Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Razorback vs Tar Heels Prediction

Started by Mr. Porkleone, November 23, 2017, 09:20:28 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Porkleone

November 23, 2017, 09:20:28 pm Last Edit: November 23, 2017, 10:20:27 pm by Mr. Porkleone
This Razorback team is Legit.

Razorbacks 88
Tar Heels 73

widespreadsooie

checkraiser88

BannerMountainMan

79-71 UNC even though I want us to win so bad, good loss for us in the long run and we will be match up with them 2nd round in the tourney and by then we will be better than them and we will beat them.
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

FineAsSwine

Wonder what the vegas line will be on this one
Hogs up! Covid down!

ADavisTheGOAT

Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

Danny J

No earthly idea what to expect...one thing I know is we need Garland and his A game around the rim on D especially and for him to stay out of foul trouble. The +/- when he vs Trey was in the game against OU was something like 18 points.

niels_boar

These tournaments with games on consecutive days aren't made for teams that play 85-possession games.  Our guards played 34+ minutes, too.  We expended a lot of energy, physical and emotional.  Nobody for UNC played more than 27 minutes in an earlier laugher of a game. That's a significant advantage.  Got a feeling that we are going to need a coming-out-party from CJ to win tomorrow. 
The jawbone of an ass is just as dangerous a weapon today as in Sampson's time.

Hawgdrummer7

Woo Pig Drum

Dropkick

UNC will benefit from a few late questionable calls and barely beat us.

Hogeye_Pierce

We stick with them for 3/4 of the game then UNC pulls away to win by 10. 90-80.
Cry HAVOC and let slip the Hogs of war!

Hogs49ers

Quote from: Danny J on November 23, 2017, 09:30:21 pm
No earthly idea what to expect...one thing I know is we need Garland and his A game around the rim on D especially and for him to stay out of foul trouble. The +/- when he vs Trey was in the game against OU was something like 18 points.

Garland was cleared to play?  ;)
SCREW Vandy!

Sho Nuff

76-72 Hogs (that score will always hold a special place😀)

mj4president

"Let's do this tonight! Nothing like a legendary night to remember. I'll tell all my grand pups one day about the 3 am walk off home run by Jared Gates." MJ4President just hours before it happened.

Ironhawg

I don't know.  UNC cruised in their game.  We had to spend a bunch of energy in ours.

pigture perfect

I don't know, but I think our defense holds them below their season average. They will want to slow it down with us.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Danny J

synthartist69

Hogs will be up by 5 but the refs will cause the outcome to be NC by 15

hview

This team is playing with a great deal of confidence and team chemistry. They are continuing to improve. As long as Gafford can stay out of foul trouble, Thomas continues to come on strong and our 3 guards have a a great game we've got more than a chance tomorrow. Hogs 88, NC 72. 

RaisinHog

What a bunch of pansy score prediction s... Freaking hogs roll on too the finals ,94-90

hview

Yeah, this game has a different feel to it. I don't think NC can stop them. As long as the refs let them play.

Triple T

VirginiaHog

If we don't get way too emotional, and just play, we win. Can't force it.

JIHawg

Some are predicting a close win for the Hogs-that's not going to happen.  The refs will give it to NC if it's close.  So it's either Hogs by 10 or more or NC in a close one, 1-9 points.

razorback1829

Quote from: VirginiaHog on November 23, 2017, 10:48:50 pm
If we don't get way too emotional, and just play, we win. Can't force it.

I think we'll be dialed in.

checkraiser88

My only concern is fatigue. We had 3 guys(Barford, Macon, Beard) all play more than 34 minutes today.

hview

A rested CJ might prove to be our secret weapon. :) Hall will probably need to play more to spell the seniors.

alohawg

Not worried about fatigue at all, they're kids. Hopefully it'll be decided by the better team and in my mind that's Arkansas. Go hogs!
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

BigBrandonAllenFan

hawgball40

103-58 hogs. tarheels never get off the bus.

HogFansReunited

I don't want to make a prediction but I think it will be close. If I have to make a prediction,  NC wins 94-89.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

BrooklynRoss

I support the Razorbacks in the city that never sleeps.

ShadowHawg

GoHogs1091

The Razorbacks should win.

Roy Williams doesn't have as good of a team as he had last season.

WayneHawg

Bill Walton said the Hogs lose by 10 !

FineAsSwine

Quote from: Ironhawg on November 23, 2017, 09:43:51 pm
I don't know.  UNC cruised in their game.  We had to spend a bunch of energy in ours.

This ^^^ Hogs fade late and lose by12.
Hogs up! Covid down!

Pinto

I pray we just play hard and compete. I'm not expecting a win but would like to see composure and mental toughness during this big game

Corkscrew Johnson

Barford looked a little winded in the 2nd half. We need a little more guard rotation if we are going to play w that much intensity.

Also, I was surprised to see Dustin Thomas get more minutes than Bailey.  Not sure that is warranted by their respective play.

Ulysses_S_Grunt

These guys have a score to settle and I think they come out with a chip on their shoulder.
Hogs -85
Tarheels - 76

elksnort

I don't have the numbers in front of me, but we seem to depend on 3s.  How low perentage can we be from 3 and still beat UNC?

LRHawg

Just win, don't care how big. I am so tired of the Tar Heel love.

Lanny

Gafford will foul out UNC's bigs, they're big yet slow. 

Arkansas 89
UNC 78
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

BigBrandonAllenFan

BigBrandonAllenFan

Quote from: elksnort on November 24, 2017, 07:54:41 am
I don't have the numbers in front of me, but we seem to depend on 3s.  How low perentage can we be from 3 and still beat UNC?

Need to hit 35% to be in the game at the end.  Hit 40% and they can't win.

HF#1

"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

HawgnCorona

We avg. 93 ppg...We defend the rim pretty good so Theo Pinson will have his work cut out for him today. Joel Berry will have fun trying to get an open 3 with all that length in his face.

90-85 HOGS.
Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all your getting, get understanding." --   Proverbs 4:7

"Live justly, love mercy and to walk humbly with the Most High."-- Micah 6:8

010HogFan

90-78 UNC wins, I have no illusions that the refs will allow us to win this game. It will look like the game last year. You know a UNC-MSU final is what the ptb want. Hate it, but that's just the way it's gonna go unless we play out of our minds.

Corkscrew Johnson

I really don't know at this time.  I thought our team looked electric in the first half yesterday, and tightened up in the 2nd.   We had more player rotation in the 1st:  sure we lost a lead with some of our backups in, but they were really pushing the ball and fighting on defense...there was no way OU could have kept up with that amount of intensity in the 2nd half.  Maybe it's just a matter of confidence (ie, we can actually do this), or maybe we need those backups to evolve a little more, before we just turn it loose and run some of these teams out of the gym.  There is no doubt we need a 4th guard to emerge...whether CJ or (fingers crossed) garland.  Barford, Macon, and Beard playing 35 minutes each isn't really sustainable given the way we play.

hawgball40

hopefully our guys aren't too fatigued. They gave alot of energy last night to beat OU. Meanwhile, UNC cruised in a snoozer

HawgHeadCheese

I honestly think we're a better team. Luke Maye is there go to guy who is a unathletic stretch 4 and should have a hard time getting his shot off against Thomas and Bailey, Theo Pins on doesn't handle on ball pressure well, and Joel Berry isn't as good as advertised IMO. The hogs are actually more athletic than UNC. I think we win by 7. 82 to 75.