Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bill Walton

Started by deserthog, November 22, 2017, 04:08:09 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Philip Seaton

4:30 left in the game, and we have no clue about this one. They suck!

TNhogfan

Quote from: North hog on November 23, 2017, 02:59:47 pm
Tell your old man to drag Walton and Lanier up and down the court for 48 minutes....
Rodger Murdock talking tough to a little kid. Great line from a funny movie.

elksnort

Bill Walton is a tad verbose but a quarky interesting intelligent person

hogcods8

I like Walton, but he gets way off track talking about the old days.

Birminghog

Quote from: Knot2brite on November 23, 2017, 04:47:32 pm
Somehow Darryl Macon ended up being Macon Ga....dude the 70's were a cloud to this cat

If you remember the 70s, you weren't there.

hoginla

Quote from: hogcods8 on November 23, 2017, 04:20:38 pm
Ok this idiot just said George Zidek of UCLA made big nasty play like big sissy in championship game in 1995. I don't remember it that way.

I do. He's right.
September 8, 2023 19 years w/Hogville!

bolo1010

If there wasn't a freaking game going on I'm sure he would be fun to talk and listen to but at one time he didn't even know Gafford was on the court and argued with the other guy when he said "Gafford is on the court"  Walton replied "no he is not" when he was clearly standing right there.  Hard to miss him.  I like Walton but not for calling games.

bolo1010

I think he would look up from whatever he was doing once every 3 or 4 mins and say. "That guy is a great player". Then back into his trivia "do you know how many states border Arkansas?"   Come on man

Lanny

Walton is interesting but there was to much discussing other items, I blame Roxy for some go the Questions to big red.  One statement Walton made I enjoyed was discussing the number of players from Arkansas
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

deserthog

Like it or not, looks like we have Bill again today.

elksnort

Walton is brighter and more alert than he let's believe.

His mentioning our home state talent is one example.

FineAsSwine

Quote from: elksnort on November 24, 2017, 09:37:51 am

At around the 13:30 mark of the first half he says something about the greatest talent to ever come out of Arkansas. I couldn't get the name. Does anybody know who he was talking about?
Hogs up! Covid down!

OS2 (SW) Razor Back

The split screen really pissed me off.
The Giants win the penent!!!!!The Giants win the penent!!!
Today, I consider myself the luckiest man on the face of the Earth.
I can't believe what I just saw!!!!
Down goes Frazier!!!! Down goes Frazier!!!
Do you believe in miricles?!?!?!

deserthog

Quote from: FineAsSwine on November 24, 2017, 09:41:14 am
At around the 13:30 mark of the first half he says something about the greatest talent to ever come out of Arkansas. I couldn't get the name. Does anybody know who he was talking about?

I played it back several times and still couldn't understand who he was referring to.

hogcods8

Quote from: hoginla on November 24, 2017, 05:32:35 am
I do. He's right.
What I remember about the game is Zidek playing behind Corliss and The Obannon brothers doubling down on him every time he got the ball. It wasn't a case of Zidek simply outplaying Corliss.

AstroHawg

Didn't care for the Amazon/Arkansas insinuation.  I took it as a backwoods reference to our state.

clutch

I think he's interesting, he's just hard to keep up with. He seemed to talk about everything but the game a lot of the time. He was all over the place. He's just a strange dude. It was also really hard for me to understand hiim. I don't know if it was a problem with ESPN's audio or what, but I had to turn my volume up pretty high to be able to make out what he was saying.

HawgnCorona

Quote from: elksnort on November 24, 2017, 09:37:51 am

Yeah he is smart man...when his head isn't in a white cloud.
Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all your getting, get understanding." --   Proverbs 4:7

"Live justly, love mercy and to walk humbly with the Most High."-- Micah 6:8

hawgball40

Quote from: deserthog on November 24, 2017, 09:52:05 am
I played it back several times and still couldn't understand who he was referring to.
i think he said Lance Weir.

HawgnCorona

Quote from: hogcods8 on November 24, 2017, 09:58:45 am
What I remember about the game is Zidek playing behind Corliss and The Obannon brothers doubling down on him every time he got the ball. It wasn't a case of Zidek simply outplaying Corliss.

I agree. It wasn't Zidek who put a cap on Corliss. But Bill is entitled to his opinion...Corliss was mostly unstoppable.
Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all your getting, get understanding." --   Proverbs 4:7

"Live justly, love mercy and to walk humbly with the Most High."-- Micah 6:8

cosmodrum

November 24, 2017, 11:48:21 am #70 Last Edit: November 24, 2017, 09:58:22 pm by cosmodrum
My favorite part of Bill Walton is watching you sticks in the mud whine about him.

Go away, batin'

Hawg414

Quote from: FineAsSwine on November 24, 2017, 09:41:14 am

he said Lance Weir

http://www.teamchase.net/lanceweir/