Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Doink!

Started by Lando Calrissian, April 12, 2006, 02:20:41 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Lando Calrissian

Quote from: Breems

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haGfGkX-MbA&feature=youtube_gdata

Quote from: HawgBallLvrKentucky would be in the same position right now at #1 even with Pel as their HC.

Quote from: IronHogJohn Stockton wouldn't sniff today's NBA.

Quote from: jacksonpollackEvery time I look around in BWA I get dizzy. It is hard to judge the capacity. During the Auburn game I tried to count all the people in attendance but got lost at around 30,000.

Lando Calrissian

Quote from: HawgBallLvrKentucky would be in the same position right now at #1 even with Pel as their HC.

Quote from: jacksonpollackEvery time I look around in BWA I get dizzy. It is hard to judge the capacity. During the Auburn game I tried to count all the people in attendance but got lost at around 30,000.

mword

Everytime I see clowns, I think of John Wayne Gacy..

Lando Calrissian

Lando Calrissian

hoggiefan

clowns scare me! 
where is doink now?

King-Tusk

I hate clowns.  All posts with clowns should have a disclaimer on them.
"You're talkin to my man all wrong.  It's the wrong tone.  Do it again and I'll stab you in the face with a soldering iron!"

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Arkansas is expected to go 3-0 in the Sun Belt this season. The Hogs had only one other spot to add a Sun Belt team, but filled that nonconference spot with Division I-AA Chattanooga for War Memorial Stadium in October.

hogfan064

Doink=Eugene(the retard)=Big Josh(the WCW lumberjack)=Matt Borne(WWF jobber)

Where's Dink?

Brett Hitman Hog

Quote from: hogfan064 on April 12, 2006, 11:12:30 am
Doink=Eugene(the retard)=Big Josh(the WCW lumberjack)=Matt Borne(WWF jobber)

Where's Dink?
Bottom Middle:

Doink is Eugene?

hydrophonic

Quote from: The Hitman on April 12, 2006, 11:15:43 amDoink is Eugene?

Not really.  Nick Dinsmore (aka Eugene) played Doink a couple of times, but I think it was more Dinsmore as Eugene as Doink if you can follow that.

Doink was primairily played by Matt Osborne (the original Doink), Steve Lombardi, & Ray Apollo.

Thankfully, I had to look that up.
"The future sucks." "Change it."

hydrophonic

Speaking of Eugene, I've heard that Dinsmore can really wrestle.  If that's so, I'd really like to see him drop the Eugene gimmick and turn heel.  I'd love to see him in the ring giving a promo along the lines of "You people really thought I was retarded?  How stupid ARE you people?  I'll tell you who's retarded..."

hogfan064

Quote from: hydrophonic on April 12, 2006, 12:11:44 pm
Quote from: The Hitman on April 12, 2006, 11:15:43 amDoink is Eugene?

Not really.  Nick Dinsmore (aka Eugene) played Doink a couple of times, but I think it was more Dinsmore as Eugene as Doink if you can follow that.

Doink was primairily played by Matt Osborne (the original Doink), Steve Lombardi, & Ray Apollo.

Thankfully, I had to look that up.

Wasn't Steve Lombardi the Brooklyn Brawler also?  I might have my WWF/E jobbers mixed up

hydrophonic

Big Papa Satan

Didn't Jericho wrestle as Doink at one point?

hydrophonic

Yes, but only once.  This was part of the lead up to Jericho's IC Title shot against William Regal at WM17.  That was a good match.

Speaking of Jericho, consider this when wondering why he isn't currently wrestling:

WM16 - v Angle v Benoit with the IC & European Titles on the line, Jericho won the European Title
WM17 - v Regal for the IC Title, Jericho won the IC Title
Vengeance 2001 - defeated Steve Austin & The Rock to unify the WCW & WWF Titles
WM18 - defended the Undisputed Title v Triple H and lost
WM19 - v HBK, lost but one of the best matches of the night
WM20 - v Christian, really was just the impetus for Trish to turn heel
WM21 - MITBLM

While the MITBLM was a lot of fun to watch, they really dropped Jericho from the main event scene too soon.  I've never heard anything about him having ego issues, so I'm not saying he quit because he wasn't main eventing.  Just something to consider.

Brett Hitman Hog

At one point Jericho talked about coming back after this "hiatus."  Playing w/ Fozzy, getting into acting and such.  If Trip H doesn't like you, you won't stay around.  It took a while to get up there.  Jericho is great.  He can work the ring better than many in the WWE right now.  Work the mic as well as The Rock.  He should be still fighting in the main event.  Oh well.

hogfan064

From everything I've heard Jericho left because he wanted to not because he was forced to do so. 

hydrophonic

Agreed.  Jericho's ring skills are only equaled by his mic skills.  The WWE misses him BIG TIME even if they don't admit it.

I don't know about heat between H and Jericho.  I would like to think that H is smart enough not to run off guys that can work.  Goldberg is one thing, Jericho is another.

Brett Hitman Hog

Well .. some guys he doesn't like when they steal his thunder.  Remember the 5 minute title reign Jericho only to have it go right back to Trip H in the show.  That made Jericho look stupid, and they didn't give him a strap for a year and a half or so.  The Rock and SSCA were good enough to lose to him, HHH never would where it counted in the books.

hydrophonic

In the interest of fairness - and as a total HHH mark - Austin & The Rock were on the back sides of their careers while H was still on the way up.

Still, with the "brand extension" there is room for 7 or 8 main event guys.  If H can't get along with somebody, that guy can be on SmackDown!

Lando Calrissian

Here is an analogy that some of you who are a lot more dialed in to this stuff will be able to tell me whether it's accurate or not, but here it goes:

Kevin Nash is to WCW as HHH is to WWE?

Nash was given a LOT of creative input during the (what would become) the latter days of the WCW, and a lot of his decisions contributed to the downfall of the company.

Is HHH's input/control that far-reaching?  Or is this thing with Jericho just a petty, ridiculous personal grudge that has been taken way too far?

RBLtoHOG

Any of yal watch Hogan Knows Best? I love that show (mainly cause im a Hulkamaniac ;) ) and now Hogan is training his son to Wrestle.... dude needs to pump some iron
In any fight, life or football, its the guy who is willing to die who will win that inch. If I'm gonna have any life anymore its because I'm still willing to fight and die for that inch....because, that's what living is!

Lando Calrissian

Quote from: RBLtoHOG on April 12, 2006, 03:39:02 pm
Any of yal watch Hogan Knows Best? I love that show (mainly cause im a Hulkamaniac ;) ) and now Hogan is training his son to Wrestle.... dude needs to pump some iron

I was never a Hulkamaniac, but yes, I do watch (and enjoy) the show.

Brett Hitman Hog

That is a great analogy.. After all HHH did marry into family.  He has a lot of say.

I don't like The Hulkster as a wrestler, but the Hogan Knows Best is great.

LL COOL HOG

The first time I saw doink that's when I decided I had enough of wrestling.  I still watch  everyonce and and a while.  Its just not the same anymore for me.  Its hard for me to enjoy a match win the winner is already decided of the moves have been choreographed.

Lando Calrissian

Quote from: bigrod155Its just not the same anymore for me.  Its hard for me to enjoy a match win the winner is already decided of the moves have been choreographed.

That's a valid point.

On the flipside of that, show me something on tv in which the outcome hasn't been decided and the moves haven't been choreographed.

It'd be totally different if they played it off as real.  Aside from the 10 year old in the audience, everybody above the age of 20 knows that it's staged and they know that it's choreographed.

Seriously, pro-wrestling has its low points, but I'll take it over crap like "Deal or no deal" and "Judging Amy" any day of the week.

Tater Salad

I like Jericho, but Fozzy sucks ass

give it up, dude

Deal or No Deal is the most scripted shiit i've ever seen on tv

the contestants are BAD actors

even the audience seems like actors

terrible show

Lando Calrissian

Quote from: Tater SaladDeal or No Deal is the most scripted shiit i've ever seen on tv

the contestants are BAD actors

even the audience seems like actors

I've only seen it once and that's the exact same thing I thought about it.

Hell, wrestling can get extremely cheesy, but even those involved know its fake and they make no secret of it.

That's why I can never take the "It's fake!" people seriously.

P.S.  If you can't get out of "Deal or No Deal" without at least $200,000 then you're a total boob.  It might be the first tv show ever where the contestants LITERALLY don't have to do anything. 

hellrazor

April 13, 2006, 12:45:29 am #29 Last Edit: April 13, 2006, 12:47:27 am by hellrazor
Don't forget the other wrestling clowns...
Even though, you should forget em...
raze<br />1 a archaic : ERASE b : to scrape, cut, or shave off<br />2 : to destroy to the ground : DEMOLISH

hellrazor

Didn't Doink do a recent WWE appearance?   He and Eugene v. Rob Conway? 
raze<br />1 a archaic : ERASE b : to scrape, cut, or shave off<br />2 : to destroy to the ground : DEMOLISH

Lando Calrissian

Whatever happened to that big tall guy that was in that group with ICP a few years back (they were called the "Freaks" or something like that)?

He was at least 7 ft tall and a horrible, horrible wrestler.

RBLtoHOG

ooh yah and that chick called "Luna" with the mohawk/mullet and tattoos was with em
In any fight, life or football, its the guy who is willing to die who will win that inch. If I'm gonna have any life anymore its because I'm still willing to fight and die for that inch....because, that's what living is!

hogfan064

They messed Jericho up at the beginning.  He had the most incredible debut in wrestling history. The confrontation with the Rock was awesome. He should've been a main eventer right away  Yet, they never built the momentum created from that Raw and stuck Jericho in a feud with Chyna and Road Dog to begin his career in the WWF/E.  Jericho could've been another HBK IMO. 

hydrophonic

As I've said before, I'm a total HHH mark, so you might want to take this with a grain of salt.

Quote from: Lando Calrissian on April 12, 2006, 03:33:47 pmKevin Nash is to WCW as HHH is to WWE?

It's a little different.  For one thing, I think Nash was booking WCW at one point and I don't think H does that.  I know that Stephanie is over creative, so H surely COULD book by proxy.  But then again, I'm not sure if creative handles the booking or just fleshes out the storylines once the booking has been made.

Either way, Vince holds the trump card and he plays if from time to time.  It was Paul Heyman that suggested that RVD win the MITBLM and then cash in at ECW One Night Stand - it's obvious enough that's going to happen, right?  I don't mean to ruin anything.  But Heyman's suggestion included HHH winning the title at Mania.  Vince changed that at the last minute, reportedly as late as the night before.  Obviously there is a Title match between now and One Night Stand and it could still be H v RVD, but I don't know if that has been decided or not.

Anyway the point is that Vince trumps things in WWE.  I'm not sure anybody was doing that in WCW.

The main difference though is that a lot of the big names in WCW had creative control clauses in their contracts.  It wasn't just Nash that had pull.  There were easily half a dozen guys who did, maybe more.  There isn't as much of that in the WWE right now.  Who has real stroke?  HHH, HBK...  who else?

hellrazor is pretty dialed in.  I'll be interested to see how accurate he thinks I am on this.

Quote from: Lando Calrissian on April 12, 2006, 04:03:14 pmSeriously, pro-wrestling has its low points, but I'll take it over crap like "Deal or no deal" and "Judging Amy" any day of the week.

Well said.  +1

Quote from: hellrazor on April 13, 2006, 12:48:25 am
Didn't Doink do a recent WWE appearance?   He and Eugene v. Rob Conway? 

Sounds right.  Right after the return to USA Network, right?

hellrazor

April 13, 2006, 09:41:19 am #35 Last Edit: April 13, 2006, 09:43:37 am by hellrazor
HHH, at one point, used to sit in on the booking meetings. A lot of wrestlers claimed conflict of interest so he stopped.

Quote from: Lando Calrissian on April 13, 2006, 01:02:40 am
Whatever happened to that big tall guy that was in that group with ICP a few years back (they were called the "Freaks" or something like that)?

He was at least 7 ft tall and a horrible, horrible wrestler.

The only tall guy I can think of they that were involved with was Mike Awesome (That 70s Guy). They wrestled against him. Awesome powerbomb Shaggy 2 Dope on a bus and Shaggy rolled over and fell off the bus.
They were in a stable with Vampiro and Raven, but that's all I know of.
They also made an appearance in ECW against RVD and Sabu.

Lando Calrissian

ICP was briefly in the WWE (then the WWF) around 6-7 years ago.  Ahh, now I remember.  The little group they lead was called "The Oddities".

The group was only around for a few months and didn't participate in all that many matches.  I do remember them having a big tall guy though.

Lando Calrissian

Doing a little bit a research here, John Tenta (Earthquake) was in the Oddities.

I know they had a taller guy than that, though.

Lando Calrissian

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oddities

Leave it to wikipedia to have a page about these guys.

Here's the big tall guy I was thinking of:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Maillet

hydrophonic

wikipedia is an INCREDIBLE source for wrestling info.  That's where all the Doink info I posted came from.