Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

GAME 45 THREAD: #14 Arkansas (33-11, 12-7 SEC) vs Ole Miss (26-16, 10-9 SEC)

Started by Razorbacks#1, April 28, 2017, 07:14:48 am

Previous topic - Next topic

hogman64

the most energetic guy on offense the last two weeks has been Evan Lee, I know he may need to pitch in some situation , but he seems to help make things happen on offense, let him play......no I am not his mom , our offense has been trending to dead for a while, like to see a shake up..

Wisco Pig

Johnson opens the Ole Miss 4th by grounding out to 1B unassisted.

Lot of English on that grounder.

DiamondHogFan

Quote from: hogman64 on April 28, 2017, 01:05:21 pm
the most energetic guy on offense the last two weeks has been Evan Lee, I know he may need to pitch in some situation , but he seems to help make things happen on offense, let him play......no I am not his mom , our offense has been trending to dead for a while, like to see a shake up..
DH him. 

Wisco Pig

Don Kessinger's grandson is next.  He grounds out to Stephan, 1-3.

Two outs.

Wisco Pig

Wisco Pig

Golsan steps in.   Stephan is concerned with Blackman at 1st.

hogman64

Quote from: DiamondHogFan on April 28, 2017, 01:06:30 pm
DH him. 

if he had not been in the KSU game we lose, he made things happen,  we maybe lose one of the Georgia games without him in the game.. I don't get it.

hawgrunner

Wisco Pig

Golsan gets down 0-2 and then strikes out swinging to end the Ole Miss 4th.

Razorbacks#1

4               Bot 4th                   0

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | -  |  R |  H  | E  |LOB
OM    4 | 0 | 0 | 0 |    |    |    |    |    | -  |  4  |  5  | 0  | 3   
ARK  0 | 0 | 0 |    |    |    |    |    |    | -  |  0  |  2  | 0  | 2   
"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

Wisco Pig

Razrpig256

Been thinking the same thing.

DiamondHogFan

We need to get the lefty in some trouble this inning or they may cruise to an easy victory and set themselves up for game 3.

Baconomics

Quote from: hawgrunner on April 28, 2017, 01:10:23 pm
Not going well for the boys in this series.

It probably sounds like an excuse, but what's with the schedule?  Why are we playing 12 games in 16 days?  Is that normal?  Are we prepping for tournament season?  The lack of depth is really beginning to show.  Everyone looks tired.

They can still pull this one out though...

Wisco Pig

Bonfield works the count to 2-2, then full, and flies out to LF to open the 4th.

Nice diving catch by Watson there.

Wolfpride

Lord, I hope we haven't peaked this season (before the LSU game).......that would be a wee bit early.
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things.  And no good thing ever dies"
Andy Dufresne

Wisco Pig

Wisco Pig

Gates bats with 2 outs and the bases empty.   He gets down in the count 1-2 and then strikes out swinging.

At the end of 4, the Hogs trail 4-0.

Razorbacks#1

4               Top 5th                   0

OM    4 | 0 | 0 | 0  |    |    |    |    |    | -  |  4  |  5  | 0  | 3   
ARK  0 | 0 | 0 | 0  |    |    |    |    |    | -  |  0  |  2  | 0  | 2   
"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

Wisco Pig

Bogghawg

Ole Miss sure seems to want this game (series) more than their opponent.
Never Attempt To Teach a Pig To Sing; It Wastes Your Time and Annoys the Pig

Wisco Pig

Due to bat in the 5th for the Fighting Faulkners:

Bortles
Olenek
Fortes

Wisco Pig

Bortles opens the Ole Miss 5th by working a 2-1 count, then 2-2, then full.   He strikes out swinging.

TebowHater

Been saying this for a couple weeks now. I don't get it.

Wisco Pig

Olenek, the Rebels' CF, is next.  He grounds out to SS.

Two outs.

Scott7703

I'm not freakjng out yet but not ideal for the bats to cool and pitching to struggle all at the same time. Hope we get it fixed quickly

HamIAm

Time for the Hogs to forget about post season, about the SEC race, and about expectations.  Ignore it all and just play ball.

Scott7703

Quote from: TebowHater on April 28, 2017, 01:23:05 pm
Been saying this for a couple weeks now. I don't get it.

I agree, he'd be hitting lead off for me. Also need to get Koch and Shaddy going again as well.

Wisco Pig

Fortes, the first baseman, works a 2-1 count, then 2-2, and fouls out to the catcher.

1-2-3 inning for Stephan.    4-0, Rebs.

Razorbacks#1

4               Bot 5th                   0

OM    4 | 0 | 0 | 0  | 0 |    |    |    |    | -  |  4  |  5  | 0  | 4   
ARK  0 | 0 | 0 | 0  |    |    |    |    |    | -  |  0  |  2  | 0  | 2   

THUNDER!

Wisco Pig

Stephan has really settled in. 

Now the offense has to make it matter.

Wisco Pig

Wisco Pig

Cole, the last Hogs base runner, opens the Arkansas 5th by working the count to 2-2 and then pops up to the shortstop.

Razorback de Nosferatu

Quote from: Wisco Pig on April 28, 2017, 01:26:38 pm
Stephan has really settled in. 

Now the offense has to make it matter.

That's been the one bit of good news.  Casual observers just looking at the score wouldn't know it, but Knight and Stephan seem to have recovered quickly from the Auburn debacle. 

Everything else, I'm worried.  I understand that Ole Miss has some of the conference's best pitching, but dang!  Their so-called pedestrian offense is at least making a little noise off our starters, while Arkansas's GOOD offense is barely making their defense work.  Not encouraging.

Wisco Pig

kennymayne

That 0-1 pitch sums up Koch right now. Was up and away and he pulls off of it trying to to go left field. Lot of that happening right now........And then he gets one down and in and cranks it.

Wisco Pig

Koch works a count of 2-2, then 3-2, and then BOOM!

A homer to LF.

Ole Miss 4, Hogs 1.

Razorbacks#1

Quote from: Wisco Pig on April 28, 2017, 01:32:12 pm
Koch works a count of 2-2, then 3-2, and then BOOM!

A homer to LF.

Ole Miss 4, Hogs 1.
Maybe that will wake the rest of them up. Go HOGS!

THUNDER!

Wisco Pig

razorbackfan4life

Not to be shiteing rainbows, but some of the best baseball teams, throughout the years, have had really bad stretches. 

Look at my Cubbies last year..  They went 1-8 in early July. 

It's baseball..  shite happens.

Wisco Pig

Biggers grounds out to 2B on the first pitch and ends the 5th.

4-1, them.

Razorback de Nosferatu

Quote from: razorbackfan4life on April 28, 2017, 01:34:33 pm
Not to be shiteing rainbows, but some of the best baseball teams, throughout the years, have had really bad stretches. 

Look at my Cubbies last year..  They went 1-8 in early July. 

It's baseball..  shite happens.

True enough.  Way too early to get discouraged and write the year off.

Everything is still on the table. 

And hey, if hosting doesn't happen, that doesn't mean anything.  DVH has taken the Hogs through many opposing ballparks on the way to Omaha.

Razorbacks#1

4               Top 6th                   1

OM    4 | 0 | 0 | 0  | 0 |    |    |    |    | -  |  4  |  5  | 0  | 4   
ARK  0 | 0 | 0 | 0  | 1 |    |    |    |    | -  |  1  |  3  | 0  | 2   

THUNDER!

hogman64

Quote from: Scott7703 on April 28, 2017, 01:25:00 pm

I agree, he'd be hitting lead off for me. Also need to get Koch and Shaddy going again as well.

I like Arledge but he hasn't done anything in awhile at leadoff.......Evan Lee is patient at the plate and has had a streak of making things happen, I don't see why we don't get him in the game,the last two games he played  he was a difference maker in winning the game for us and you might say three since he got the huge strike out in game 2 at Auburn...

Wisco Pig

Due to bat in the 6th for the Yoknapatawphans:

Rowe
Watson
Johnson

Wisco Pig

Rowe, who has struck out twice, opens the 6th by flying out to LF.

Wisco Pig

Watson, now down to .150 on the season, fouls off a couple of pitches and then doubles down the LF line.

Wisco Pig

Johnson, batting .186, pops out to first and the runner manages to get himself picked off 2nd.  Nice play by Spanberger to make the catch and throw.

3-6 double play.  Inning over.

Razorbacks#1

4               Bot 6th                   1

OM    4 | 0 | 0 | 0  | 0 | 0 |    |    |    | -  |  4  |  6  | 0  | 4   
ARK  0 | 0 | 0 | 0  | 1 |    |    |    |    | -  |  1  |  3  | 0  | 2   

THUNDER!

Wisco Pig