Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arkansas Baseball resume and RPI

Started by SPAL, February 21, 2017, 04:05:09 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

SPAL

Quote from: Razorback_Mack on March 26, 2017, 05:51:59 pm

It would be nice to win 20. We've only done that once in the SEC.

We may not get there, but we've got the setup to do it.

WizardofhOgZ

Quote from: Razorback_Mack on March 26, 2017, 05:51:59 pm

It would be nice to win 20. We've only done that once in the SEC.

We moved from #52 to #29 by winning two of the three games in Columbia this weekend.

http://warrennolan.com/baseball/2017/rpi-live

The numbers we need to focus on are 15 and 20 - SEC wins. 15 (out of 30) means a .500 record in conference play, in recent years a lock for an NCAA invitation. 20 SEC wins will put is (traditionally) right in the thick of the race for the SEC regular season championship, and that means we're in the conversation to host first and (perhaps) second round Tournament games.

Early to be counting "Championship chickens" yet, but those are indicators to keep in mind. We do still have some meaningful out of conference games as well.

For now - we need to focus on winning the series at Alabama next weekend.

SPAL

Current bracketology has us the #2 seed in the Norman Regional with #3 Oregon and #4 Mercer....

Matched up with the Louisville region with Mizzou as the #2 in that region.

http://www.collegesportsmadness.com/baseball/bracketology

BroyledNutts

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on March 27, 2017, 11:06:35 pm
Current bracketology has us the #2 seed in the Norman Regional with #3 Oregon and #4 Mercer....

There's some serious flaws with that bracketology, but it's fun to speculate I guess.

PorkRyan

Jumped up to 20 after the MSU win over Ole Miss. MSU is now 24.

CJ HOG

MSU and Miami(OH) both had 20+ jumps this past week, helping us jump 8 spots without taking the field. Not to shabby, thank you rain.

On a similar note, Alabama currently has the highest rpi of our remaining opponents at 151. Hopefully we can help them slide a little further down this weekend. WPS!

Razorbacks#1

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on March 27, 2017, 11:06:35 pm

11 of the 14 SEC teams in that one. Show's a lot of respect for the conference.
"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

ErykofArkansas

Quote from: CJ HOG on March 31, 2017, 07:53:15 am
MSU and Miami(OH) both had 20+ jumps this past week, helping us jump 8 spots without taking the field. Not to shabby, thank you rain.

On a similar note, Alabama currently has the highest rpi of our remaining opponents at 151. Hopefully we can help them slide a little further down this weekend. WPS!

Actually Georgia has a higher RPI at 161 then Bama, But not much difference in just 10 spots at 151 vs. 161 lol.

CJ HOG

Quote from: ErykofArkansas on March 31, 2017, 09:21:58 am

Actually Georgia has a higher RPI at 161 then Bama, But not much difference in just 10 spots at 151 vs. 161 lol.
Good catch, must of overlooked the Bulldogs. Thanks
Hopefully, we can deal Bama 2 or 3 home losses this weekend and make it so then.

SPAL

ErykofArkansas

Quote from: CJ HOG on March 31, 2017, 10:31:25 am
Good catch, must of overlooked the Bulldogs. Thanks
Hopefully, we can deal Bama 2 or 3 home losses this weekend and make it so then.

Well, as we should all say its better us fans over look a team then the actual team to overlook someone.  We should dominate both Bama and Georgia with no issues.  The only issues should be those we give ourselves but i hope our guys stay mentally focused and play well.

tennesseehogwild

We sure are making Zona look good and State sure is making the Hogs look good in the rpi!

JHicks3636

Quote from: tennesseehogwild on April 01, 2017, 03:23:19 pm
We sure are making Zona look good and State sure is making the Hogs look good in the rpi!

And MSU helps us more today.

SPAL

For now, we are 18 RPI and Mississippi State is 15

SPAL

Everybody please welcome the Rhode Island Rams to the top 50.

Everybody wave goodbye to the La Tech Bulldogs who leave the top 50.

JHicks3636

Grand Canyon is 34 spots better than Bama-jeez.

ErykofArkansas

Our Next Series after LSU Georgia took a nice jump up from taking 2 of 3 from Tenn,  From 161 to 122, Lets hope they win this weekend too and jump into top 100 so when we beat them it looks better.     Honestly the rest of our Schedule in the SEC looks pretty nice, All teams almost are bordering the top 50 line (Minus georgia of course.)   Could be a great season if we win the rest of our series's

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

JHicks3636

Nothing like winning 2 games midweek and dropping 2 places in the RPI. Down to 20 in Warren Nolan.

Wisco Pig

Quote from: JHicks3636 on April 05, 2017, 09:59:40 pm
Nothing like winning 2 games midweek and dropping 2 places in the RPI. Down to 20 in Warren Nolan.

True, but not all that bad, considering:
1.  Grand Canyon came into Fayetteville with a 100+ RPI.
2.  Half the SEC got skull-fricked in non-conference games Tuesday.

YtownHog

Quote from: Wisco Pig on April 05, 2017, 10:29:17 pm
True, but not all that bad, considering:
1.  Grand Canyon came into Fayetteville with a 100+ RPI.
2.  Half the SEC got skull-fricked in non-conference games Tuesday.

Also Bryant, which is sub 200 beat one of our higher non con wins, Rhode Island.  Dropping them out of the top 50.  The good news is Bryant has a couple wins in a row now.  Maybe they can get hot and get that RPI back up higher.

Kevin

Just win baby. All about the number in the left column
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7

PintailKiller

"Just take the ball and throw it where you want to. Throw strikes. Home plate don't move."

RzrbckMAJ

Florida as a national seed?!?! That's the funniest thing I've seen all week.
"There is only one tactical principle which is not subject to change. It is to use the means at hand to inflict the maximum amount of wound, death, and destruction on the enemy in the minimum amount of time."
-- General George S. Patton, Jr

omahawg#17

Woof. Our regional and Lubbock would be pretty loaded. Rhode Island is no 4 seed, and then we would have Baylor and Missouri State on top of that.. Paired with a heavy-hitting Texas Tech team that has a very good St. Johns club as a 2 seed in there. Florida as an overall 8 seed LOL. Please smash them, Tennessee. Still can't believe they pulled what they did against Stetson.
Speak softly and carry a big stick.

311Hog

interesting teams in our section.  I mean RI team we already played, and Missou State (regional rivialry? heh).

Its like in Basketball when people always seem to pair us with UNC.  Every time i look up it is Missou State.

hogfan14

omahawg#17

One thing I keep seeing is FGCU in the Gainesville regional.. Not a team you want in your regional. Sort of like having Dallas Baptist (while Wes was there).
Speak softly and carry a big stick.

SPAL

Another projection.....This one has us hosting. Hosting liberty with Florida State and Oklahoma state matched up in the 2/3.....

Paired with the fort Worth regional who has TCU,  miss st, Oregon, and Alabama state

BroyledNutts

That's not a bad bracket - I've seen worse for sure - the negative that sticks out is having to go to TCU - all that incessant whistling, wooping after every throw, people right behind home waving at the pitchers during delivery - not to mention roasting hot in June ... but it's better than being on the other side of the bracket.

Hogs49ers

How the hell did our RPI drop after beating the cornasses?
SCREW Vandy!

SPAL

Because a lot of our opponents lost and our sos keeps dropping. I don't agree with it, bit that's how it is.

But like Kevin says.....Just win baby

Kevin

keep looking at those numbers will make you angry.

again McNeese state is 20th in rpi.

SPAL

Quote from: Kevin on April 08, 2017, 10:02:52 am
keep looking at those numbers will make you angry.

again McNeese state is 20th in rpi.

Maybe, but it's what we have and will be used for postseason placement.

SPAL

Nebraska creeping up to the top 50

SPAL

CJ HOG

Rhode Island and Missouri both on the verge of breaking the top 50rpi.

CJ HOG

April 11, 2017, 11:42:27 pm #87 Last Edit: April 12, 2017, 10:19:39 am by CJ HOG
Hogs rise to #22 on heels of good road win over M.S.U. tonight.

Kevin

In the rpi world, last nights win was more valuable than winning vs lsu

SPAL

Bracketology update:

(1) Arkansas
(4) Mercer

(2) Wake Forest
(3) Texas

(1) Louisville
(4) Tennessee tech

(2)Michigan
(3) Kent St.

Kevin

HogFansReunited

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on April 12, 2017, 09:43:39 pm
Bracketology update:

(1) Arkansas
(4) Mercer

(2) Wake Forest
(3) Texas

(1) Louisville
(4) Tennessee tech

(2)Michigan
(3) Kent St.

I would absolutely love this bracket.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

BroyledNutts

Quote from: Kevin on April 13, 2017, 06:44:47 am
http://www.baseballamerica.com/college/projected-field-64-april-12/#GivIvuTQJfiS7TMV.97

Lost the hosting. Go to Lubbock in this projection

Amazing - lose the series to LSU and suddenly we're a 2 seed somewhere.
Oh, and of course, LSU is suddenly a national seed ... all is right with the universe again...and there's Florida, a regional host at .500 ...

Never mind the Hog's potential to win all other series left. Shows their true opinions, doesn't it.

SPAL

FraggleHog

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on April 13, 2017, 10:14:23 pm
Up to 20

I assume this big jump has a lot to do with what other teams are doing... more so than our win over a rpi 100 team
Calling the Hogs from DFW

Kevin

Quote from: BroyledNutts on April 13, 2017, 02:41:40 pm
Amazing - lose the series to LSU and suddenly we're a 2 seed somewhere.
Oh, and of course, LSU is suddenly a national seed ... all is right with the universe again...and there's Florida, a regional host at .500 ...

Never mind the Hog's potential to win all other series left. Shows their true opinions, doesn't it.

You have learned the system. You forgot to
Mention South Carolina is still hosting as well

jbell96

Quote from: Kevin on April 13, 2017, 06:44:47 am
http://www.baseballamerica.com/college/projected-field-64-april-12/#GivIvuTQJfiS7TMV.97

Lost the hosting. Go to Lubbock in this projection

I'm not a fan of Baseball America these days. They haven't been that great since losing all of their top guys to D1.

SPAL

WizardofhOgZ

Ever since we built the wonderful Baum Stadium 20 years ago, I've been salivating at getting Texas at OUR place for an NCAA Regional.  Back in the day, before Baum and many other fine venues, only a select handful were anointed to host virtually every year - and Texas was one of them.  We've had to go there several times to advance, and we all know what a stacked deck that is.  Sure - year in and year out (especially in those days), Texas is/was good, to begin with.  But, there's a reason we got out of the Texas-based SWC, and home cooking officials are one of them.

So, turnabout is fair play.  Even since we've had Baum, we've had to to go Austin at least once (and, I believe, twice) for Regionals.  So, let's hope this early projection holds true, and the Longhorns come to our place for once.

Youngers, please save your time and energy about how we olders need to let loose of our obsession with Texas.  Yes, I understand the argument.  Yes, it has merit, and I do get that wins over SEC teams are a better thing to focus on these days.  All of that said, when you spend your first 40 years building up enmity for a rival, it never goes away.  While a win over Tennessee, Florida, Ole Miss, LSU et al may be more important in some ways, a win over Texas in any sport is just soooooo satisfying.

BroyledNutts

While it might be fun to have Texas here for sentimental reasons, Wake Forest could very likely beat us at home, and trust me, the Hogs want no part of Louisville in a Super. Glad this is only a post season guess.