Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How hot

Started by Granny fan, January 15, 2018, 06:26:10 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Slater

If winning games, running a clean program and not getting down and dirty are important, then his seat is just as cool as Mike is.
You fire Mike, you lose the recruits coming in, the fan base is divided again and percentages are low you find another coach as good as he is.
If Mike is axed, he would be out of work about five minutes. It won't be long before Haith is shown the door at Tulsa, they would gladly bring Mike "home" and I would not blame him if he took it.
FASTEST 40 ILUVMIKE

hobhog

Quote from: Slater on January 15, 2018, 11:08:54 pm
If winning games, running a clean program and not getting down and dirty are important, then his seat is just as cool as Mike is.
You fire Mike, you lose the recruits coming in, the fan base is divided again and percentages are low you find another coach as good as he is.
If Mike is axed, he would be out of work about five minutes. It won't be long before Haith is shown the door at Tulsa, they would gladly bring Mike "home" and I would not blame him if he took it.

Winning championships is important. Lots of coaches are winning them without getting "dirty".

And if you dont think the fanbase is divided already you haven't been paying attention.

Slater

Gimme a break, the hate brigade on here does not care how good the team does they will still complain about everything Mike. The normal fans that do not camp out on here hoping for a loss are not in hate Mike club. If winning a championship is required to keep employment then 95% of the coaching jobs will be open every season.
FASTEST 40 ILUVMIKE

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: hobhog on January 15, 2018, 11:12:13 pm
Winning championships is important. Lots of coaches are winning them without getting "dirty".

And if you dont think the fanbase is divided already you haven't been paying attention.

Totally agree, it seems like everyone's winning a national championship but us!

hobhog

Quote from: Slater on January 15, 2018, 11:24:07 pm
Gimme a break, the hate brigade on here does not care how good the team does they will still complain about everything Mike. The normal fans that do not camp out on here hoping for a loss are not in hate Mike club. If winning a championship is required to keep employment then 95% of the coaching jobs will be open every season.

If he gets in the tournament he will be fine with most, even if loses first game. It's equivalent to going 7-5 in football and going to a bowl.

But eventually you have to win SOMETHING, right?

I do not hate Mike. I just don't think he will ever take us to top 25 status as a program. He is just a very average coach.

JenksHawg

Quote from: tncbg on January 15, 2018, 07:10:53 pm
Mike has a solid bunch of recruits coming next year. If he goes, that will likely fall apart. The new A.D. is not about to step up and fire the b-ball coach in his first six months. Mike has at least two more years to get something done. The talent level improves next year, so let's see what he does with it.

Not as sold as you are on talent upgrade next year.  Losing Perry was huge. I don't see anyone coming in having first year impact of much.

southeasthog

Quote from: daprospecta on January 15, 2018, 10:37:32 pm
What I find funny is the target keeps moving.  At first it was, "Mike does not make the tourney often enough", now the new narrative is "He never makes it past the round of 32". I seriously want to know what you guys expect from a coach year in and out.  I will admit that I am tired of these lapses we had the last two years but we are also solidly in the field the last two years and anything can happen. If you think you can go find a coach that will have you in the sweet 16 every year, I want what you are drinking.

I'm sorry but this is incorrect. Last year solidly in the tournament. Two years ago 16-16 and not in the tournament.
Quote from: 1990sHogBallChild on March 04, 2023, 04:08:32 pmWe have peaked... lucked his way to two elite 8s by getting the most favorable draws in tourney history. Beat the most over-rated 1 seed in the history of college basketball in Gonzaga who would be a 6 seed if they played in a real conference. Then Muss's other 5 tourney wins are against an average of a 12 seed. A few dozen coaches could have done that. Two losing records in SEC play is as much as MA had in 8 years.

jst01

He'll be here for a long time. Why? Bc 90% of hogs fans are happy just to make the tournament. Expectations have been lowered so much here that everyone thinks that's a great year. And when hogs get bounced out of tourney it's always "well that's just how it is when you get matched up with a 1 or 2 seed!"  AR will hover around averageness for years to come.

Fan701

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on January 15, 2018, 11:30:03 pm
Totally agree, it seems like everyone's winning a national championship but us!
Ha, ha!  I think winning the NC in 1994 instilled delusions of grandeur in us older fans who witnessed it.  Everything is judged by the glory days metric and inevitably everything since has come up short.  Most of our time in the SEC has been spent somewhere in the middle, and pretty much all of the time since 1995 we've been stuck there, but we, and I include myself, think we should be toe to toe with Kentucky, at the top, just like in the epic 1995 SEC tournament game.  As Faulkner put it, "The past isn't dead.  It isn't even past."  1994 is what MA will always be judged against, and he'll probably always come up short.

jst01

Quote from: Fan701 on January 16, 2018, 07:25:47 am
Ha, ha!  I think winning the NC in 1994 instilled delusions of grandeur in us older fans who witnessed it.  Everything is judged by the glory days metric and inevitably everything since has come up short.  Most of our time in the SEC has been spent somewhere in the middle, but we, and I include myself, think we should be toe to toe with Kentucky, at the top, just like in the epic 1995 SEC tournament game.  As Faulkner put it, "The past isn't dead.  It isn't even past."  1994 is what MA will always be judged against, and he'll probably always come up short.

My issue with mike is that a lot of basketball analysts and coaches consider AR one of the top 3 programs in the SEC in basketball (history, success, fan support, etc) yet the recruiting at AR is not near the top 3 in this conference year over year. 

GuvHog

January 16, 2018, 08:05:07 am #60 Last Edit: January 16, 2018, 01:12:21 pm by GuvHog

Jeff Long was Mike Anderson's safety net. As Long as Jeff Long remained AD, Mike was safe no mater how many games his team loses. That safety net was cut down in November of 2017.

As far as the temperature of Mike's seat is concerned, no one really knows because no one knows what the new AD is thinking or how he works. There are still a lot of games left to be played but do not be diluted into thinking things are the same as they were prior to last November. There is a new Sheriff (AD) in town and he doesn't do things the Jeff Long way.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

hogsanity

You fire Mike, you lose the recruits coming in,

So the best security blanket for a coach is to go get a really good class committed for 3 or 4 years out, then just play the " If I leave they don't come " card.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Fan701

I know this article is over five years old, but it is still topical and relevant - and sobering - for those who are always ready to fire the coach, be it football or basketball.  The statistics show that the likeliest outcome is that you spend a lot of money on a buyout and get the same or even worse results: 
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/11/29/sports/ncaafootball/time-runs-out-but-not-the-money-in-college-football-coaches-firings.html

To quote the study cited in the article:  "We find that for particularly poorly performing teams, coach replacements have little effect on team performance as measured against comparable teams that did not replace their coach. However, for teams with middling records—that is, teams where entry conditions for a new coach appear to be more favorable—replacing the head coach appears to result in worse performance over subsequent years than comparable teams who retained their coach."

hogsanity

Quote from: Fan701 on January 16, 2018, 08:47:24 am
I know this article is over five years old, but it is still topical and relevant - and sobering - for those who are always ready to fire the coach, be it football or basketball.  The statistics show that the likeliest outcome is that you spend a lot of money on a buyout and get the same or even worse results: 
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/11/29/sports/ncaafootball/time-runs-out-but-not-the-money-in-college-football-coaches-firings.html

To quote the study cited in the article:  "We find that for particularly poorly performing teams, coach replacements have little effect on team performance as measured against comparable teams that did not replace their coach. However, for teams with middling records—that is, teams where entry conditions for a new coach appear to be more favorable—replacing the head coach appears to result in worse performance over subsequent years than comparable teams who retained their coach."

What's funny about that is that many, not saying you personally, that post stuff like that in jump ball could not wait to get rid of the football coach, and had been calling for his dismissal for 2 or 3 years. Any time anyone would say the football coach needed more time, they'd be told they were just happy with mediocrity, and the thought that the program could never do better was absurd.

I just do not get the almost creepy emotional attachment some here seem to have to Mike Anderson. Of course it could all be a an act too, a character they are playing on Hogville.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Fan701

Quote from: hogsanity on January 16, 2018, 09:08:21 am
What's funny about that is that many, not saying you personally, that post stuff like that in jump ball could not wait to get rid of the football coach, and had been calling for his dismissal for 2 or 3 years. Any time anyone would say the football coach needed more time, they'd be told they were just happy with mediocrity, and the thought that the program could never do better was absurd.

I just do not get the almost creepy emotional attachment some here seem to have to Mike Anderson. Of course it could all be a an act too, a character they are playing on Hogville.
I'm not sure you got the point. We might get lucky with the new football coach, or with a new basketball coach, but the most likely result is that our teams stay about the same or even get worse, while the university incurs enormous expense on buyouts and new contracts.  That's money that might be replaced by donors, or might not, and that might have to come from cuts in other programs.

hogsanity

Quote from: Fan701 on January 16, 2018, 09:16:15 am
I'm not sure you got the point. We might get lucky with the new football coach, or with a new basketball coach, but the most likely result is that our teams stay about the same or even get worse, while the university incurs enormous expense on buyouts and new contracts.  That's money that might be replaced by donors, or might not, and that might have to come from cuts in other programs.

I got the point, and I have been making that point here for over a decade. BUT, if the football program is going to be held to some standard, in a sport that takes far more players to build a winner, than the basketball program should be held to at least the same standards.

Fan701

Quote from: hogsanity on January 16, 2018, 09:24:27 am
I got the point, and I have been making that point here for over a decade. BUT, if the football program is going to be held to some standard, in a sport that takes far more players to build a winner, than the basketball program should be held to at least the same standards.
So, I think you're saying that if we're going to do something that may well be dumb, expensive, and counterproductive in football, then we should do something dumb, expensive, and counterproductive in basketball, too.  I guess that is logical.

hogsanity

Quote from: Fan701 on January 16, 2018, 09:26:21 am
So, I think you're saying that if we're going to do something that may well be dumb, expensive, and counterproductive in football, then we should do something dumb, expensive, and counterproductive in basketball, too.  I guess that is logical.

Paying what coaches are paid in either sport is illogical, quite honestly. They could get similar results for MUCH less $.

About the same temp as F-Ville's wind chill today.

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: hobhog on January 15, 2018, 11:54:56 pm
If he gets in the tournament he will be fine with most, even if loses first game. It's equivalent to going 7-5 in football and going to a bowl.

But eventually you have to win SOMETHING, right?

I do not hate Mike. I just don't think he will ever take us to top 25 status as a program. He is just a very average coach.
making the 2nd round of the NCAA tourney is not equaling to 7-5, more like 9-3 because you will end up almost in the top 25, and they finished #20 in the 2015 season and that's way better than Beliema ever finished
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: hogsanity on January 16, 2018, 09:08:21 am

Look if Bret could get us as a perennial contender and in the top half of our conference I would've fought for him tooth and nail.  He couldn't do that.  Barely beat The Chantlecleers (can't even remember the schools name!). You put a team like the chanticleers in front of Mike at home, we're gonna blow them out any given time. 

rzrbackramsfan

Hahahahaha.  I've actually never thought about it like that.

hogsanity

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on January 16, 2018, 10:05:56 am
Look if Bret could get us as a perennial contender and favorite in our conference I would've fought for him tooth and nail.  He couldn't do that.  Barely beat The Chantlecleers (can't even remember the schools name!). You put a team like the chanticleers in front of Mike at home, we're gonna blow them out any given time. 

And BB blew out many teams like that too in his 5 seasons. Mike could not even be a perennial contender in a sec that, until this season, was dreadfully bad.

forrest city joe

Quote from: BassinHawg on January 15, 2018, 10:39:26 pm
WRONG! Maybe another year but not Years!
No i am right.Mike Anderson will be the coach here past next year.unless he leaves on his own.i have been hearing this crap of him getting fired for the last 5 years. how did it work out for you haters?

forrest city joe

+1000.Right on the money.

hogfan10

I think what he is saying is that the coach of one program is getting a pass from some, that the coach of another program did not enjoy from those same some.

hogsanity

And Mike's PR team here could not care less if the Hogs ever win anything as long as Mike is on the sideline.

MountieDawg

January 16, 2018, 10:34:18 am #77 Last Edit: January 16, 2018, 10:46:12 am by MountieDawg
Quote from: forrest city joe on January 16, 2018, 10:17:39 am
+1000.Right on the money.

I imagine the excitement was crazy for you when MA was hired.... You were thinking hell yeah, I bet we get at least 1 win in the NCAAT in his first 6 years.  And overjoyed when after 6 years he has 2 NCAAT game wins.  Glory day are back....  Seriously, is that what you were thinking?  Or did you think, first year will be tough, but year 2 we will make the Sweet 16 and at lest 2 Elite 8's or better in his first 6 years.  Heck he did it at Missouri, made the Sweet 16 at UAB... He will dominate at Arkansas!!!!  HONESTLY, TELL ME WHAT YOUR EXPECTATIONS WERE WHEN HE WAS HIRED???
SEC!

ThisTeetsTaken

No reason for a hot seat on Mike.  The program is trending upward albeit slowly.   Recruiting is on the uptick also.  Only problem I have with Mike is he gets out coached pretty regularly against quality coaches.
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

rzrbkman

Quote from: daprospecta on January 15, 2018, 10:37:32 pm
What I find funny is the target keeps moving.  At first it was, "Mike does not make the tourney often enough", now the new narrative is "He never makes it past the round of 32". I seriously want to know what you guys expect from a coach year in and out.  I will admit that I am tired of these lapses we had the last two years but we are also solidly in the field the last two years and anything can happen. If you think you can go find a coach that will have you in the sweet 16 every year, I want what you are drinking.

Is it too much to ask for at least 1 Sweet 16?

Fan701

January 16, 2018, 10:51:28 am #80 Last Edit: January 16, 2018, 11:06:15 am by Fan701
Quote from: hogfan10 on January 16, 2018, 10:21:23 am
I think what he is saying is that the coach of one program is getting a pass from some, that the coach of another program did not enjoy from those same some.
Ok. But he was replying to my post about a statistical study from a few years back in Social Science Quarterly that concluded:  "We find that for particularly poorly performing teams, coach replacements have little effect on team performance as measured against comparable teams that did not replace their coach. However, for teams with middling records—that is, teams where entry conditions for a new coach appear to be more favorable—replacing the head coach appears to result in worse performance over subsequent years than comparable teams who retained their coach."  My point was that the most likely result of firing Bielema (maybe Anderson, too, if it came to that) will be that we'd spend an enornous amount of money on buyouts and new contracts and stay about the same or even get worse. On the other hand, maybe we'd get lucky, but it's the less likely outcome.

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: hogsanity on January 16, 2018, 10:12:47 am
And BB blew out many teams like that too in his 5 seasons. Mike could not even be a perennial contender in a sec that, until this season, was dreadfully bad.

Mikes teams aren't contenders?  He had one team a game under .500, one team at .500, and the rest above .500?  Maybe not always a contender to win the SEC but a .500 team is a contender to win any given game. 

If Bret would've hung around .500 in the SEC I'd say he gets more time but he was woefully short of that.  Huge difference between the coaches. 

And as far as the Sec being weak, 1. The Sec is always underrated, tournament performances back up this assertation.  2.  Whether you're conference is good or not, your performance in that conference should be the ultimate judge.  Your conference determines your RPI and a lot of times the players you're able to recruit. 

Torqued pork

January 16, 2018, 10:58:31 am #82 Last Edit: January 16, 2018, 03:50:15 pm by Torqued pork
After six years the only things I'm sure of is MA's teams have a low basketball IQ, a lack of fundamentals, and at times a lack of effort that will continue. The next recruiting class or the class after will only be different names with the same old problems.

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: hogsanity on January 16, 2018, 10:29:19 am
And Mike's PR team here could not care less if the Hogs ever win anything as long as Mike is on the sideline.

Couldn't be more false, I support Mike because I believe he's our best shot to win big, not bc I like him as a person.  I believe that's true for everyone.

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: rzrbkman on January 16, 2018, 10:43:18 am
Is it too much to ask for at least 1 Sweet 16?

Now? No. But you should be more worried about having teams and a program capable than actually getting into the sweet 16 bc the tourneys so unpredictable. 

6 years ago?  Yea, that would be a steep order., our team and program were not at that level.  3 years in when had BP as a freshman then it would be fair to start asking about a sweet sixteen.

hogsanity

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on January 16, 2018, 10:58:55 am
Couldn't be more false, I support Mike because I believe he's our best shot to win big, not bc I like him as a person.  I believe that's true for everyone.

Win big? In 6 seasons they have 2 NCAAT wins, no SEC titles ( Reg season or sect ) and have missed post season play totally in 3 of those 6 seasons. Not only have they not won big they ave not won anything under Mike.

Quote from: MountieDawg on January 16, 2018, 10:34:18 am
I imagine the excitement was crazy for you when MA was hired.... You were thinking hell yeah, I bet we get at least 1 win in the NCAAT in his first 6 years.  And overjoyed when after 6 years he has 2 NCAAT game wins.  Glory day are back....  Seriously, is that what you were thinking?  Or did you think, first year will be tough, but year 2 we will make the Sweet 16 and at lest 2 Elite 8's or better in his first 6 years.  Heck he did it at Missouri, made the Sweet 16 at UAB... He will dominate at Arkansas!!!!  HONESTLY, TELL ME WHAT YOUR EXPECTATIONS WERE WHEN HE WAS HIRED???

His expectations were simply to get to see Mike on the sideline, period. He has as much as said so, he expect NOTHING as far ans winning anything of importance. He looks at Mike and is transported back to 1994, and he wraps himself in the warm blanket of a magic season that happened 23 years ago.

hobhog

If we lose tomorrow we will have dropped last 4 of 5 games and on verge of missing tournament. That would make 4 out of 7 years at home. With three senior guards and a great center.

And we lose a lot of players next year and have a rebuild(rebuild what I have no idea). How a fan of any program could be satisfied with that is baffling. We shall see in a couple of months.

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: hobhog on January 16, 2018, 11:39:11 am
If we lose tomorrow we will have dropped last 4 of 5 games and on verge of missing tournament. That would make 4 out of 7 years at home. With three senior guards and a great center.

And we lose a lot of players next year and have a rebuild(rebuild what I have no idea). How a fan of any program could be satisfied with that is baffling. We shall see in a couple of months.
actually we wouldn't be on the verge of missing the tourney
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

lynbug

Quote from: HogBreath on January 15, 2018, 07:32:51 pm
We should be really good next year or maybe the next year or the year after that for sure.
LOL!!!

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: hogsanity on January 16, 2018, 11:17:40 am
Win big? In 6 seasons they have 2 NCAAT wins, no SEC titles ( Reg season or sect ) and have missed post season play totally in 3 of those 6 seasons. Not only have they not won big they ave not won anything under Mike.

His expectations were simply to get to see Mike on the sideline, period. He has as much as said so, he expect NOTHING as far ans winning anything of importance. He looks at Mike and is transported back to 1994, and he wraps himself in the warm blanket of a magic season that happened 23 years ago.

Why does everybody keep saying the tournament 2 out of 6 years?  Do you not acknowledge that it takes time to upgrade the roster, get your type of players inane develop a culture?  As far as making the tournrament, he should have at least two years where he gets a pass - completely reasonable for a "system coach"

That means he's been to the tournament 2 out of 4 years and post season and an NIT. 

To win an SECT or Reg season you're basically asking us to be better than Kentucky.  that's a tall order considering Arkansas doesn't pay players and isn't exactly a destination for athletes, HOWEVER, we are knocking on the door. 

We're knocking on that door of the Sweet sixteen too.  So yes, while we haven't won anything yet, we're so close!  If you really want to just scrap all of that and start in a new direction, I'd be interested in some of your other life choices.  We're you 6 credit hours away from majoring in engineering and you said, ahh no, this isn't going to work out, I'm changing my major to accounting! Or maybe you were building a house and had everything in there but like the appliances and carpet and then tore the whole thing down to restart it. 

labb

This is one heck of a thread. For all of you that want Anderson gone and did not want him in the first place, you must have forgotten the shape we were in when he was hired. I don't remember anyone knocking down the door to take the job. So, now who do you think would take this job if he was fired. Some up and comer that we would have to take a chance on. We have tried to hire "Big Time" coaches before and that sure did not work out. So we can post all that we want on an internet message board and it is a lot of fun but it has no influence on what actually happens.

majp51

Quote from: hobhog on January 15, 2018, 06:30:37 pm
He is fine unless we continue the slide and don't make the Madness.

No one seems to ever post what his buyout is, so  there is that. People were blasting out Coach B's all year long.....

Depending on why we slide even missing the tournament may not make his seat hot. Given how incredibly top heavy this years team is I don't believe an extended injury to Macon or Barford would result in him getting on the hot seat.

Breems

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on January 16, 2018, 11:48:17 am
Why does everybody keep saying the tournament 2 out of 6 years?  Do you not acknowledge that it takes time to upgrade the roster, get your type of players inane develop a culture?  As far as making the tournrament, he should have at least two years where he gets a pass - completely reasonable for a "system coach"

That means he's been to the tournament 2 out of 4 years and post season and an NIT. 

To win an SECT or Reg season you're basically asking us to be better than Kentucky.  that's a tall order considering Arkansas doesn't pay players and isn't exactly a destination for athletes, HOWEVER, we are knocking on the door. 

We're knocking on that door of the Sweet sixteen too.  So yes, while we haven't won anything yet, we're so close!  If you really want to just scrap all of that and start in a new direction, I'd be interested in some of your other life choices.  We're you 6 credit hours away from majoring in engineering and you said, ahh no, this isn't going to work out, I'm changing my major to accounting! Or maybe you were building a house and had everything in there but like the appliances and carpet and then tore the whole thing down to restart it. 

Try talking to him in football terms. He seems to understand all the pain and struggles that football coaches go through and lowers his standards for them, so maybe you can make a breakthrough with that approach.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

hogsanity

Quote from: Breems on January 16, 2018, 12:48:47 pm
Try talking to him in football terms. He seems to understand all the pain and struggles that football coaches go through and lowers his standards for them, so maybe you can make a breakthrough with that approach.

In yr 5 the football coach went 4-8 in a league that had 2 teams in the nc game, in a sport that requires far more players.  In Mike's 5th yr he went 16-16 in a league that I think only had 3 ncaat teams in a sport where 1 player can turn a team around in an instant.

Of course the difference could be they think Mike is fine for a mediocre program.

zebradynasty

The most insane thing about this thread I still can't believe how many fans think the answer to not winning is fire the coach! Fire MA and we will have fired the last 5 basketball coaches! I know, I know Altman quit but that was because he saw the level of dysfunction that is Arkansas Athletics. In Football we've fired/ran off the last 8 coaches! WHERE HAS IT GOTTEN US! Real talk... the reason Morris took so long to hire a staff....Arkansas is a career killer job! He finally found some coaches that were willing to roll the dice hoping for the hard 7 and make it a come up career move but in reality history has shown the odds are against it!

We've won more games in the SEC over the last few years than anyone outside of Kentucky. MA has signed two highly ranked classes in a row. This season we are beating top 25 teams, yes we are in a slump currently but very few schools in our current position and bright future would be calling for a new head coach!   

hogsanity

Quote from: zebradynasty on January 16, 2018, 01:07:37 pm
The most insane thing about this thread I still can't believe how many fans think the answer to not winning is fire the coach! Fire MA and we will have fired the last 5 basketball coaches! I know, I know Altman quit but that was because he saw the level of dysfunction that is Arkansas Athletics. In Football we've fired/ran off the last 8 coaches! WHERE HAS IT GOTTEN US! Real talk... the reason Morris took so long to hire a staff....Arkansas is a career killer job! He finally found some coaches that were willing to roll the dice hoping for the hard 7 and make it a come up career move but in reality history has shown the odds are against it!

We've won more games in the SEC over the last few years than anyone outside of Kentucky. MA has signed two highly ranked classes in a row. This season we are beating top 25 teams, yes we are in a slump currently but very few schools in our current position and bright future would be calling for a new head coach!   

If the future is so bright, why would they have trouble finding a new coach?

texas tush hog

texas tush hog

Quote from: forrest city joe on January 16, 2018, 10:15:51 am
No i am right.Mike Anderson will be the coach here past next year.unless he leaves on his own.i have been hearing this crap of him getting fired for the last 5 years. how did it work out for you haters?

Tell em Joe.

zebradynasty

Quote from: hogsanity on January 16, 2018, 01:09:21 pm
If the future is so bright, why would they have trouble finding a new coach?

Oh we would find a coach! But it would be one with question marks. No proven NCAA Tournament coach will take the job...bet that (unless we pay way more than what we pay MA)! We'll get another Stan Heath type coach trying to come up!

20gauge

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on January 16, 2018, 11:48:17 am

Because that is what it is. 2 out of 6 years. Plenty of coaches are turning programs and recruiting around a lot faster than MA has. The books still out on this year but next year we will ha e to hear all the same excuses. Man this team is young, let them learn the system and so on. Next year we are basically back to a complete rebuild. And please don't hit me with that class ranking. Sure a solid class no doubt but the high ranking is due to so many being brought in.

It seems we are no closer to moving past the second round than we were last year. Don't give me this we got cheated junk either. We didn't score for the last 4 minutes of the ballgame because of the same reason we got blown out by LSU. We were standing around waiting on refs to bail us out and MA standing with his thumb up his butt the whole time and not calling a timeout.

I expect more and better. There was a flash of it early this season only to scrape by with two wins at home. We shouldn't be having this selfish and uninspired play. That's the main thing I can't stand and it's costing us ballgames.