Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Michelle Wie

Started by the donger, June 06, 2006, 04:35:10 am

Previous topic - Next topic

the donger

Chokes again. Go back to the LPGA. This is the MEN'S league!

GrizzledHogFan

Let's see you try out for the PGA Tour and see how you do, since you're such a manly man.
Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.

mbgrulz

lets see her win an LPGA event 1st.

the donger

Quote from: gmb_79 on June 06, 2006, 04:47:37 am
Let's see you try out for the PGA Tour and see how you do, since you're such a manly man.
Did I say I could do better? There are TWO different tours, lets stick to it.

hogfankb

Isn't she still only 17?  :-\

HogISH™

|^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||
|...BEER   TRUCK..........| ||'|";, ___.
|_..._..._______===|=||_|__|..., ] -|
"(@)'(@)"""''"**|(@)(@)*****''(@)

Hogville Trash Can Moderator - my theme song:

Isn't it rich, isn't it queer
Losing my timing this late in my career  And where are the clowns  Quick send in the clowns  Don't bother they're here.

HogHeathen

Quote from: the donger on June 06, 2006, 04:35:10 am
Chokes again. Go back to the LPGA. This is the MEN'S league!

Yea, what he said.

Arkiejared

looks like a 7 foot ugly turd to me.....but that's just my opinion

hogsNbeer

Wasn't she just 3 shots from qualifying...or did I hear that wrong.....?     That's pretty salty.... She'll be playing in it soon enough.....

EastexHawg

I think if Michelle Wie could qualify, her presence would certainly create more interest than having some no name ranked 189th in the world make it...

But maybe I just don't appreciate getting to see another week of Taichi Teshima, Daniel Chopra, and Brendan Jones' play as much as the next guy.

I have no problem with Michelle Wie playing an occasional men's event.  If you are the 145th player and miss the field because Wie got in...maybe you should consider playing a little better...

Patch

I have no problem with Wie playing in any men's event, IF she qualifies for it like all of the other guys. None of the exemptions like Annika was given. Unfortunately the media is making it more difficult to root for her by over-hyping her ad nauseum.

GrizzledHogFan

Quote from: Patch on June 06, 2006, 10:43:58 am
I have no problem with Wie playing in any men's event, IF she qualifies for it like all of the other guys. None of the exemptions like Annika was given. Unfortunately the media is making it more difficult to root for her by over-hyping her ad nauseum.

I agree with that.  I don't like the "this is a MEN'S league" crap though.

Hawg414

Quote from: gmb_79 on June 06, 2006, 11:34:47 am

its not a mens league.  its the Professional Golf Association, which is comprised of the best golfers in the world competing under the toughest conditions.  anyone is eligible to compete/qualify for a spot.  and sexist or not...99.9% of the time, women cannot compete with the men in this particular game when all conditions are equivalent.

then you have the LPGA, which is a womens league...and which is why men cannot play on it.  then you have the senior tour, where all you have to be is old enough.  the PGA Tour is open to anyone...all you have to be is good enough.     

GrizzledHogFan

Quote from: Hawg414 on June 06, 2006, 11:43:05 am

its not a mens league.  its the Professional Golf Association, which is comprised of the best golfers in the world competing under the toughest conditions.  anyone is eligible to compete/qualify for a spot.  and sexist or not...99.9% of the time, women cannot compete with the men in this particular game when all conditions are equivalent.

then you have the LPGA, which is a womens league...and which is why men cannot play on it.  then you have the senior tour, where all you have to be is old enough.  the PGA Tour is open to anyone...all you have to be is good enough.     

Tell that to "the donger."

hogsNbeer

Quote from: EastexHawg on June 06, 2006, 10:11:33 am
I think if Michelle Wie could qualify, her presence would certainly create more interest than having some no name ranked 189th in the world make it...

But maybe I just don't appreciate getting to see another week of Taichi Teshima, Daniel Chopra, and Brendan Jones' play as much as the next guy.

I have no problem with Michelle Wie playing an occasional men's event.  If you are the 145th player and miss the field because Wie got in...maybe you should consider playing a little better...

I agree EastTx......  If you are the player that didnt' get in because of her.... then A). play better or B). go out and get you a REAL job....... I can't stand the likes of Vijay Singh saying crap like "she doesn't belong here" in reference to Annika last year...... That makes me pull for her even more to make the cut..... 

Hawgon

No problem with her trying to qualify.  However, if she doesn't win something, anything soon, then her act is going to wear thin.  Sixteen year old 'phenom' can turn into 20 year old 'has been' real quick in womens' sports.

Heck, for her own mental toughness she needs to play where she can win.  No one doubts her physical talent.  She has it.  But, mental toughness is what sets apart winners in golf.  Total mental meltdown is always just a tough break away in golf.  Ask Ian Baker Finch or David Duval.  She needs to win so she can have something to build her confidence.

HairyHog

If they let women qualify to play on the mens tour, why cant men qualify for the womens tour?

Make all sports co-ed....  College, NBA, WNBA,  Golf, Wrestling ...No, not rasslin ...Too many of you guys would line up for that.

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

Everytime I see her I just picture her continuing to grow at a freakishly rapid rate and then coming out of the ocean someday to terrorize our coastal cities..

Freaks me out..
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

Hawg414

Quote from: HairyHog on June 06, 2006, 06:19:14 pm
If they let women qualify to play on the mens tour, why cant men qualify for the womens tour?

Make all sports co-ed....  College, NBA, WNBA,  Golf, Wrestling ...No, not rasslin ...Too many of you guys would line up for that.
again... bc its not the "mens tour."  its a tour of the best players in the world...and unfortunately for them, women historically cannot compete with men on a level playing field in this particular game. 

the donger

Quote from: gmb_79 on June 06, 2006, 11:45:47 am

O.K.,you're right, it's not the "mens tour". But don't try to justify the obvious. You know as well as I do it is supposed to be a mens tour(can't change it now w/o being sexist i.e MPGA). Women cannot compete on the PGA tour and shouldn't be taking money out of some of these guys pockets(who have worked their asses off to get there) through sponsor exemptions just to TRY(and TRY and TRY) to prove a point. She(and Annika) need to stay on the LPGA tour and dominate there. Geez.
p.s.  I know you were wanting me to bring up the guy playing in the LPGA thing. But I can't, b/c it is the LADIES tour.

12under

Quote from: the donger on June 08, 2006, 04:26:07 am
Quote from: gmb_79 on June 06, 2006, 11:45:47 am

O.K.,you're right, it's not the "mens tour". But don't try to justify the obvious. You know as well as I do it is supposed to be a mens tour(can't change it now w/o being sexist i.e MPGA). Women cannot compete on the PGA tour and shouldn't be taking money out of some of these guys pockets(who have worked their asses off to get there) through sponsor exemptions just to TRY(and TRY and TRY) to prove a point. She(and Annika) need to stay on the LPGA tour and dominate there. Geez.
p.s.  I know you were wanting me to bring up the guy playing in the LPGA thing. But I can't, b/c it is the LADIES tour.

well said.  the only reason i have a problem with women trying to play the men's tour is because the women's organizations stated wishes for "equality", which is not what they want.  they want an advantage, or special treatment, not "equality".  if they wanted "equality" they would open up all tours to all people and see who is the best.  i, for one, would love to play on the LPGA tour and make millions.