Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

BJ Young cannot be our only scoring option if we hope to win darn this year.

Started by JonClaudeVanHam, November 23, 2012, 07:40:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

JonClaudeVanHam

Disappointed is not a good enough way of describing my feelings on this game.
"The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently." - Nietzsche

Danny J

No doubt. They did not play as a team at all on either side of the court. It is just going to take time for this team to gel together. Mental toughness is also lacking big time the same as last year. They have to fight through it.

Smithian

Quote from: Smithian on November 23, 2012, 09:22:49 pm
Anyone thinking of blowing their brains out over this loss should go ahead and do the world a favor and do it.

ThreeWayInn

BJ is never going to be a great teammate....but then again...with this team...perhaps padding your scoring stats may not be bad for the team...this team is going to need to him to score...a bunch.

JonClaudeVanHam

"The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently." - Nietzsche

rude1

What has happened to Wade? I envisioned this guy growing and becoming a nice second or third option when BJ draws attention. Instead it seems someone has told him he needs to be more than what he is and that's a spot up shooter. Now he is passing up looks to put it on the floor where something good rarely happens for him. He needs to get back to his strength and start spotting up to look to feed off the attention that BJ & MP are going to get.

JonClaudeVanHam

Quote from: rude1 on November 24, 2012, 07:46:54 am
What has happened to Wade? I envisioned this guy growing and becoming a nice second or third option when BJ draws attention. Instead it seems someone has told him he needs to be more than what he is and that's a spot up shooter. Now he is passing up looks to put it on the floor where something good rarely happens for him. He needs to get back to his strength and start spotting up to look to feed off the attention that BJ & MP are going to get.

I think we saw flashes of the scorer Rashad Madden could be, but all in the first half. We need more of that from him.

rude1

Quote from: JonClaudeVanHam on November 24, 2012, 08:01:31 am
I think we saw flashes of the scorer Rashad Madden could be, but all in the first half. We need more of that from him.
Agreed, from the pg position he is going to be match up problem for most teams, he needs to be a little more aggressive to take advantage of this.

chiefhawg

Quote from: rude1 on November 24, 2012, 07:46:54 am
Great observation. 

sunalmighty79

Quote from: ThreeWayInn on November 23, 2012, 11:46:18 pm
BJ is never going to be a great teammate....but then again...with this team...perhaps padding your scoring stats may not be bad for the team...this team is going to need to him to score...a bunch.
this is his "Money Year", and quite frankly I support him. If the others won't step up or are too afraid to play and get physical, Bj can go for 30 a game and I won't complain. We won't have the necessary size until next year. If Marshawn is going to play hesitant all year because of his knee or whatever, we welcome his departure gladly. Portis is going to be a big time upgrade

ThrillaHog

B.J. is the only one out there playing with any confidence. Hunter lacks mobility and is often out of position. Wade gives the ball up way to much and then sits back and watches B.J. go right at someone and score. Yes we may have some good athletes, but offensively B.J. is all we really have. Madden is nothing more than a ball distributor and offers no offense at all. The rest of the bunch can run and jump but against any team that actually plays like a team it will be a long night. I'm confident this team will improve but right now it is just more of the same from last year. That seven foot center made Hunter look bad last night.