Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Craziest tournament ever?

Started by ShadowHawg, March 18, 2018, 10:34:40 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ShadowHawg

I can't think of one with more twists and turns.

Breems

It's the best I've ever seen for sure.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

alohawg

To this stage, yes. Can't wait to see what comes next.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

Arazorbackguy1

Nevada or Loyola in the elite eight.  Who could've dreamed that, not even a Nun!
I have 10 to 12 points to make per game.

cosmodrum

Who cares, it has nothing to do with us...again.
Go away, batin'

alohawg

Quote from: cosmodrum on March 19, 2018, 12:17:58 am
Who cares, it has nothing to do with us...again.

We're all disappointed as hog fans, but without this great game, there's no hog team to disappoint us.
It took me a few hours to move on Friday, UMBC game helped a lot. I've since decided to just enjoy the games, and they've been very enjoyable. I can't control any of it anyway.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️

cosmodrum

Quote from: alohawg on March 19, 2018, 01:42:07 am
We're all disappointed as hog fans, but without this great game, there's no hog team to disappoint us.
It took me a few hours to move on Friday, UMBC game helped a lot. I've since decided to just enjoy the games, and they've been very enjoyable. I can't control any of it anyway.

I know, I'm just being a whiny bitch who misses the days when we mattered. That's not sarcasm, I really can recognize my faults.
Go away, batin'

alohawg

Quote from: cosmodrum on March 19, 2018, 02:15:05 am
I know, I'm just being a whiny bitch who misses the days when we mattered. That's not sarcasm, I really can recognize my faults.

I feel ya, I was spoiled with the triplets.....sigh.
-Upton Sinclair

― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️

razorpimp

Hey this will make you want to vomit!  Kentucky will probably be in the final four!

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: razorpimp on March 19, 2018, 06:04:50 am
Hey this will make you want to vomit!  Kentucky will probably be in the final four!

That's because their coach is a successful recruiter (however he gets it done) and he has a system that works far more often than not as well as supports his recruiting ends.

That said, I think he's a scumbag.
This is my non-signature signature.

dagnamit

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on March 19, 2018, 06:49:03 am
That's because their coach is a successful recruiter (however he gets it done) and he has a system that works far more often than not as well as supports his recruiting ends.

That said, I think he's a scumbag.
Definition of a scumbag coach - One who takes large amounts of money from an institution and never wins anything. Blames other things or people for their shortfalls while still asking for more money. Always needs another 3 years to put his or her team together to make a run while holding his or her hand out for more money.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: dagnamit on March 19, 2018, 07:03:36 am
Definition of a scumbag coach - One who takes large amounts of money from an institution and never wins anything. Blames other things or people for their shortfalls while still asking for more money. Always needs another 3 years to put his or her team together to make a run while holding his or her hand out for more money.

Calipari's scumbaggery comes from honchoing two consecutive college teams that got caught breaking the rules.

I totally get what you're saying. Mike's team is better than the one last year. So I guess you could say he improved. But he did put himself in the position for last year to happen. So it was his fault.

Tejano Jawg

At the point Cinci lost—which was after Virginia and Michigan State and, I think, before Xavier's loss—I thought this has to be the tournament with the most teams eliminated (EARLY) that were on many lists to be champions.

The traditional teams that are left—like Duke and Kansas—didn't get as much chatter. But yet they're still in. 'Nova is still hanging in too.

This one has been wild and entertaining. As much the Hogs' game was a downer, some of these upsets, comebacks and dramatic finishes have kept me interested. Last night I was really sorry to see UMBC eliminated.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

Großer Kriegschwein

Butler has won more NCAA tournament games during this decade than we have in the last 20 years.

Everyone needs to let that sink in.

DeltaBoy

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on March 19, 2018, 08:18:23 am
Butler has won more NCAA tournament games during this decade than we have in the last 20 years.

Everyone needs to let that sink in.

BOOM ...............Drop the Mic!

Crazy tournament for sure.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.