Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Prepare yourself.....

Started by Dick Swineberg, January 16, 2018, 03:36:00 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Dick Swineberg

Beth Mowins has the play by play of our game tomorrow. She's working with Jon Sundvold.

3of5-2

BadHog

"Rumors are started by haters, spread by the fools and accepted by idiots."

Arazorbackguy1

I have 10 to 12 points to make per game.

hogsanity

Good, if for no other reason it irritates so of you so much.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

ADavisTheGOAT

Well we're definitely going to lose now
Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

micali

elksnort

I don't understand why people are bothered by her play by play?

Little Lady Back

Great...The only one worse than her is Walton!!
#NolanRichardsonCourt

Hawgphish

Quote from: Little Lady Back on January 17, 2018, 07:39:41 am
Great...The only one worse than her is Walton!!
What about the female that did the Mississippi State game, she thought Barford was making a fashion statement with his hair color.

Little Lady Back

Quote from: Hawgphish on January 17, 2018, 07:46:20 am
What about the female that did the Mississippi State game, she thought Barford was making a fashion statement with his hair color.

Good point! How could I have forgotten her.
#NolanRichardsonCourt

hawg66

Sometimes when I visit Hogville I feel like it's 1950 again.

hogsanity

Quote from: hawg66 on January 17, 2018, 08:31:13 am

You're still about 100 years to new for many here.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

SugarHillGaHog

Quote from: Dick Swineberg on January 16, 2018, 03:36:00 pm
Beth Mowins has the play by play of our game tomorrow. She's working with Jon Sundvold.

I'll give her a chance before I mute it.  I don't care much for her working football so I'm hoping the tempo of basketball keeps her from annoying me.  It might suit her better. 

pigture perfect

For me it's not her gender. That's stupid to biased because of that. I just don't like her choppy delivery and her Joan Rivers voice.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Hawg Red

Literally has no impact on the watchibility of the game for me. It puzzles me why people fixate on stuff like that. I'm paying more attention to the game than who is talking.

Little Lady Back

Quote from: pigture perfect on January 17, 2018, 09:17:30 am
For me it's not her gender. That's stupid to biased because of that. I just don't like her choppy delivery and her Joan Rivers voice.

I agree. It is definitely not her gender for me, which should be obvious since we are both women. It is her voice that annoys the he11 out of me. Good for those who are not bothered by her voice or delivery of the game. You will at least be able to enjoy listening to the game more so than some of us. 
#NolanRichardsonCourt

Thunderhog Jr

She sounds like a drunk Reba McEntire to me...................
WPS  <br />Remember the days when we were a national power??  What the Hell happened?

Hoggish1

OK.  That means the mute will be on all game.

Hoggish1

Quote from: Little Lady Back on January 17, 2018, 09:29:39 am
I agree. It is definitely not her gender for me, which should be obvious since we are both women. It is her voice that annoys the he11 out of me. Good for those who are not bothered by her voice or delivery of the game. You will at least be able to enjoy listening to the game more so than some of us. 

I feel disoriented when I listen to her.  Don't know where her voice is coming from—like watching a ventriloquist do play by play...

hawg66

And yet some immediately lump her in with the woman who did the MSU game. I can't remember her name but she was knowledgeable and engaging. She is a former player who played at a higher level than 99% of the posters here. I thought her comments about buying in to defense and how she came to love that portion of the game were great. She was better than half the guys I've heard through the years.

She is a woman though so there's that.

East Clintwood

I don't recall hearing Beth call a basketball game before.

She does a good job calling football games but I just can't stand to listen to her voice for more than a few minutes at a time.
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

Little Lady Back

Quote from: hawg66 on January 17, 2018, 10:39:18 am
And yet some immediately lump her in with the woman who did the MSU game. I can't remember her name but she was knowledgeable and engaging. She is a former player who played at a higher level than 99% of the posters here. I thought her comments about buying in to defense and how she came to love that portion of the game were great. She was better than half the guys I've heard through the years.

She is a woman though so there's that.

I did not like the woman in the MSU game either and not because she is a woman but to each his or her own!!
#NolanRichardsonCourt

Razorbackers

Quote from: hogsanity on January 16, 2018, 10:42:42 pm
Good, if for no other reason it irritates so of you so much.

I don't understand? She has never done or said anything weird or out of the ordinary when I've watched a game she's called. What is the deal?

lumphog

hogsanity

Quote from: Razorbackers on January 17, 2018, 11:25:53 am
I don't understand? She has never done or said anything weird or out of the ordinary when I've watched a game she's called. What is the deal?

Because many here are stuck in '50. The only question, is that 1950 or 1850?

aredwolfrazorback

Quote from: elksnort on January 17, 2018, 07:36:57 am

It's because she is the real life version of Asian reporter Tricia Takanawa from Family Guy.

"Tom, I'm standinnnng herrrr at the Errkinsas Reezerbick geeem."
With all the beers and all the cheers, I'm a hog fan for the rest of my years.

UA 2010
ASU 2008

Pistol Pig Maravich

for another 25 point road drubbing!!!

okrazorback

Probably because she is female, but they won't admit that.

AirWarren

BOOOOOO.

razorpimp

I feel bad for her having to call this beat down

ParkerSchnabel

Quote from: hawg66 on January 17, 2018, 08:31:13 am

Dude thats ALL of Arkansas. Where else in the SEC is a 21-5 coach fired for such an offense ? Not derailing. Just saying. Living in Arkansas is akin to living in 1580's England. Hopefully the reformation will be over soon.  ;)

Off with his head. He doesn't play Sutton ball !! And uh that other thing.

AirWarren

Quote from: ParkerSchnabel on January 17, 2018, 02:05:11 pm
Dude thats ALL of Arkansas. Where else in the SEC is a 21-5 coach fired for such an offense ? Not derailing. Just saying. Living in Arkansas is akin to living in 1580's England. Hopefully the reformation will be over soon.  ;)

12-5 so far......oh the horror.

PORKULATOR

I just want a MOSTLY fair game on the court. I expect whoever to stroke Florida's.... er, Uhm... Ego... So as long as we play well, I could care less who's announcing.
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

Hoggish1

Quote from: PORKULATOR on January 17, 2018, 03:23:57 pm
I just want a MOSTLY fair game on the court. I expect whoever to stroke Florida's.... er, Uhm... Ego... So as long as we play well, I could care less who's announcing.

Well of course that is true.  But still, all things being equal, she is disorienting to listen to.  Like watching a midget dunk from a standiing jump—just not supposed to happen...

HoggyCat

"Florida pushes the lead to 11.  Their biggest of the night"

There's one reason.

The score was 26-17 at the time.
I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.