgeable fans commenting on it. On the radio today, Mike Irwin lambasted fans who dare question Coach Bielema after a week of negativity... it is good to see someone with Irwin's credibility speak out in favor of Coach Bielema. It is time to put the negativity behind us and listen to the wise words of respectable folks like Sourpuss, Mike Irwin, and Biggus Piggus and get behind this team and coaching staff once and for all.

010HogFan

Quote from: Jumpball Nostradamus on January 05, 2017, 03:47:33 pm
Bret the Builder.

What a fitting monicker for a the SEC's smoothest operator. Bret has a blueprint for success. It is a shame that this blueprint isn't appreciated by some of our fans who are hyper focused on our playing of two bad halves this season.

This thread has some of the most knowledgeable and least knowledgeable fans commenting on it. On the radio today, Mike Irwin lambasted fans who dare question Coach Bielema after a week of negativity... it is good to see someone with Irwin's credibility speak out in favor of Coach Bielema. It is time to put the negativity behind us and listen to the wise words of respectable folks like Sourpuss, Mike Irwin, and Biggus Piggus and get behind this team and coaching staff once and for all.

Thanks Sourpuss

Jumpball Nostradamus

Sourpuss

Look jNostra, I can tell you are smarter than most here because of your posts. Im far from perfect, I get that. I dont know it all.  But only a fool keeps repeating his mistakes.  I just dont want Hog nation to get whipped into a lather by a few hot heads and see us set the program back another decade.

That notwithstanding, I STRONGLY admonish all the fair weather fans that cussed their way thru the second half last Thursday.  A team like bama can deal with dark energy. We cant. Only light. Thats it only light. You are part of the problem or the solution.  We need positivity. How in the hell would we EVER get a coach to come here anyway with all the infighting?!  Get behind these guys! Go hogs!

26.2Hog

Bret the Builder.

What a fitting monicker for a the SEC's smoothest operator.

Fitting indeed.  They even made a movie about SEC's smoothest operator.

010HogFan

Multiple personality disorder is not a joke

Sourpuss

The OTR

Bret the Builder.

I remember when Mike Irwin banned ballhog1

THAT was a great day

GREAT DAY!!  >:(

Sourpuss

Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on January 05, 2017, 04:21:27 pm
I remember when Mike Irwin banned ballhog1

THAT was a great day

GREAT DAY!!  >:(
what do you mean?  could you elaborate on what happened? in detail? I know ballhog1 and he NEVER mentioned this to me

Inhogswetrust

If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

The OTR

Quote from: Sourpuss on January 05, 2017, 04:23:51 pm
what do you mean?  could you elaborate on what happened? in detail?

they's a poster here named ballhog1

a real jerk, and ALL OF US were like "dang, I hate that guy." Can't remember what his argument was that day. Can't even remember if it was spring or fall. But it was football talk, and Mike Irwin was very nicely taking this douchebag to the woodshed. In a nice way, let me reiterate.

But this ballhog1 just kep on and kep on and kep on. So Mike did us the favor we'd all been PMing him about. He banned that Gus loving ballhog1 for about a month. It was so calm after that.

I think it was after the Sirius satelite interview with Nutt and Gus, ballhogs hero.

Sourpuss

Listen, I dont know if I am worthy of equal billing of the Mike Irwin's and Biggus Piggus' of the world.  Some say I am. Thats their opinion. I am certainly not as vocal nor do I care to be in the spotlight. As far as I am concerned I am just a regular Joe.  Dont get me wrong, im flattered but that isn't my thing. Ill be that if you need it but I come here to chew the fat.  Ill leave that chastising of folks like BH1 to mike irwin. Im glad he did what he did.

Ill call someone out if needed but thats not why im here by any means.  I think ive been more than fair with my criticism of some with regard to CBB.  I would never go behind someone's back. If ive got a problem, ill chastise you publically and forget it like a grown up.  Hanging on to stuff is for women.  I could chastise inhogswetrust but like I said , thick skin here. Water off a ducks back.

Jumpball Nostradamus

Not everyone can be a leader of a great program like Arkansas. Some people just need to be loyal, supporting fans. You and I, as well as everyone else on hogville just need to come together and realize one thing. We All Love The Hogs, and CBB is the perfect guy to lead us to victory.

PonderinHog

We definitely can't all be jocks, but we can be athletic supporters.   :razorback:

Sourpuss

I think my thng is, a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.  We GOT a name coach NOW.  the chances of improving with a trade are poor. Thats the facts. So get behind CBB and push. Go HOGS!

Oklahawg

Quote from: Sourpuss on January 05, 2017, 04:01:00 pm
Look jNostra, I can tell you are smarter than most here because of your posts. Im far from perfect, I get that. I dont know it all.  But only a fool keeps repeating his mistakes.  I just dont want Hog nation to get whipped into a lather by a few hot heads and see us set the program back another decade.

I think the issue is folks see scores on the scoreboard, they see certain variables on the field, and they try to extrapolate an explanation.

I remember a few years ago when this board would meltdown over special teams play. Then, there was a lengthy interview with CBB and he talked through the special teams preparation. He talked about identifying things on film and coaching to those tendencies in practice (every day). But, when the product on the field doesn't indicate the coaching or the preparation we keep looking for explanations.

If CBB made a huge gaffe at UA it was underestimating (from day one, but also after year one) the need for speed. When year two didn't produce the speedy results needed CBB began realizing that recruiting had to take a different approach. The last class and the current class seem to reflect that but we won't know for at least another season. Slow building process and all.

The fan's frustration is obvious, and the media continue to do their part by asking the obvious question: how can that happen? And, the reasonable answers are not either being offered or being accepted, or both.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

MrKnowItAll

Quote from: Sourpuss on January 05, 2017, 04:01:00 pm

That notwithstanding, I STRONGLY admonish all the fair weather fans that cussed their way thru the second half last Thursday.  A team like bama can deal with dark energy. We cant. Only light. Thats it only light. You are part of the problem or the solution.  We need positivity. How in the hell would we EVER get a coach to come here anyway with all the infighting?!  Get behind these guys! Go hogs!

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Sourpuss on January 05, 2017, 04:55:50 pm
Listen, I dont know if I am worthy of equal billing of the Mike Irwin's and Biggus Piggus' of the world.  Some say I am. Thats their opinion. I am certainly not as vocal nor do I care to be in the spotlight. As far as I am concerned I am just a regular Joe.  Dont get me wrong, im flattered but that isn't my thing. Ill be that if you need it but I come here to chew the fat.  Ill leave that chastising of folks like BH1 to mike irwin. Im glad he did what he did.

Ill call someone out if needed but thats not why im here by any means.  I think ive been more than fair with my criticism of some with regard to CBB.  I would never go behind someone's back. If ive got a problem, ill chastise you publically and forget it like a grown up.  Hanging on to stuff is for women.  I could chastise inhogswetrust but like I said , thick skin here. Water off a ducks back.

The first bold part is why your credibility is shattered. The second bold part is funny since you are posting like a women with a Bret fetish.
Chastise me all you want. I've taken better from more prodigious posters than you. That being said Saban did rebuild LSU quickly which had fallen down under Hallman and DiNardo. He rebuilt Bama in short order as well after Shula and the Price scandal. They had only ONE decent coach between Stallings years and now Nick's and that was Francione and he was there only two years before leaving for TAMU.

Also guess who the current coach of Michigan State coached with there as an assistant................that's right Saban while they were stuffed by NCAA trouble done under Perles regime.
I like Bret and think he's done a decent but not great job and he's NEVER built or rebuilt anything yet. ALL he's ever done is take over an already BUILT large program at Wisconsin and maintain it so far.

If I hire a contractor to build me a house then I expect to move into it in a certain reasonable timeframe. Bret doesn't even have the Hog house in the dry yet and it's time to move in after this coming season. He even said 5 years himself.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

RME

Quote from: Sourpuss on January 05, 2017, 05:10:17 pm
I think my thng is, a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.  We GOT a name coach NOW.  the chances of improving with a trade are poor. Thats the facts a hypothetical. So get behind CBB and push. Go HOGS!

FIFY

Wildhog

Trolling, unabashed homerism, darksiders... I like this thread.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Jumpball Nostradamus

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on January 05, 2017, 05:20:32 pm
The first bold part is why your credibility is shattered. The second bold part is funny since you are posting like a women with a Bret fetish.
Chastise me all you want. I've taken better from more prodigious posters than you. That being said Saban did rebuild LSU quickly which had fallen down under Hallman and DiNardo. He rebuilt Bama in short order as well after Shula and the Price scandal. They had only ONE decent coach between Stallings years and now Nick's and that was Francione and he was there only two years before leaving for TAMU.

Also guess who the current coach of Michigan State coached with there as an assistant................that's right Saban while they were stuffed by NCAA trouble done under Perles regime.
I like Bret and think he's done a decent but not great job and he's NEVER built or rebuilt anything yet. ALL he's ever done is take over an already BUILT large program at Wisconsin and maintain it so far.

If I hire a contractor to build me a house then I expect to move into it in a certain reasonable timeframe. Bret doesn't even have the Hog house in the dry yet and it's time to move in after this coming season. He even said 5 years himself.

Attitudes like this is what is stalling the the rebuild of Arkansas.

Jumpball Nostradamus

This is just sad... And kinda funny... but mostly just really sad... and funny

Inhogswetrust

January 05, 2017, 05:38:03 pm #144 Last Edit: January 05, 2017, 05:59:32 pm by Inhogswetrust
Quote from: Jumpball Nostradamus on January 05, 2017, 05:29:21 pm
Attitudes like this is what is stalling the the rebuild of Arkansas.

Attitudes like mine are the result of the results. One season ticket holding fan such as me will not stall any perceived rebuild by what I post on here. I'm at games rain or shine, hot or cold. I don't care who the coach is. It's simply a job to them. I'm starting to think coaching is stalling the rebuild. Somehow they aren't getting the right parts or the best parts for the rebuild.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Sourpuss on January 05, 2017, 05:10:17 pm
I think my thng is, a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.  We GOT a name coach NOW.  the chances of improving with a trade are poor. Thats the facts. So get behind CBB and push. Go HOGS!

A name coach is only a name coach when the name coach wins enough.

Jumpball Nostradamus

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on January 05, 2017, 05:38:03 pm
Attitudes like mine are the result of the results. One season ticket holding fan such as me will not stall any perceived rebuild by what I post on here. I'm at games rain or shine, hot or cold. I don't care who the coach is. It's simply a job to them. I'm starting to think coaching is stalling the rebuild. Somehow they aren't getting the right parts are the best parts for the rebuild.

You're looking at the hole in the donut. However, I am looking at the whole donut.

This doesn't mean that my view is any better than yours, alls I'm saying is that I have a more worldly view.

RME

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on January 05, 2017, 05:38:03 pm
I'm starting to think coaching is stalling the rebuild. Somehow they aren't getting the right parts are the best parts for the rebuild.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Jumpball Nostradamus on January 05, 2017, 05:43:24 pm
You're looking at the hole in the donut. However, I am looking at the whole donut.

This doesn't mean that my view is any better than yours, alls I'm saying is that I have a more worldly view.

I'm looking at the whole damn bakery. That's worldly.

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: CarolinaSwine on January 03, 2017, 06:11:27 pm
Bum Phillips on The Bear:

"Bryant can take his'n and beat your'n, and then he can turn around and take your'n and beat his'n.

Same applies to Saban, it aint about location.
actually that quote was about Don Shula, but it doesn't matter, substituting Saban in there for Shula is a push
The long Grey line will never fail our country.