Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Some good news

Started by BirdDawg, January 18, 2015, 07:03:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BirdDawg

Noticed RD article stating Toby Weatherby has ruled out Ole Miss. Seems like it is down to LSU and the Hogs. I like our chances and think we land him. 2 4* OT is a great haul. We may not need KJ services because we average 8 yards a carry LOL

grayhawg

I think he is visiting Houston as well, read somewhere hi high school coach is going to be an assistant. Maybe true and maybe not.

hawgwash

Quote from: grayhawg on January 18, 2015, 07:15:35 pm
I think he is visiting Houston as well, read somewhere hi high school coach is going to be an assistant. Maybe true and maybe not.
I saw that as well.  But I have to believe with the offers he has he doesn't end up at Houston.

scruf

You saved a bunch of money on car insurance by switching to Geico?

jk Thanks for the good news!

HSVhogfan2

Can't have too many OL. Those trick plays where they throw each other TDs are way better than have a legit deep threat every down.
"The post you have just read was used with the express written consent of HSVHogfan2."

Veni Sancte Spiritus

Do you wish to rise? Begin by descending. You plan a tower that will pierce the clouds? Lay first the foundation of humility.

scruf

10/10 times if you can get a 4* OT you do it.

BirdDawg

I dont really consider Houston an option. Prob a nice gesture to his high school coach.

LRRandy

Quote from: BirdDawg on January 18, 2015, 07:41:05 pm
I dont really consider Houston an option. Prob a nice gesture to his high school coach.
Tom Herman is a very good recruiter. He may just make Houston an attractive destination.
This is fun, isn't it.

scruf

Quote from: LRRandy on January 18, 2015, 08:32:00 pm
Tom Herman is a very good recruiter. He may just make Houston an attractive destination.

Agree. Now that they have an on-campus stadium, look out!

BirdDawg

Houston on the upswing still isn't even in the same league as SEC.  If he goes there then best wishes...he wanted to stay home and play lesser competition.

texas tush hog

Quote from: grayhawg on January 18, 2015, 07:15:35 pm

Yep, Corby Meekins, Houston Westfield coach, is Houston's new Tight-ends coach.

JackJohnson

Was hoping we could get him to commit and shut it down.  LSU scares me for 2 reasons- 1 they always do well in Houston bc of location and 2- they have super recruiter Jeff Grimes as their OL coach.  He may be the only OL coach in America that can be argued to be a better recruiter than Pittman.  He is the one that got AU 14 4 or 5* OL in a 3 year span from 2010-2012 that Gus is now reaping the benefits from