Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Goldberg to TNA

Started by hellrazor, February 09, 2006, 03:46:08 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hellrazor

Bill Goldberg was on Bubba the Love Sponge's Sirius radio show earlier today. The S.O.B. said that if TNA and Spike TV wanted to invest money and effort in going against WWE, he would be interested in talking with them.
The dumb ass also said that WWE "blew it" in regards to his Wrestlemania 20 match with Brock Lesnar... blah blah blah...
They'd better teach him to wrestle...
raze<br />1 a archaic : ERASE b : to scrape, cut, or shave off<br />2 : to destroy to the ground : DEMOLISH

hydrophonic

I saw that on wrestleview this morning.  I hope it doesn't happen.  There is a lot to like about TNA, but it seems like they are hell bent on RUINING their product.

I've never been a fan of Goldberg.  I've never been a fan of Sting [well, maybe when he was a Bladerunner but I was a child then].  I've never been a fan of Road Dogg.  I've never been a fan of Billy Gun.  I've never been a fan of Conan.  I've never been a fan of X-pac [good luck with that idiot MTV].

I'm sure there are 5 or 6 that I'm leaving out.

TNA needs to concentrate on what they do right and forget about trying to be a competitor to the kings of Sports Entertainment.  TNA needs to be the only PORFESSINAL WRESTLING promotion on TV.

They are waisting a golden opportunity.
"The future sucks." "Change it."

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: hydrophonic on February 09, 2006, 04:08:38 pm
I saw that on wrestleview this morning.  I hope it doesn't happen.  There is a lot to like about TNA, but it seems like they are hell bent on RUINING their product.

I've never been a fan of Goldberg.  I've never been a fan of Sting [well, maybe when he was a Bladerunner but I was a child then].  I've never been a fan of Road Dogg.  I've never been a fan of Billy Gun.  I've never been a fan of Conan.  I've never been a fan of X-pac [good luck with that idiot MTV].

I'm sure there are 5 or 6 that I'm leaving out.

TNA needs to concentrate on what they do right and forget about trying to be a competitor to the kings of Sports Entertainment.  TNA needs to be the only PORFESSINAL WRESTLING promotion on TV.

They are waisting a golden opportunity.

The Wrestlers on TNA are FAR SUPERIOR to the WWE.  The only advantage that the WWE has at the moment is better story line with wrestlers everyone recognizes.   But that will soon change ex specially if Spike TV starts advertising during the peak hours.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Brett Hitman Hog

They have to use those dipshiit guys like Road Dogg, Billy Gunn, etc. to draw people.  The real excitement is when you see the X guys.  Styles, Daniels, That Canadian Dude.

The addition of Christian is a great one, they can use him a lot better then the WWE because he is a bigger name than most there. 

However, you are right.  The WWE has momentum.  Although, it is slowing.  But better story writers.  TNA's biggest problem is Jeff Jarrett is like HHH putting himself in ALL of the major story lines.  But Jarrett didn't marry into that position.  He started the TNA w/ his dad.  If he would step back, the stories would go up.

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: The Hitman on February 09, 2006, 04:56:28 pm
They have to use those dipshiit guys like Road Dogg, Billy Gunn, etc. to draw people.  The real excitement is when you see the X guys.  Styles, Daniels, That Canadian Dude.

The addition of Christian is a great one, they can use him a lot better then the WWE because he is a bigger name than most there. 

However, you are right.  The WWE has momentum.  Although, it is slowing.  But better story writers.  TNA's biggest problem is Jeff Jarrett is like HHH putting himself in ALL of the major story lines.  But Jarrett didn't marry into that position.  He started the TNA w/ his dad.  If he would step back, the stories would go up.

They need a more intimidating bad guy - that Southern Ascent ain't getting it.... TRIPPLE HHH bring's intensity and you actually find yourself feeling sorry for some of his opponents.  DAMN I miss D-Generation X n-e-way back to the subject.... TNA needs a Big Bad Azz that the crowd HATES.  (NWO should have taught them something)
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

hydrophonic

Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on February 09, 2006, 04:52:15 pmThe Wrestlers on TNA are FAR SUPERIOR to the WWE.

I agree with almost everything else posted, but I don't know about "FAR SUPERIOR."  I like a lot of the TNA roster but they also have some bad wrestlers.

For every great wrestler in TNA there is one just as great in WWE.  On the other hand, for every bad wrestler in TNA there are probably 2 just as bad in WWE.

TNA is a different product.  I wish they would just run with being the best PRO WRESTLING on TV and not try so hard to be second best at SPORTS ENTERTAINMENT.

CharlieHog

The WWE has better storylines? Like which one?

And Goldberg would cost WAY too much money for TNA, so don't worry, it's never going to happen.

CharlieHog

The biggest difference between the WWE and TNA is this (becuase I agree that both have good wrestlers and both have bad wrestlers):

In TNA, the good wrestlers get to work with each other. In the WWE, the good wrestlers get spread out and work with the bad wrestlers. For example: Kurt Angle fights Mark Henry.

In TNA you have all the X guys fighting each other. So you know you're going to get at least one kick ass match.

Lanny

I miss Mid South Wrestling that came on at 10, Saturday mornings.  Hard to watch that crap that is on now and is Ric Flair 70?
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

CharlieHog

Quote from: hSv on February 10, 2006, 09:09:26 am
I miss Mid South Wrestling that came on at 10, Saturday mornings.  Hard to watch that crap that is on now and is Ric Flair 70?

He'd still take your girlfriend on a ride on space mountain. wooo!

Deuce Pigelow

Does TNA have any show's you don't have to pay for??

Thunderhog Jr

Quote from: hogcrazynut69 on February 10, 2006, 09:29:09 am
Does TNA have any show's you don't have to pay for??

:razorback:

Yes, Saturday night at 10:00 on Spike TV,  channel 325 on DirecTV, and also on some of the FSN channels.

WPS  <br />Remember the days when we were a national power??  What the Hell happened?

hydrophonic

I miss Mid South too.  They were so far ahead of their time.

I think Flair is 56.  Isn't Fit Finlay in his 50s too?
Quote from: CharlieHog on February 10, 2006, 08:45:43 am
The WWE has better storylines? Like which one?

TNA does a better job of booking wrestling angles.  The program they've got with Styles, Daniels and Joe is intriguing enough that I'm considering getting Sunday's PPV.  I haven't watched this weeks iMPACT! yet - I absolutely LOVE my DVR - but I will tonight or tomorrow and if they've sold me on it, I'll get the PPV in spite of what I've said in the past about their overall booking.

Another "hit" on a wrestling angle was before last months PPV when Ron Killings pinned Bobby Roode twice in about a minute and a half.  That was good stuff.  That's the kind of thing TNA does that reminds me of Mid South.

But they really drop the ball when they try to do Sports Entertainment style story lines.  I'm not sure what they are doing with the Jeff Jarrett, Gail Kim, Jackie Gayda thing, but I don't really care either.  They haven't done anything with this that makes me want to see how it ends.

By contrast, I'm disappointed that WWE didn't get to use whatever they had planned for the Melina v Batista story they started right before Batista got hurt.  HBK v Vince is MUCH more entertaining than Raven v Zybszko was.

hydrophonic

Quote from: CharlieHog on February 10, 2006, 09:21:10 amHe'd still take your girlfriend on a ride on space mountain. wooo!

NICE! +1

On the Ultimate Ric Flair Collection DVD, Flair drops this gem from out of nowhere in the middle of a promo in '87 or so:

"Lady, I'm not going to take you home no matter WHAT you say to me."

CharlieHog

HBK vs. Vince = tired and busted

hydrophonic

I agree.  It's still better than Raven v Zybszko.

But, as I've said many times, I'm a big fan of all the McMahons.  Well, all of them except Linda who has no business talking on TV.

CharlieHog

None of the McMahons should be on TV. They aren't more talented than any of the people they pay to entertain people. Especially Vince.

I've never been a fan of Raven. Very overrated IMO. Boring in the ring and very 90s as far as gimmick.

hydrophonic

Disagree about the McMahons, especially Vince.  They may not be MORE talented than SOME of their employees, but they generate more heat and bigger pops than MOST of them.

Agree about Raven.  I do like the drop toe hold on to the chair that he does, but otherwise I wouldn't even notice if he left wrestling for good.

CharlieHog

The only reason that Vince generates heat is b/c he gives himself more TV time than other talent. Nobody else has a chance.

Thunderhog Jr

Quote from: CharlieHog on February 10, 2006, 10:42:47 am
The only reason that Vince generates heat is b/c he gives himself more TV time than other talent. Nobody else has a chance.

Applaud for you CharlieHog, The WWE has gotten ridicules lately. Same wrestlers in the same match night after night.   Good PUPPIES though!!!

WPS  <br />Remember the days when we were a national power??  What the Hell happened?

Arkiejared

Quote from: Thunderhog Jr on February 10, 2006, 10:46:57 am
The WWE has gotten ridicules lately. Same wrestlers in the same match night after night.   Good PUPPIES though!!!

Isn't all wrestling kinda ridiculous?  I mean, it's ok if you're 9.  Maybe we have alot of Bobby Bouchears here!  ;)

Go ahead, smite away.

Thunderhog Jr

Quote from: Arkiejared on February 10, 2006, 11:01:57 am
Quote from: Thunderhog Jr on February 10, 2006, 10:46:57 am
The WWE has gotten ridicules lately. Same wrestlers in the same match night after night.   Good PUPPIES though!!!

Isn't all wrestling kinda ridiculous?  I mean, it's ok if you're 9.  Maybe we have alot of Bobby Bouchears here!  ;)

Go ahead, smite away.

No smite here, I think you like em.

hydrophonic

Quote from: Arkiejared on February 10, 2006, 11:01:57 amIsn't all wrestling kinda ridiculous?

Yes.  But it's entertainment for some of us.  It's not really any more ridiculous than Adam Sandler movies.

Thunderhog Jr

Quote from: hydrophonic on February 10, 2006, 11:11:19 am
Quote from: Arkiejared on February 10, 2006, 11:01:57 amIsn't all wrestling kinda ridiculous?

Yes.  But it's entertainment for some of us.  It's not really any more ridiculous than Adam Sandler movies.

Just a big testosterone filled soap opera.

Arkiejared

Great, as long as we all realize that...I'd hate to see someone like this on the board:

http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php/topic,45219.0.html

CharlieHog

There's definitely a certain mind-set you have to get in to enjoy wrestling. But I've watched it my whole life. The WWE has tried to kill my love of the business but ROH saved it.

Thunderhog Jr

Quote from: Arkiejared on February 10, 2006, 11:40:55 am
Great, as long as we all realize that...I'd hate to see someone like this on the board:

http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php/topic,45219.0.html

Yeah, I LMAO when I saw that before, and I LMAO this time too!!!

hydrophonic

Quote from: CharlieHog on February 10, 2006, 11:46:02 amROH saved it.

I'd still like to see some ROH.  When I asked you before about their presentation, you said the lighting was bad.  I don't have to have the big video boards or the pyro or any of that "sizzle", but I do need the lighting to be good enough to see the "steak."

I used to trade bootleg recordings of concerts.  Sometimes I would get a tape that sounded HORRIBLE, but if you listened closely you could tell that the band was putting on an incredible show.  After a while my ears would get used to all the hiss and crackle and I'd really enjoy the concert, but when I'd try to play it for my buddies they'd just hear the hiss and crackle.

What kind of lighting issues are we talking about?

The_Bionic_Pig

█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

CharlieHog

Quote from: hydrophonic on February 10, 2006, 12:34:59 pm
Quote from: CharlieHog on February 10, 2006, 11:46:02 amROH saved it.

I'd still like to see some ROH.  When I asked you before about their presentation, you said the lighting was bad.  I don't have to have the big video boards or the pyro or any of that "sizzle", but I do need the lighting to be good enough to see the "steak."

I used to trade bootleg recordings of concerts.  Sometimes I would get a tape that sounded HORRIBLE, but if you listened closely you could tell that the band was putting on an incredible show.  After a while my ears would get used to all the hiss and crackle and I'd really enjoy the concert, but when I'd try to play it for my buddies they'd just hear the hiss and crackle.

What kind of lighting issues are we talking about?

It's just a little dark. The only reason I warn people about that is because the first time you watch it (especially somebody that has only seen WWE, WCW, TNA), it's sort of a shock.

Send me an email and I will get you some matches you can download. charliehog@gmail.com