Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ok so who would you rather play sunday? Uconn or Msu?

Started by checkraiser88, November 24, 2017, 11:42:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

checkraiser88

The_Iceman

UConn. Michigan State is big and strong and would destroy us inside. Izzo is a much better coach than Mike. I think we can take UConn and Ollie.

HawgnCorona

Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all your getting, get understanding." --   Proverbs 4:7

"Live justly, love mercy and to walk humbly with the Most High."-- Micah 6:8

hawginbigd1

It shouldn't matter what are they going to have like 12 hours between games

hawgmasta

Uconn all day. It would be pretty sweet to beat MSU and Izzy though.

JayHog

Michigan State!  Those are the kind of teams we need on our strength of schedule. They are rated so high, t wouldn't even hurt us with the tournament committee to lose to them. Quite the opposite, it would help us even if we lose to them.

Now having said that, I think our up and down style would give them fits.  Their best player is out this weekend. It's the perfect time to catch them.

3kgthog

I'd rather win a game than worry about SOS right now. Izzo is a bad coaching matchup for Mike. Bring on UCONN.

checkraiser88

Looks like it's Uconn, it'll be a good win for us if we can pull it off. I swear this is potentially the best non conference resume we've ever had here if we play our cards right, along with the fact that the SEC is way up this year.

Hawg Red

Coming in a little late, but I'm glad it's UConn. Much better chance to win and it's still a quality matchup.

dbhog

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on November 24, 2017, 11:57:44 pm
It shouldn't matter what are they going to have like 12 hours between games

The next game is Sunday not Saturday

Letsroll1200

I know some are down on the Carolina game. However, if Arkansas can beat UCONN and start the season 5-1 with wins over Bucknell, Oklahoma and UCONN that's a strong start.

hawgball40

Quote from: The_Iceman on November 24, 2017, 11:50:29 pm
UConn. Michigan State is big and strong and would destroy us inside. Izzo is a much better coach than Mike. I think we can take UConn and Ollie.
Izzo a much better coach than MA? That's just an asswipe of a thing to say. Mike Anderson does more with less, always has. Give him the same talent and Mike wins 10 of 10 games. We were tired yesterday and it showed. We looked great and ready to play against Oklahoma a team who has also been receiving top 25 votes like we have. So tell us all why that isn't a good win, Nostradumbass. You've been hiding all season long waiting for the team to lose so you could come in here and talk that same tired crap.

hawgball40

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/21543876/arizona-falls-purdue-battle-4-atlantis-seventh-place-game

What a terrible coach Sean Miller is. ranked #2 and loses 3 straight. what a loser. matt painter is a much better coach than he is
--Iceman logic

Dr. Starcs

Quote from: hawgball40 on November 25, 2017, 08:56:38 am
Izzo a much better coach than MA? That's just an asswipe of a thing to say. Mike Anderson does more with less, always has. Give him the same talent and Mike wins 10 of 10 games. We were tired yesterday and it showed. We looked great and ready to play against Oklahoma a team who has also been receiving top 25 votes like we have. So tell us all why that isn't a good win, Nostradumbass. You've been hiding all season long waiting for the team to lose so you could come in here and talk that same tired crap.

So you think cma is as good a coach as Izzo?

hogwood

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on November 25, 2017, 08:50:06 am
I know some are down on the Carolina game. However, if Arkansas can beat UCONN and start the season 5-1 with wins over Bucknell, Oklahoma and UCONN that's a strong start.

Absolutely!

hogwood

Quote from: hawgball40 on November 25, 2017, 08:56:38 am

I wouldn't have said "much better" but Izzo has been more successful. He's on an elite tier. Izzo also works with less than the typical blue blood. I'm always a fan of his teams and their ability to make tourney runs no matter their seeding.

hawgball40

Quote from: hogwood on November 25, 2017, 09:14:55 am
I wouldn't have said "much better" but Izzo has been more successful. He's on an elite tier. Izzo also works with less than the typical blue blood. I'm always a fan of his teams and their ability to make tourney runs no matter their seeding.
He's a good coach no doubt, but i think we have a pretty good coach as well. Izzo loses alot of big games though. His teams lay eggs as much as any other. No reason to throw our coach under the bus because of yesterdays loss. Mike Anderson is the best coach we've had since they fired nolan, and people want to run him off before he can even finish building it here.

Hollywood_HOGan45

Really looking forward to the UConn game. This is a game we should win especially if Macon is good to go.

Would be a very strong start.

As far as the MA comment goes, Izzo is a much better coach than just about everybody. He's on Coach K level. I didn't take that as much of a shot at MA but I'm not sure why it had to be made after the great start we have had.

hogwood

Quote from: hawgball40 on November 25, 2017, 09:17:25 am
He's a good coach no doubt, but i think we have a pretty good coach as well. Izzo loses alot of big games though. His teams lay eggs as much as any other. No reason to throw our coach under the bus because of yesterdays loss. Mike Anderson is the best coach we've had since they fired nolan, and people want to run him off before he can even finish building it here.

They play a brutal schedule every year. At least non-con. They have already played Duke and will play UNC tomorrow. That is a typical schedule for them.

hawgball40

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on November 25, 2017, 09:08:34 am
So you think cma is as good a coach as Izzo?
I surely do. Izzo has more talent and has been established for a long time at MSU. Mike is just getting started here, and eventually he will build it here just as he built it at his two previous stops, and all of you reactionary whiners will be put back in your place.

hawgball40

Quote from: hogwood on November 25, 2017, 09:23:25 am
They play a brutal schedule every year. At least non-con. They have already played Duke and will play UNC tomorrow. That is a typical schedule for them.
So if they lose to UNC tomorrow, does that mean he's a terrible coach? I mean that's what it means for Mike, what about Izzo? remember, he already lost to duke who was without bagley.

King Kong

Izzo a much better coach than 99% of the guys out there. They guy goes to the final 4 like every 4 years.

I like MA he is a very good coach.

porkinsons disease

Quote from: hawgball40 on November 25, 2017, 09:25:09 am
I surely do. Izzo has more talent and has been established for a long time at MSU. Mike is just getting started here, and eventually he will build it here just as he built it at his two previous stops, and all of you reactionary whiners will be put back in your place.
Wow! Izzo has 3 straight final four appearances starting in year 5. 7 conference championships total as well as the big prize. CMA has a lot of catching up to do...I know..I know.. it's only year 7.
This hiding behind he has a great recruiting classcoming in crap is just another excuse for this man. you could give this man M. Johnson and Larry Bird togather and he still would not win. he is a pitiful coach who can,t coach a lick.-fcj 1/22/2011

hawgball40

Quote from: porkinsons disease on November 25, 2017, 10:03:30 am
Wow! Izzo has 3 straight final four appearances starting in year 5. 7 conference championships total as well as the big prize. CMA has a lot of catching up to do...I know..I know.. it's only year 7.
he lost in the first round to MTSU in 2015-16 and lost by 20 points in the round of 32 to kansas last season. looks like he's not so great either in down talent years.

King Kong

Quote from: hawgball40 on November 25, 2017, 10:18:04 am
he lost in the first round to MTSU in 2015-16 and lost by 20 points in the round of 32 to kansas last season. looks like he's not so great either in down talent years.

Coach K lost to Mercer one year in the first round with a one and done player. I assume he isn't good as well.

Upsets happen to every coach.

hawgball40

Quote from: King Kong on November 25, 2017, 10:45:19 am
Coach K lost to Mercer one year in the first round with a one and done player. I assume he isn't good as well.

Upsets happen to every coach.
the point was that he had only had one really good college player in 2015-16(valentine) and didn't do much, then had a down talent year last season and didn't do much either. It wasn't an upset, he just didn't have alot to work with. That MTSU team he lost too was very good, they upset Minnesota last year in the tourney as well. Thanks for playing though.  ;)

hawgmasta

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on November 25, 2017, 08:50:06 am

Goodness. If you would've told most of the guys on this board that before the season began 99% would have taken it with a big ass smile on their face. I really hope we beat Uconn and I know that we can. That's a great start to a solid seeding come selection Sunday.