Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Prediction

Started by BannerMountainMan, February 14, 2018, 08:31:16 am

Previous topic - Next topic

BannerMountainMan

We beat A&M and then the same posters say we didn't do good enough because A&M lost some of their guards and it should be a blowout. Aka IceMAN, Hogsanity 3of5-2, jgphillips, Joshua
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

Hawg Red

100%

There are posters that just simply are not going to be happy with anything until Mike is fired. It's consumed them to the point to where they no longer enjoy wins. The Hogs are competitive in the SEC once again right in front of their face, but they are blinded by discontent with the coach.

Cotton

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on February 14, 2018, 08:31:16 am
We beat A&M and then the same posters say we didn't do good enough because A&M lost some of their guards and it should be a blowout. Aka IceMAN, Hogsanity 3of5-2, jgphillips, Joshua
Defending our next opponent before we even play them? lol this is like the ultimate sunshine pumper post.
"Who got a Scantron for Ryan Mallet?"  - Ryan Mallet, 2009

Razorbacks in Mexico

Ponderin' SUX

razorbackchamps94

Think we only lose to Bama and Mizzou here on out . We should enter SECT at 21 and 10

hawg66

cotton

Fixed it

hogwildjoshua

Quote from: hawg66 on February 14, 2018, 09:47:24 am
cotton

Fixed it

You might have something mentally wrong with you.  You should go get it checked   ;D

jst01

Could be right.

I could also predict that if the Hogs lose to A&M, some will be on here saying "well it doesn't hurt us too bad and we still have a chance to win 20 games...A&M is more like the top 10 team they were pegged as pre-season".

Point is, everyone on here is going to find a way to fit the results into their opinion.

Cotton

Quote from: jst01 on February 14, 2018, 10:49:30 am
Could be right.

I could also predict that if the Hogs lose to A&M, some will be on here saying "well it doesn't hurt us too bad and we still have a chance to win 20 games...A&M is more like the top 10 team they were pegged as pre-season".

Point is, everyone on here is going to find a way to fit the results into their opinion.
Exactly right.
"Who got a Scantron for Ryan Mallet?"  - Ryan Mallet, 2009

Razorbacks in Mexico

Ponderin' SUX

The_Iceman

Beating A&M will be a good win no matter what. All 5 of these would be good wins. It's not like we are playing LSU.

TeufelHog

Here's my prediction . . . Hogs will lose to aTm.  We just play too inconsistent and are abysmal at the FT line.

Hawg Red

Quote from: TeufelHog on February 14, 2018, 12:45:07 pm
Here's my prediction . . . Hogs will lose to aTm.  We just play too inconsistent and are abysmal at the FT line.

We don't typically struggle against team with struggling guard. Not sure how much they are actually struggling there, but they did lose 3 guards in a matter of days. Surely will impact them.

klp1

Starks is playing well for aggies & Gildner is usually solid, but the injuries & suspensions are going to kill their depth

HF#1

This will be your typical get at their legs game. They will fizzle the last five minutes no matter what.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

3of5-2

Go look up my predictions BrokeBackMountainMan, I had the Hogs winning every one of them, even the ones we got smoked in. This team is A-V-E-R-A-G-E, just like the rest of the SEC. You go right ahead with your little diatribe, but the end of the season is coming, and you will see that it is sooner than you had hoped.

sickboy

Quote from: Hawg Red on February 14, 2018, 08:35:37 am
100%

There are posters that just simply are not going to be happy with anything until Mike is fired. It's consumed them to the point to where they no longer enjoy wins. The Hogs are competitive in the SEC once again right in front of their face, but they are blinded by discontent with the coach.

Yeah, I don't get it. Because our program is as healthy as it's been since the 90's. It makes no sense. Sure, we're not competing for National Championships right now, but we are night and day as a program from when Mike took over.

SemperHawg

To be fair, A&M is down to what, like 7 of their actual contributing caliber players now?  This is a game that we should be able to leverage depth and home court advantage and pull away pretty easily. I don't care what the rankings say, these dudes should be out of gas.

99toLife

Quote from: SemperHawg on February 14, 2018, 01:43:04 pm
To be fair, A&M is down to what, like 7 of their actual contributing caliber players now?  This is a game that we should be able to leverage depth and home court advantage and pull away pretty easily. I don't care what the rankings say, these dudes should be out of gas.

I somewhat agree with you, but aTm  have been playing tough. Still should be a win for the Hogs.. but no guarantee for sure..

sickboy

Not at all. They lost their starting point guard, who was the sixth leading scorer on the team. Basically, they lost their Anton Beard. The other two they lost are freshmen who didn't contribute much. Home court should help, but A&M is still playing their best players. If you think we should pull away pretty easily, you're going to be in for a bad time, I think.

People are acting like A&M is playing practice squad players.

SemperHawg

Quote from: sickboy on February 14, 2018, 01:59:59 pm
Not at all. They lost their starting point guard, who was the sixth leading scorer on the team. Basically, they lost their Anton Beard. The other two they lost are freshmen who didn't contribute much. Home court should help, but A&M is still playing their best players. If you think we should pull away pretty easily, you're going to be in for a bad time, I think.

People are acting like A&M is playing practice squad players.
Yeah I'm not saying that at all... what I am saying is we can run 11 guys at their 7, at some point legs have to become an issue for them in pretty much every game coming down the stretch.

I put some stock into the PPG argument, but I also look at minutes per game.  I can't find the numbers for the kid they kicked off but even the back up Jay Jay Chandler was averaging 11.4 minutes a game for them.  Duane Wilson was up around 24 minutes per game.   That is a lot to replace, especially against a team like us.

ShadowHawg

Irrational Iceman, Hopeless Hogsanity, Zero IQ 3of5-2, Just Goofy jg, and Jaundiced Joshua

3of5-2

Quote from: ShadowHawg on February 14, 2018, 02:33:35 pm
Irrational Iceman, Hopeless Hogsanity, Zero IQ 3of5-2, Just Goofy jg, and Jaundiced Joshua
AfraidofhisownShadowHawg and everyone else.

sickboy

Quote from: SemperHawg on February 14, 2018, 02:21:27 pm
Yeah I'm not saying that at all... what I am saying is we can run 11 guys at their 7, at some point legs have to become an issue for them in pretty much every game coming down the stretch.

I put some stock into the PPG argument, but I also look at minutes per game.  I can't find the numbers for the kid they kicked off but even the back up Jay Jay Chandler was averaging 11.4 minutes a game for them.  Duane Wilson was up around 24 minutes per game.   That is a lot to replace, especially against a team like us.

True. Depth should absolutely be our advantage. And another thing to go along with your floor minutes take is that chemistry is a big thing that nobody really talks about and replacing that many minutes takes time to gel. I do worry though if we get in foul trouble. Which we are capable of doing really quick.

99toLife

Quote from: sickboy on February 14, 2018, 03:07:22 pm
True. Depth should absolutely be our advantage. And another thing to go along with your floor minutes take is that chemistry is a big thing that nobody really talks about and replacing that many minutes takes time to gel. I do worry though if we get in foul trouble. Which we are capable of doing really quick.
Why worry about that , according to you we can just send someone in off the bench, we got the numbers!  ;)

rljjr

Quote from: Cotton on February 14, 2018, 08:36:57 am
Defending our next opponent before we even play them? lol this is like the ultimate sunshine pumper post.

It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see how it plays out for them.

ShadowHawg

Quote from: 3of5-2 on February 14, 2018, 02:52:37 pm

LOL

Mediocre Mike man can't take the turnabout. Figures

Hawg Red

Tyler Davis, Robert Williams, Admon Gilder, T.J. Starks, D.J. Hogg....that's more talent that most 13-man rosters in college basketball. If we're being fair. They're still dangerous, but yes, things have lined up for the Hogs to capitalize on their situation.

mhuff

Quote from: sickboy on February 14, 2018, 03:07:22 pm

Strategy every game should be to put pressure defense on the opposition to take them out of their game plan. That also means not allowing players to drive down the lane or shoot wide open threes. They should be easier to pressure with their pg out. If you don't take advantage of that you are missing the boat. We also need to play team ball instead of playing " hero " ball.

3of5-2

Quote from: ShadowHawg on February 14, 2018, 03:55:20 pm
LOL

Mediocre Mike man can't take the turnabout. Figures
Your words not mine. MA is A-V-E-R-A-G-E. This team is A-V-E-R-A-G-E. This league is A-V-E-R-A-G-E. Believe it or not, it actually benefits the HOGS. This year will be their best opportunity to win the SECt and get to the Sweet 16. Way too many teams just like them, and very few that are a whole lot better.

Slater

Quote from: Hawg Red on February 14, 2018, 08:35:37 am
100%

They are simply haters of anything Mike Anderson, sad people
FASTEST 40 ILUVMIKE

cityhog

I just want to know how the he^^ is A&M ranked again? If we went 0-5 to start the conference season we wouldn't be ranked for another 3 years.

The_Iceman

Quote from: cityhog on February 14, 2018, 04:57:07 pm
I just want to know how the he^^ is A&M ranked again? If we went 0-5 to start the conference season we wouldn't be ranked for another 3 years.

So true.

Dirty

sickboy

Quote from: SemperHawg on February 14, 2018, 02:21:27 pm

Welp, I owe you a "you called that play, brutha." Not over, but we look to be running away with it.

jabber71

Quote from: 3of5-2 on February 14, 2018, 04:42:28 pm
Your words not mine. MA is A-V-E-R-A-G-E. This team is A-V-E-R-A-G-E. This league is A-V-E-R-A-G-E. Believe it or not, it actually benefits the HOGS. This year will be their best opportunity to win the SECt and get to the Sweet 16. Way too many teams just like them, and very few that are a whole lot better.

I am confused, average means no better then anyone else, middle of the road, with no clear advantage, but you just said there are very few that are better then us, so by definition how can we be average if there are very few better then us?

No offense but one of us do not understand the definition of the word average...
You can't always convince someone you are right, but you can always convince them you think you're right!

urkillnmesmalls

If we play our best, we can compete with anyone in the country this season.  I've watched more CBB this year than I have in years, and I haven't seen a team that we can't beat, if we're at our best.  Doesn't mean we will...just that we aren't so overmatched that nothing less than pure luck could lead us to victory.   

Now...I don't like our chances against teams with a really good point guard, because that seems to give us fits more than anything else we encounter.  That's our kryptonite.  We are lacking the quickness to effectively guard them.   

Out of everything we did well today, what shocked me the most was our rebounding.  I have no idea how MA got them convinced that it would be critical for this game, but he emphasized it, and apparently it resonated. 

Getting more minutes and defense out of Hall, Jones, and Osewhateverhisnameis...has really lifted the team.  I will never back down from the inherent flaws that MA's system and coaching have, but he's to be commended for always bringing some guys along as the year goes on so they can contribute late in the season. 

No matter how you slice it, because of that, we're a better team than we were 2-3 weeks ago.  Not sure how good...but we're going to find out!       
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

widespreadsooie

rtr

I think we can 3 of the last 4.  If we beat bama, it will be 4 for 4.
The more smites the more intelligent I get.

AHiD

Quote from: 3of5-2 on February 14, 2018, 01:39:34 pm
Go look up my predictions BrokeBackMountainMan, I had the Hogs winning every one of them, even the ones we got smoked in. This team is A-V-E-R-A-G-E, just like the rest of the SEC. You go right ahead with your little diatribe, but the end of the season is coming, and you will see that it is sooner than you had hoped.

You do realize that average teams don't make the tourney unless they win garbage conferences?
My name...is Jerruh

alohawg

Quote from: urkillnmesmalls on February 17, 2018, 10:49:11 pm
If we play our best, we can compete with anyone in the country this season.  I've watched more CBB this year than I have in years, and I haven't seen a team that we can't beat, if we're at our best.  Doesn't mean we will...just that we aren't so overmatched that nothing less than pure luck could lead us to victory.   

Now...I don't like our chances against teams with a really good point guard, because that seems to give us fits more than anything else we encounter.  That's our kryptonite.  We are lacking the quickness to effectively guard them.   

Out of everything we did well today, what shocked me the most was our rebounding.  I have no idea how MA got them convinced that it would be critical for this game, but he emphasized it, and apparently it resonated. 

Getting more minutes and defense out of Hall, Jones, and Osewhateverhisnameis...has really lifted the team.  I will never back down from the inherent flaws that MA's system and coaching have, but he's to be commended for always bringing some guys along as the year goes on so they can contribute late in the season. 

No matter how you slice it, because of that, we're a better team than we were 2-3 weeks ago.  Not sure how good...but we're going to find out!       

I agree with this. I'd like to see more Osewhateverhisnameis and less Cook and Thomas, and more Thompson and Gafford together.
Whatever the lineup, there should always remain a minimum of 3 legit scoring threats.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

jgphillips3

Odd...I don't think I agree with them on this team.  I see no reason to be as down on the team as Iceman seems to be at times or to be firing rainbows out of my rear because we've won a few games after literally falling apart mid season.  Until today, we hadn't beaten a good team in a while.  We at least had started beating the teams we were supposed to beat again but this was the first quality win in a while.  It's the first game that says we might be headed in the right direction again.  These next four games will tell the story.  Splitting them 2-2 would be acceptable and not really good or bad.  3-1 would be doing good.  4-0 would be outstanding.  After some up and down play from this squad I'm just not going to get too up or too down the rest of the way.  On a good night, we can play with pretty much anybody.  On a bad night we can lose to anybody.  Hopefully, we have more good nights than bad the rest of the way and, for the love of all that's holy, don't draw an 8 or 9 seed in the tournament.

blu

Quote from: jabber71 on February 17, 2018, 10:23:15 pm
I am confused, average means no better then anyone else, middle of the road, with no clear advantage, but you just said there are very few that are better then us, so by definition how can we be average if there are very few better then us?

No offense but one of us do not understand the definition of the word average...

+1, thanks for noting this troll's backward logic.
"But it is no shame to suffer for being a Christian. Praise God for the privilege of being called by His name!"  I Peter 4:16

hawg66

Quote from: 3of5-2 on February 14, 2018, 02:52:37 pm
shadowhog saw his shadow last night. NCAA tournament is coming in less than a month. ;-)

Hog_Fink

it might not be a bad year to play a #1

texas tush hog

Quote from: ShadowHawg on February 14, 2018, 02:33:35 pm

You pretty well nailed it. If you don't back Mike you need not bother calling yourself hog fans. He's gonna be here many years.

texas tush hog

Quote from: TeufelHog on February 14, 2018, 12:45:07 pm

We are going to have a hard time at the Final Four.

GuvHog

Quote from: galactivation on February 18, 2018, 07:41:33 am
it might not be a bad year to play a #1

Especially if that #1 seed happens to be Kansas.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!