Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bazzel as AD?

Started by HungryHog, October 05, 2017, 04:03:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Seebs

Androgynous Diva? I kid, I kid.

He played third chair behind Tommy Smith and Wally Hall for a few years. Let that sink in.
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

Tusks

bazzelhoff does know the value of a map.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

Hawgphish

Baz as AD, and Tommy Smith as head Coach, and Roger Scott for Offensive Coordinator.

I'll hang up and listen.

Hogs-n-Roses

Seebs

Quote from: Hogs-n-Roses on October 05, 2017, 06:24:48 pm
29-44

You still have no understanding what an AD does. I know you're mad bro - but go kick a dog.
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

the 1 and only

Quote from: HungryHog on October 05, 2017, 04:03:49 pm
This will probably get slammed because of the pounding the show with no name gets on here, but I heard it brought up once on the radio, but never here or anywhere else since, so I thought I would throw it into the furnace of Hogville.

What about cleaning house - remove Jeff Long and CBB.  Hire David Bazzel as AD.  With the Broyles award he has tons of connections for advice on rising coaching talent.  He has his hands in a million things - all Razorback related.  The man loves the Hogs.  He has good relationships with current donors.

I am tired of Uncommon, NeverYield, and GPA.  I want to win.  I want someone leading the Razorbacks that wants to win.  I think Bazzel brings a great attitude and identity for our program.

What am I missing here?  I hate that every thread on here just gets trashed now, but it's where we are..  How bad of an idea is this?

I'll hang up and listen.

Oh *&^%% no
molon Labe

Use your rights before you lose them

the 1 and only

This will probably get slammed because of the pounding the show with no name gets on here, but I heard it brought up once on the radio, but never here or anywhere else since, so I thought I would throw it into the furnace of Hogville.

What about cleaning house - remove Jeff Long and CBB.  Hire David Bazzel as AD.  With the Broyles award he has tons of connections for advice on rising coaching talent.  He has his hands in a million things - all Razorback related.  The man loves the Hogs.  He has good relationships with current donors.

I am tired of Uncommon, NeverYield, and GPA.  I want to win.  I want someone leading the Razorbacks that wants to win.  I think Bazzel brings a great attitude and identity for our program.

What am I missing here?  I hate that every thread on here just gets trashed now, but it's where we are..  How bad of an idea is this?

I'll hang up and listen.

Uh no
molon Labe

Use your rights before you lose them

RazorbackToTheFuture

Quote from: DLUXHOG on October 05, 2017, 06:01:35 pm
1. Raised Arkansas credibility by doing the right thing...
2. Raised the UofA's credibility by doing the right thing...
3. Raised American colleges sports teams credibility by doing the right thing...
4. Shall I continue?

I'm assuming you are referring to firing Petrino?  Otherwise I'm not sure what "raising credibility by doing the right thing" is.

Is it:
1) Helping BP circumvent the 30 waiting period to interview and hire Jessica Dorrell?
- Not saying BP isn't at fault but Long requested the Office of the EOC wave the waiting period because and I quote Jeffie here, "We feel that flexibility is necessary."
- Jeffie may have not known that BP was hiring his side-ho but he bent the rules because Petrino told him to.  That's just straight up shows you being Jeffie was BP's little biotch.
2) Hiring JLS knowingly that he was bankrupt?
- Would love to see if they even ran any medical tests cause hell the man was pure nuts.  Getting his "piss hot", "smile", and forgetting that he wasn't the coach of Alabama didn't exactly lend us credibility.
3) Hiring Anderson?
- We were scared to hire another caucasian, that's doing the right thing fo sho.
4) Hiring Bielema based on a love letter?
- Wisconsin has had no issue kicking tail since Bielema left.  We have been a revolving door for assistants and coordinators.  Jeffie was over the moon riding the #integrity train and didn't do his homework.
5) Increasing the buyout for the coach with the worst SEC record?
- This one just made us look plain stupid.  Jeffie took a gamble and it didn't work.  Not credible.
6) Hiring Jimmy Dykes?
- Do I even have to type more here?  Celebrity hire, I like Dykes but he was in no shape or form qualified to run an NCAA program.
7) Shall I continue?

I look forward to your reply with actual evidence or statement at least instead of just repeating the word credible multiple times.

Cinco de Hogo

PonderinHog

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on October 05, 2017, 06:53:19 pm
David says,

Participation trophies for everyone!
I would like one that doesn't weigh two hundred and fifty pounds, please.

LRrazorback

Not sure how you guys can be so negative about David. He's brought lots of great notoriety to our state, and he's not even from here.  Maybe he shouldn't be ad, yet, but to hate on him is assanine. But it's what I expect from a lot of you.

Boardon Hamsay

I wouldn't hire Bazzel to be an elementary geography teacher despite his trophy designing prowess so I'll also pass on him being an AD.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

LRrazorback

Quote from: hog13hog on October 05, 2017, 06:48:03 pm
I'm assuming you are referring to firing Petrino?  Otherwise I'm not sure what "raising credibility by doing the right thing" is.

Is it:
1) Helping BP circumvent the 30 waiting period to interview and hire Jessica Dorrell?
- Not saying BP isn't at fault but Long requested the Office of the EOC wave the waiting period because and I quote Jeffie here, "We feel that flexibility is necessary."
- Jeffie may have not known that BP was hiring his side-ho but he bent the rules because Petrino told him to.  That's just straight up shows you being Jeffie was BP's little biotch.
2) Hiring JLS knowingly that he was bankrupt?
- Would love to see if they even ran any medical tests cause hell the man was pure nuts.  Getting his "piss hot", "smile", and forgetting that he wasn't the coach of Alabama didn't exactly lend us credibility.
3) Hiring Anderson?
- We were scared to hire another caucasian, that's doing the right thing fo sho.
4) Hiring Bielema based on a love letter?
- Wisconsin has had no issue kicking tail since Bielema left.  We have been a revolving door for assistants and coordinators.  Jeffie was over the moon riding the #integrity train and didn't do his homework.
5) Increasing the buyout for the coach with the worst SEC record?
- This one just made us look plain stupid.  Jeffie took a gamble and it didn't work.  Not credible.
6) Hiring Jimmy Dykes?
- Do I even have to type more here?  Celebrity hire, I like Dykes but he was in no shape or form qualified to run an NCAA program.
7) Shall I continue?

I look forward to your reply with actual evidence or statement at least instead of just repeating the word credible multiple times.

All this is part of it but it's also trying to hire 1) Tommy Bowden and 2) the wake forest coach, Jim Grobe? I think.  It's hard to trust him to hire the next one. And let's be honest, the most important job of an AD is hiring and firing the head football coach.

jrulz83

When I think of Bazzel, all I see is this:

Lenin is cautiously optimistic.

kodiakisland

Bazzel as AD.  What a great idea.  Every game's a trophy game.  Can't wait to see how big and ugly they get.
If gun control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome. http://heyjackass.com/

ErnestHamingway

No thanks. From people who have dealt with DB, he's a great idea-man, but not so much of a follow-through-man.

Boardon Hamsay

After careful reconsideration of everything this thread entails, I have concluded that the best choice for our next AD is "The Nature Boy" Ric Flair. Please let me know if you have any questions.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

Locutus_of_Boar

Quote from: longpig on October 05, 2017, 04:15:55 pm
You think Dazzling Dave would be as good of an AD as he is a map trophy designer?

My first thought too.

CBB's 3-9 in trophy games so far, I don't think the program could survive having any more rivalries.

PorkSoda

Quote from: Locutus_of_Boar on October 05, 2017, 07:56:44 pm
My first thought too.

CBB's 3-9 in trophy games so far, I don't think the program could survive having any more rivalries.
well there are 6 states that border arkansas so, I figure we need at least 4 more trophies.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

East Clintwood

Quote from: DLUXHOG on October 05, 2017, 06:01:35 pm
1. Raised Arkansas credibility by doing the right thing...
2. Raised the UofA's credibility by doing the right thing...
3. Raised American colleges sports teams credibility by doing the right thing...
4. Shall I continue?

Might as well -- you're 0 for 3 so far.
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

jrulz83

Quote from: Darrell Royal's Floating Flaming Fulminating Spectral Head on October 05, 2017, 07:48:34 pm
After careful reconsideration of everything this thread entails, I have concluded that the best choice for our next AD is "The Nature Boy" Ric Flair. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Consider the gauntlet thrown:

Lenin is cautiously optimistic.

Porked Tongue

We'd own the Gucci Award for AD's.

HardCore

Quote from: The_Iceman on October 05, 2017, 04:28:01 pm
What has Jeff Long done to deserve being fired?

Let's see...............how about starting with the approval of a contract in which the Head Coach and his agent has all of the leverage.  Thus, sticking our Alma Matter with a $15MM bill that Brett is in complete control of.......all while he is racking up a 0.500 to 0.600 annual win percentage.  That ranks right up there with the Iran Nuclear Deal.
Beware the lollipop of mediocrity; lick it once and you'll suck forever....Brian Wilson (Beach Boys)

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: PonderinHog on October 05, 2017, 07:01:21 pm
I would like one that doesn't weigh two hundred and fifty pounds, please.

Ok just for you DB will design The Styrofoam Trophy.  The design will be a rendition of your avatar.  It will be awarded each year at one of our rent a win games and presented by the local chapter of LBGT organization.

Psychohog

Quote from: hog of steele on October 05, 2017, 04:06:29 pm
You don't hire a radio broadcaster to run an organization as complex as a high level athletic department.
#Oval office
Never smarten up a chump.

PorkSoda

Quote from: HardCore on October 05, 2017, 08:55:17 pm
Let's see...............how about starting with the approval of a contract in which the Head Coach and his agent has all of the leverage.  Thus, sticking our Alma Matter with a $15MM bill that Brett is in complete control of.......all while he is racking up a 0.500 to 0.600 annual win percentage.  That ranks right up there with the Iran Nuclear Deal.
the number looks big, but the only real change in his contract was the extension and raise which was worked into the buy out.  CBB went from 3.2 mill to 3.85 mill x 4 years which is approximately a 20% raise.

now a 20% raise for winning 2 conference games in 2 years is a bit...well...excessive IMO.

I mean surely their were performance goals that one should meet in order to be eligible for a raise.  does that mean CBB exceeded Longs expectations by winning 2 conference games?
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

PonderinHog

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on October 05, 2017, 08:59:04 pm
Ok just for you DB will design The Styrofoam Trophy.  The design will be a rendition of your avatar.  It will be awarded each year at one of our rent a win games and presented by the local chapter of LBGT organization.
Since you obviously know where that is, would you mind picking it up for me?

The Hawg Marshal

This is another of those threads that you expect to see around May.

FineAsSwine

Quote from: The Hawg Marshal on October 05, 2017, 09:18:08 pm
Hogs up! Covid down!

Mr. Porkleone

I'll hang up and listen.

Is this a Joke? You've lost your ever loving marbles. Go back to the cave you cave out of

hawgmasta

I see they're handing out the medical marijuana cards a little early. Still waiting on mine . .

PorkRinds

Quote from: hoggusamoungus on October 05, 2017, 05:50:55 pm
With Bobby Shields as SID.

The pressers will now be called "From the coach's chair".

Sapperhog

I'll hang up and listen.

For a minute there I thought I was in Mizzou, where that meth flows like wine. Yikes.

East Clintwood

Quote from: The Hawg Marshal on October 05, 2017, 09:18:08 pm

Well, the team is doing so well this year that's there no areas of concern for us to worry about and that creates lots of free time that needs to be filled.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: Darrell Royal's Floating Flaming Fulminating Spectral Head on October 05, 2017, 07:24:04 pm
I wouldn't hire Bazzel to be an elementary geography teacher despite his trophy designing prowess so I'll also pass on him being an AD.

He didn't design the trophies. He was just the "front man" for the groups putting them together to try and "force feed" us a rivalry game.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

BoogaHog

This thread is making me cry I am laughing so hard ;D  I have to wipe away me bloody tears.  The shark tooth necklace and Florida shaped trophy...Nice!

(notOM)Rebel123

He emceed the Broyles Foundation Dinner a few months ago. He spent so much time talking about his playing days, you'd think he was as good as Mike Singletary. Geez.

BoogaHog

What are the chances we could "buy" Terry Don Phillips back?  He was the AD in waiting under Coach JFB (RIP).  He was a protege of JFB, but now clearly understands the era of 21st century athletics.  I bet he would like the challenge.  In the immortal words of Jimmy from Grapevine, "Raainndeee, I'll hang up an listen."

Porked Tongue

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on October 05, 2017, 10:02:00 pm
He emceed the Broyles Foundation Dinner a few months ago. He spent so much time talking about his playing days, you'd think he was as good as Mike Singletary. Geez.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: BJJHog on October 05, 2017, 10:12:53 pm
What are the chances we could "buy" Terry Don Phillips back?  He was the AD in waiting under Coach JFB (RIP).  He was a protege of JFB, but now clearly understands the era of 21st century athletics.  I bet he would like the challenge.  In the immortal words of Jimmy from Grapevine, "Raainndeee, I'll hang up an listen."

Well, he retired from Clemson in 2013...

Hawgphish

Top 10 reasons to hire Baz as AD: 
10.  Training tables will be replaced with tanning beds
9.  Mandatory teeth whitening sessions for all coaches
8.  All linebackers will wear neck rolls
7.  He will have a 24 hour hotline to Frank Fletcher
6.  All coaches will be trained in the art of over-laughter
5.  Roger scott will take over the cheer programs.
4.  Half time shows will center around Elvis tunes
3.  Budget savings will result from purchasing uniform jerseys no larger than an adult medium
2.   Head coaches will receive contract extensions only if they correctly answer the question:  bigger babe, Dawn Scott or Beth Hunt?
1.  Nose bleed seats will have access to the Tommy Smith Lounge.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: Hawgphish on October 05, 2017, 10:31:34 pm
Top 10 reasons to hire Baz as AD: 
10.  Training tables will be replaced with tanning beds
9.  Mandatory teeth whitening sessions for all coaches
8.  All linebackers will wear neck rolls
7.  He will have a 24 hour hotline to Frank Fletcher
6.  All coaches will be trained in the art of over-laughter
5.  Roger scott will take over the cheer programs.
4.  Half time shows will center around Elvis tunes
3.  Budget savings will result from purchasing uniform jerseys no larger than an adult medium
2.   Head coaches will receive contract extensions only if they correctly answer the question:  bigger babe, Dawn Scott or Beth Hunt?
1.  Nose bleed seats will have access to the Tommy Smith Lounge.

Letterman couldn't have said it better himself...+a bunch

KlubhouseKonnected

October 05, 2017, 10:34:20 pm #92 Last Edit: October 05, 2017, 10:48:47 pm by KlubhouseKonnected
Quote from: FineAsSwine on October 05, 2017, 04:56:30 pm
Because hogville?

I have heard several bring this up in the past month. People are dumb but... it's apparent they are getting dumber
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

longpig

Don't be scared, be smart.

(notOM)Rebel123

East Clintwood

Quote from: mrp on October 05, 2017, 10:57:30 pm
BAZZ FOR PREZ 2020!!!!

Hey, if The Hedgehog can run, then I guess Baz can too.

OS2 (SW) Razor Back

Strollin Nolan for AD!!!!
The Giants win the penent!!!!!The Giants win the penent!!!
Today, I consider myself the luckiest man on the face of the Earth.
I can't believe what I just saw!!!!
Down goes Frazier!!!! Down goes Frazier!!!
Do you believe in miricles?!?!?!

Hog N Bama

Quote from: hog13hog on October 05, 2017, 05:58:28 pm
What has he done to deserve to keep his job?
Likes to WIN? LOL

harrisburghog

Bazzel's only passion is for himself.

Torqued pork

Make it happen. The Baz was James Garner's favorite son and he has a year-round tan George Hamilton would envy.