Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Brett Eibner

Started by Baconomics, April 26, 2017, 11:56:56 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Baconomics

Brett has been like a yo-yo for the last week...

4/19 - Brought up to the Dodgers
4/23 - Sent back to AAA Oklahoma City
4/25 - Brought up to the Dodgers
4/26 - Sent back to AAA Oklahoma City

During the first stint, he did manage to go 1-5, but he is doing serious damage in OKC where he is batting .344.  I'm sure he will get another shot.  It's a long season.  In the meantime, he's racking up a lot of frequent flier miles. 

jbell96

Quote from: mrp on April 27, 2017, 12:48:46 am
Man as good of a player as he is just begs the question of whether it's worth it.

Not sure what you're getting at, but I'm sure it's worth it for him to try and make it to the bigs and stay on a 25 man roster. I'm not sure if he'll ever stick, but I hope he does.

Baconomics

I plan to see the Dodgers in Fenway in June.  I am hoping to see Beni, Forsythe, and Eibner.  Hey, it could happen!

Wisco Pig

I can understand what mrp is saying. 

Eibner is now 28 and in Year 7 of his professional career; he finally got to The Show last season with KC and Oakland, but now the Dodgers are his third franchise in nine months.   The recent yo-yoing between OKC and LA must be frustrating for him, especially when he looks at the younger talent the Dodgers have in their outfield -- Puig, Pederson (currently on the 10-day DL), Toles, Hernandez, and now the phenom Bellinger.   I couldn't blame Eibner for wondering where he fits within LA's plans.

On the other hand, very few of us have a Plan B good enough to walk away from the potential for earning MLB money.  I'm sure Eibner will keep plugging, but the situation must be difficult for him right now.

jbell96

Quote from: nesjunk on April 27, 2017, 11:44:59 am
I plan to see the Dodgers in Fenway in June.  I am hoping to see Beni, Forsythe, and Eibner.  Hey, it could happen!

I'm planning on catching Benny when he's in St. Louis for a two game series next month. Going to get there early and make sure to wear some Hog gear, maybe I can luck out and strike up a quick convo.

jry04

Quote from: mrp on April 27, 2017, 12:48:46 am
Man as good of a player as he is just begs the question of whether it's worth it.
He is making 6 figures to play baseball, so I am sure he is fine with trying to make it still.

lstewart

Yes, just saw that his 2017 contract with the Dodgers is for $535,000. Although it is too bad he has not stuck in the majors, not too many guys would quit while making half a million dollars.

jry04

Quote from: lstewart on April 27, 2017, 03:05:25 pm
Yes, just saw that his 2017 contract with the Dodgers is for $535,000. Although it is too bad he has not stuck in the majors, not too many guys would quit while making half a million dollars.

Yeah, plus his $1.25 million signing bonus as a 2nd round pick when he was drafted. The good thing is he keeps that contract regardless of being demoted or promoted. It would definitely suck being called up and sent down that much, but the money and playing a game you love would definitely make it easier to tolerate.

elksnort

Produced some of the most exciting plays of any Razorback athlete ever.

jry04

Quote from: elksnort on April 27, 2017, 05:18:02 pm
Produced some of the most exciting plays of any Razorback athlete ever.
I will never forger his homerun against UVA in Omaha. One of my favorite memories from any Razorback season.

WBOBO

Quote from: nesjunk on April 27, 2017, 11:44:59 am
It won't happen this year.  Sox aren't playing the Dodgers this year.
The difference between ordinary and extraordinary is that little extra.

WBOBO

Quote from: jry04 on April 27, 2017, 03:11:30 pm
Yeah, plus his $1.25 million signing bonus as a 2nd round pick when he was drafted. The good thing is he keeps that contract regardless of being demoted or promoted. It would definitely suck being called up and sent down that much, but the money and playing a game you love would definitely make it easier to tolerate.
I've heard that AAA ball salary is pretty decent.  Like low 6 figs.  I could be wrong though.

PintailKiller

Quote from: WBOBO on April 27, 2017, 10:14:06 pm
I've heard that AAA ball salary is pretty decent.  Like low 6 figs.  I could be wrong though.
A lot of the salary depends on if you are on the 40 man.  More experienced are in the $75-$90K range.  Minimum is $2150/ month.
"Just take the ball and throw it where you want to. Throw strikes. Home plate don't move."

Baconomics

Quote from: WBOBO on April 27, 2017, 10:11:12 pm
It won't happen this year.  Sox aren't playing the Dodgers this year.

You're right.  It's the Angels. 

Baconomics

By the way, when Brett signed with the Dodgers last season, he was guaranteed $535k.  I'm no MLB attorney, but I imagine he is supporting his family just fine.

jry04

Quote from: mrp on April 27, 2017, 10:52:42 pm
Like Latrell Sprewell said that ain't that much he's got to feed his family.
He is doing alright for himself with $500k+ guaranteed, plus whatever is left of his $1.25 million signing bonus. Hope he can manage to make ends meet!

Wisco Pig

Eibner is with LA again.  Outfielder Andrew Toles will need season-ending surgery to repair a torn ACL, so Eibner and Scott Van Slyke have been called back from the AAA club in Oklahoma City.  To make room for the new outfielders, the Dodgers also placed pitcher Adam Liberatore on the 10-day disabled list with a groin strain.

http://www.truebluela.com/2017/5/10/15619374/brett-eibner-scott-van-slyke-recalled-dodgers-adam-liberatore-disabled-list

WBOBO

What's the line in Armageddon with Rock Hound....Either way stayin or goin?
One of my favs.

WBOBO

Quote from: nesjunk on May 02, 2017, 02:56:45 pm
You're right.  It's the Angels. 
Dude you had my hopes up.  Maybe you just gave a premonition
of the World Series.  Would Love It!!!!  East Coast vs West Coast.  Love both
places but love Boston more.  Way more.