Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Player Bashing

Started by PharmacistHog, January 18, 2018, 07:24:44 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

PharmacistHog

Quote from: Fan701 on February 01, 2018, 08:16:19 pm
So true.  Hogville has now become just a place to come bash the coach and the players, too.  I really thought the moderator meant it when he wrote, "No player bashing."  But the bashing is now worse than I've ever seen it.  I know people are angry about losing, but bashing our own players should be out of bounds.  Why is there no enforcement of this rule?

Ive been busy with work. Havent read many threads. Pm me if you see something I should tend to.
Quote from: HogPharmer on December 27, 2018, 09:45:23 am
Millennials suck...

Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm
Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.

Fan701

Quote from: PharmacistHog on February 01, 2018, 08:20:30 pm
Ive been busy with work. Havent read many threads. Pm me if you see something I should tend to.
Here's just one sample from one of the threads:  "As long as Anton Beard, Dustin Thomas, and Arlando Cook aren't suiting up anymore I'll be happy. I'd rather watch freshmen that play with hunger and make freshmen mistakes than seniors that play like they don't give a darn and have their heads so far up their rearends."  This kind of trashing is all over Hogville these days.  It's disgusting really.  You know these kids are playing as hard as they can, and they get a steady barrage of hate from their own fans.  There was even a thread set up to bash Barford during the A&M game, a guy who averages almost twenty points a game.  The level of hate directed at Anton Beard is so out of line it's almost psychotic.  At least no one has fire-bombed his vehicle, like poor Brandon Allen.  We have such wonderful fans!

PharmacistHog

I cant read every thread and post. Dont have time. If something is offensive send me a pm with a link please. I'll do my best.
Millennials suck...

Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.

mizzouman

This is ironic.  The more people talk about not bashing players, the more the players read that people are.

Just stop bashing, delete the posts and stop talking about it.

Springfield_MO_Razorback

Quote from: mizzouman on February 02, 2018, 01:10:20 pm
This is ironic.  The more people talk about not bashing players, the more the players read that people are.

Just stop bashing, delete the posts and stop talking about it.

I must have missed something. I have seen the individual player bashing on here which is not right or fair for our student athletes, but I missed where "the players read that people are." What has been said to bring that up or what has been said from the players? Just curious as I have not come across this yet. 

I'm not trying to start anything, just really hope our guys are not getting on this forum to see some of the posts.

1highhog

Quote from: PharmacistHog on January 18, 2018, 07:24:44 pm
It stops now. Theres a difference in saying player X had a bad game vs player Y is selfish. Keep that trash off this board.

True, it's not on the players guys, this is all on Mike Anderson.  As I've said since before he was hired, like the man, but he is not the coach to be coaching my Razorbacks. 

Fan701

Sigh, despite this decree from over a month ago, the player bashing goes on, even gets worse.  There is a significant proportion of the fan base that can't wait to tee off on the players, or bash the coach even when we win.  The sad truth is that Hogville Jump Ball has become a cesspool dominated by bickering, trashing, and whining. If my vote mattered, I'd just vote to shut it down.

PharmacistHog

Quote from: Fan701 on February 25, 2018, 07:36:33 pm
Sigh, despite this decree from over a month ago, the player bashing goes on, even gets worse.  There is a significant proportion of the fan base that can't wait to tee off on the players, or bash the coach even when we win.  The sad truth is that Hogville Jump Ball has become a cesspool dominated by bickering, trashing, and whining. If my vote mattered, I'd just vote to shut it down.

I honestly dont have time to read every thread. I just dont. When I see something I delete it but its impossible to see it all. I never read the game threads and apparently thats the worst ones.
Millennials suck...