Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The Big 3 football programs in Arkansas

Started by 14erHog, November 18, 2011, 09:34:02 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Fan1958

Quote from: OTTER on November 18, 2011, 01:01:07 pm
UCA will always be SCABs in my book.

You must be an ATU guy, where all the men are men, and so are the women, or a Hendrix squirrel, where all the women are women, and so are the men.
Conservatives have always proudly proclaimed themselves to be conservative.  Liberals are now "Progressives"?  Must be terrible to have to hide what you really are.

I like smites.  That's how I know I'm really pissing off the "Progressives".

GoHogs1091

Quote from: Fan1958 on November 18, 2011, 10:42:30 am
At UCA I count 23 from Arkansas from a total of 98 players on the roster so about 25%.

Clint Conque is an excellent recruiter.  In fact, Conque is the best recruiter in the State of Arkansas.  He gets players out of Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Tennessee, and Texas.

Since 2001, UCA is the winningest Collegiate Football Program in the State of Arkansas with Conque at the helm.  Some might say, well UCA doesn't play in a Conference like the SEC, but the following from I believe Bill Parcells is what it boils down to in regards to UCA, under Conque's direction, being the winningest Collegiate Football Program in the State of Arkansas since 2001.

"You are what your record is, period."     

LZH

Quote from: tophawg19 on November 18, 2011, 11:17:03 am
also if all things are equal or close go with the arkansas kid, he will likely give more heart and you establish contact and open future doors. nutt blew it at warren and probablt wouldn't have got many if any from there.

I did the HVAC on the new indoor practice facility in Warren in '04 or '05 (?).  I asked Hembree a very vanilla question about his kids going to Tennessee, and he flat out told me that if it was up to him, none of his kids would play for Nutt (paraphrasing).  I don't know what happened, but yeah, Nutt blew it bigtime.  At the time, I thought Hembree came off as arrogant, but looking back, maybe he had a reason to be.