Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Color commentator

Started by GoPigs69, April 25, 2017, 09:40:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

GoPigs69

Good lord the color commentator is terrible.  He keeps saying "we" so I suppose he's connected to the Razorback program in some way but he's absolutely terrible. 

Cracker Jack

Quote from: GoPigs69 on April 25, 2017, 09:40:22 pm
Good lord the color commentator is terrible.  He keeps saying "we" so I suppose he's connected to the Razorback program in some way but he's absolutely terrible. 
Oh yeah.....a former Razorback baseball player during the DeBryne days.  He is such an obvious homer!  I can't believe someone hasn't told him to back off with his rooting for the Hogs.  If I am a K-State fan, I am really perturbed with this broadcast.  Of course, I'm good with it!  :>)

Dr. Starcs

Former hog or not, he was not very good.

FraggleHog

His name is Troy Eklund. Former All-American that played for the 1989 CWS team.

I know he does color on the SEC Network games. In my opinion all the color guys on SEC Network are homers. Doesn't bother me...
Calling the Hogs from DFW

philiphog

After listening to the Auburn love fest this past weekend by their announcers, I'm more than okay than listening to an announcer that loves the Hogs.

elksnort

Quote from: FraggleHog on April 26, 2017, 10:04:31 am

I know he does color on the SEC Network games. In my opinion all the color guys on SEC Network are homers. Doesn't bother me...
No, I think they are talking about the african american guy doing color last night on CST. I guess he is a former Hog and did say "we" and actually rooted for us.
One the positive side, he had a good voice and was very knowledgeable.

ricepig

Quote from: FraggleHog on April 26, 2017, 10:04:31 am

Troy wasn't the color guy last night.

jbell96

Eklund isn't that good, but when compared to most other homer color guys around the SEC, he's definitely in the top half. Our guys actually prepare for the broadcasts and know things about our opponents. The guys at Auburn didn't know anything about us & were mispronouncing names all weekend. Not to mention, they said the Hogs hadn't played a team as good as Auburn this year. I think Arizona, Mississippi State, & LSU would disagree with that sentiment.

FraggleHog

Quote from: ricepig on April 26, 2017, 10:24:47 am
Troy wasn't the color guy last night.

Got it... I don't get CST and only listened to the radio broadcast. Thanks for the clarification.
Calling the Hogs from DFW

hogman64

Kendrick Moore played with the Hogs in the mid 90s , also minor league ball.  He was a good player ...that was one of the worst broadcast jobs ever, the worst part was listening to Gene Stephenson the curmudgeon former Wichita State coach for what seemed like an hour, then immediately followed for what seemed like another hour by Jaime Bluma a former pitcher under Stephenson, who later pitched in 17 games for the Royals and now apparently sees himself as a celebrity.  The announcers pretty much just let the game go in order to let those two guys say nothing of interest for forever.......Kendrick Moore was an excellent homer for us tho.  Very unusual style he had.

El Duderino

There are times when Eklund seems to think that he could be coaching the team better than DVH.  That's the worst thing a color commentator could do in my eyes.  He no good

ricepig

Quote from: El Duderino on April 27, 2017, 07:35:15 am
There are times when Eklund seems to think that he could be coaching the team better than DVH.  That's the worst thing a color commentator could do in my eyes.  He no good

Wut??  Who does he think he is, one of the E.I. posters????

Kevin

Quote from: ricepig on April 27, 2017, 08:02:48 am
Wut??  Who does he think he is, one of the E.I. posters????

he could not make it on here
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22