Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Off Season Topic: Ex-Ole Miss players say they were misled...

Started by MuskogeeHogFan, February 03, 2018, 06:35:04 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Justifiable Hogicide

The kids were lied to by Ole Miss.
They knew that Ole Miss had been cheating/paying but may have fallen for the lie that everything at OM would keep on keeping on.
Fair or not, I hope they are allowed to transfer away from the arrogant cesspool that is Oxford and Ole Miss.

870hogfan

Quote from: Al Boarland on February 05, 2018, 01:13:35 am
OM wasn't the outlier. What led to their downfall was they attempted to upset the order of the SEC and that wasn't well received.

However, they will be fine. To an extent they were successful. They were able to increase their recruiting profile and going forward should still enjoy some success on the recruiting trail.

Arkansas is the better football program and will always will be.

AlmaHog2011

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on February 05, 2018, 10:57:35 am
Yet here you are, and here you continue to be.

Huh.

You are one of the best..Completely lost..LMAO..HUH?

AlmaHog2011

AlmaHog2011

Quote from: steveaustin69 on February 05, 2018, 10:57:15 am
That's neat.

Yes actually very neat. Life is pretty great for me. Sorry you don't have the ability to impact it. Hogville used to be a fun place to go to and talk with real Razorback fans. Still have a bunch of great fans that love Arkansas.. Some I have no idea why they are on here.

netteltonhog

The kids and their parents knew when they signed. If the kids and the parents refused to listen to everyone in the country besides Ole Miss it's their own fault. Suck it up buttercup.

AlmaHog2011

Quote from: netteltonhog on February 05, 2018, 07:47:39 pm
The kids and their parents knew when they signed. If the kids and the parents refused to listen to everyone in the country besides Ole Miss it's their own fault. Suck it up buttercup.

And there it is in plain English. No spin no BS just the facts.

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: AlmaHog2011 on February 05, 2018, 07:15:38 pm
Not sure..Have you ever had a point?
Quote from: AlmaHog2011 on February 05, 2018, 08:14:36 pm
And there it is in plain English. No spin no BS just the facts.

My post forwarded the same position and you missed it.
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

onebadrubi

Is this akin to a defense attorney wanted it off his record that a murderer caught on video was found guilty, after the trial he wanted it expunged from him W-L record because he couldn't pull a rabbit from his hat, ala OJ style? 

I mean come on.  Anyone who pays any attention to college football knew ole miss was dirty.  Being naive isn't an excuse.   This isn't the same as being told something like what ole miss reps told them by say an NCAA rep.  That in my mind would have merit.  Of course a freeze staffer was going to sell you on no wrong doings... of course the guy the was on video murdering someone was going to try and get out of it.   It's the society we live into today.  No one likes cause and effect or consequences. 

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: onebadrubi on February 06, 2018, 05:16:31 am
Is this akin to a defense attorney wanted it off his record that a murderer caught on video was found guilty, after the trial he wanted it expunged from him W-L record because he couldn't pull a rabbit from his hat, ala OJ style? 

I mean come on.  Anyone who pays any attention to college football knew ole miss was dirty.  Being naive isn't an excuse.   This isn't the same as being told something like what ole miss reps told them by say an NCAA rep.  That in my mind would have merit.  Of course a freeze staffer was going to sell you on no wrong doings... of course the guy the was on video murdering someone was going to try and get out of it.   It's the society we live into today.  No one likes cause and effect or consequences. 

Rather extreme examples.

Bottom line, no matter what happened, the rule as it exists today says that if you transfer you have to sit out one season. They are appealing for a waiver, which is their right. I'm sure that the parents and players in question feel that there is justification for the granting of the waiver based on what they were incorrectly told by representatives of Ole Miss. It's not whether rules were broken, it is when they were broken and as it turns out, it was under Freeze's tenure at Ole Miss.

No one (players or parents) knew that for certain but the Ole Miss staff and the NCAA. A lot of parents probably don't even completely understand what constitutes an NCAA violation. So the fact that little Johnny was given a pair of shoes and some cash for spending money on his visit (just an example) probably wouldn't strike them as anything unusual. Being unaware of the actual rules isn't an excuse in any case but I am sure that they viewed all of this as "normal". I can understand where they might feel that they had been "duped" and mislead. Maybe they were, maybe they weren't entirely mislead.

Regardless of what they were told or weren't told the transfer rule exists and their sons may have to abide by it. It won't kill them to abide by it and they will still be getting their education paid for so just write it off as a life lesson and move on.
Go Hogs Go!

onebadrubi

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on February 06, 2018, 05:57:29 am
Rather extreme examples.

Bottom line, no matter what happened, the rule as it exists today says that if you transfer you have to sit out one season. They are appealing for a waiver, which is their right. I'm sure that the parents and players in question feel that there is justification for the granting of the waiver based on what they were incorrectly told by representatives of Ole Miss. It's not whether rules were broken, it is when they were broken and as it turns out, it was under Freeze's tenure at Ole Miss.

No one (players or parents) knew that for certain but the Ole Miss staff and the NCAA. A lot of parents probably don't even completely understand what constitutes an NCAA violation. So the fact that little Johnny was given a pair of shoes and some cash for spending money on his visit (just an example) probably wouldn't strike them as anything unusual. Being unaware of the actual rules isn't an excuse in any case but I am sure that they viewed all of this as "normal". I can understand where they might feel that they had been "duped" and mislead. Maybe they were, maybe they weren't entirely mislead.

Regardless of what they were told or weren't told the transfer rule exists and their sons may have to abide by it. It won't kill them to abide by it and they will still be getting their education paid for so just write it off as a life lesson and move on.

The transfer rule exist, however you can freely transfer if your school has two bowl season bands I though?  Just must file this waiver?

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: onebadrubi on February 06, 2018, 06:02:58 am
The transfer rule exist, however you can freely transfer if your school has two bowl season bands I though?  Just must file this waiver?

I have no idea if the transfer rule has any kind of a clause that involves players whose teams receive multiple years of a bowl ban. I don't think that it does at this time, but I'm not certain. I believe that under normal transfer rules a waiver for immediate eligibility can be filed but I would think that it would only be approved under extreme circumstances that were beyond the control of the player and didn't involve the player in any way.
Go Hogs Go!

steveaustin69

Quote from: AlmaHog2011 on February 05, 2018, 07:21:45 pm
Yes actually very neat. Life is pretty great for me. Sorry you don't have the ability to impact it. Hogville used to be a fun place to go to and talk with real Razorback fans. Still have a bunch of great fans that love Arkansas.. Some I have no idea why they are on here.

I'm not a real fan because I think the current transfer rules are stupid?  That's quite a take.

Hog N Bama

Quote from: netteltonhog on February 05, 2018, 07:47:39 pm
BINGO!!

AlmaHog2011

MuskogeeHogFan

Let's get back to topic and limit the discussion to that instead of throwing insults at one another. Thanks.
Go Hogs Go!

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Justifiable Hogicide on February 05, 2018, 03:09:11 pm
The kids were lied to by Ole Miss.
They knew that Ole Miss had been cheating/paying but may have fallen for the lie that everything at OM would keep on keeping on.
Fair or not, I hope they are allowed to transfer away from the arrogant cesspool that is Oxford and Ole Miss.

Players that signed with that arrogant cesspool are just as arrogant themselves. They signed with a place under investigation knowing full well they would probably be hit with sanctions only to turn their back on it and want to leave when the dung hits the fan. I have no sympathy for either.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi