Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Could be a great loss

Started by popcornhog, November 24, 2017, 04:30:55 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

popcornhog

Hopefully this is a learning experience that will help prep us for conference play and the dance. There is plenty to improve upon, but it's November.

My only concern is Macon's health. Had the game on mute, so didn't hear updates.
WPS

Breems

Assuming it was a preview of our eventual 2nd-round matchup vs UNC, I'm sad. :(
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

popcornhog

Quote from: Breems on November 24, 2017, 04:35:08 pm
Assuming it was a preview of our eventual 2nd-round matchup vs UNC, I'm sad. :(

I disagree. Learn from the loss and beat them in March!
WPS

Sow Lancelot

True. Hopefully we learn that we have to penetrate on offense and rebound on defense.

N.C. did play solid defense.
"Nec vitia nostra nec remedium tolerare possumus." Livy
Nihil boni sine labore, sic vis pacem, para bellum.

popcornhog

Quote from: Sow Lancelot on November 24, 2017, 04:42:54 pm
True. Hopefully we learn that we have to penetrate on offense and rebound on defense.

N.C. did play solid defense.

Yeah, again, overall, I feel that this can be a great learning experience.

The rebounding situation is somewhat concerning though. They dominated the boards.
WPS

Sow Lancelot

Quote from: popcornhog on November 24, 2017, 04:45:38 pm
Yeah, again, overall, I feel that this can be a great learning experience.

The rebounding situation is somewhat concerning though. They dominated the boards.
Lack of offensive rebounding as well, especially when shooting so poorly. But, when all 5 are on the perimeter for 28 seconds it's hard to get in position to rebound your misses.
"Nec vitia nostra nec remedium tolerare possumus." Livy
Nihil boni sine labore, sic vis pacem, para bellum.

bigred223

Hopefully we start Gafford and feed him.

Razorod

Games like this one is where Cook's value comes into play. 6-8, withe some length and five fouls to give. Provides a bit of depth when Gafford and/or Thompson struggle with fouls.
Hoping the Hogs basketball fortunes change for the better this season.

oldbooniehog

Lately, Arkansas is measured by how well or poorly it loses to North Carolina.

forrest city joe

Losing is never good. but i was very happy with the way the team fought. we were only down 6 points with 3.32 to go in this game. and that was after Macon got hurt it was good for us to play this game.it will help down the line.

popcornhog

Quote from: forrest city joe on November 24, 2017, 05:24:32 pm
Losing is never good. but i was very happy with the way the team fought. we were only down 6 points with 3.32 to go in this game. and that was after Macon got hurt it was good for us to play this game.it will help down the line.

The loss itself isn't good, but it's a long season and I believe that this loss will carry value in terms of the learning curve. I'm glad we get to experience a tough loss and have the chance to learn from it in November to ready us for March.
WPS

WorfHog

Quote from: popcornhog on November 24, 2017, 07:03:52 pm
The loss itself isn't good, but it's a long season and I believe that this loss will carry value in terms of the learning curve. I'm glad we get to experience a tough loss and have the chance to learn from it in November to ready us for March.

Well UK lost to Kansas and they haven't given up hope in Lexington!